• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Thank u

Thank so much MamaJ and Baba Aladura for ur response to my post.I have been so worried abt this issue and have even wondered if the win is a blessing or curse if it means i have to leave my husband till God knows when, after just a few months or perhaps a year of marriage.KCC actually told me i need to download the forms and fill it to reflect the change in my family status and of coruse with documented evidence ie a marriage certificate.I will do so without wasting more time.
Once again thank u so much for ur good advice.The good Lord will perfect that which concerns u.

You are welcome

Thank so much MamaJ and Baba Aladura for ur response to my post.I have been so worried abt this issue and have even wondered if the win is a blessing or curse if it means i have to leave my husband till God knows when, after just a few months or perhaps a year of marriage.KCC actually told me i need to download the forms and fill it to reflect the change in my family status and of coruse with documented evidence ie a marriage certificate.I will do so without wasting more time.
Once again thank u so much for ur good advice.The good Lord will perfect that which concerns u.
You are welcome my sister; we all try to help.
By the way, don't forget to check out the Nigerian 2007 thread; there are many seasoned experts there who are always willing to help.

You are welcome my sister; we all try to help.
By the way, don't forget to check out the Nigerian 2007 thread; there are many seasoned experts there who are always willing to help.

Baba Aladura, what I feel we do is to bring like terms together, remeber this is 2008 DV winners, some people dont have regular access to internet and once they do they just browse through one thread, so if u ask this lady to go to 2007 thread, it means people in the same dilema and belong to 2008 may not benefit, from the advice.
So my brother I feel we should give our advice to her right in this thread, so that we can have a little coodination, remeber that is what AME is all about.

Joyful pls just do exactly what MamaJ have said and prayers will settle the remaining

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree

Baba Aladura, what I feel we do is to bring like terms together, remeber this is 2008 DV winners, some people dont have regular access to internet and once they do they just browse through one thread, so if u ask this lady to go to 2007 thread, it means people in the same dilema and belong to 2008 may not benefit, from the advice.
So my brother I feel we should give our advice to her right in this thread, so that we can have a little coodination, remeber that is what AME is all about.

Joyful pls just do exactly what MamaJ have said and prayers will settle the remaining
Hi Modest, I agree with your point.

Thanks everybody.

I agree with Modest that 2008 winners should be advised on this thread so all of us will benefit.Meanwhile,I will take time to go thru the 2007 thread as i have unlimited assess to the internet.

I wish to ask the house if i should make all the changes when completing the 2nd forms ie change of name,address etc.

I also have anther issue bugging my mind
My name was wrongly spelled in my WAEC certificate.My name is Nkechinyere but was spelt Nkecinyere by WAEC.Would this affect my entry even though I have a degree and WAEC is not my highest qualification?
Also what do u mean by verification of WAEC as i have seen in the 2007 thread?I have my WAEC certificate.Do i need verification?

Thanks everybody.

I agree with Modest that 2008 winners should be advised on this thread so all of us will benefit.Meanwhile,I will take time to go thru the 2007 thread as i have unlimited assess to the internet.

I wish to ask the house if i should make all the changes when completing the 2nd forms ie change of name,address etc.

I also have anther issue bugging my mind
My name was wrongly spelled in my WAEC certificate.My name is Nkechinyere but was spelt Nkecinyere by WAEC.Would this affect my entry even though I have a degree and WAEC is not my highest qualification?
Also what do u mean by verification of WAEC as i have seen in the 2007 thread?I have my WAEC certificate.Do i need verification?

if u have submitted the nl t kcc, u have to download form ds-230 fill for ur hubby(write ur case no at the top right), scan this and the marriage cert and send via e-mail to kcc explaining thay u change ur status after the first entry.
if u are not satisfied with this, u make copy of ur marriage cert add to ds-230 and pst to kcc via regular mail.
the spelling in ur waec shuld not pose any wahala, since u have ur waec cert u dont need verification

Special tanks Modest.U are da bomb.

Well i have been going thru the 2007 thread and i think i have read abt 47 pages out 117.The thing here is that i don see some negative info wey dey make my heart shake with fear.Una ppl for 2007 come say oyibo go think say na bcos of lottery i don go marry becos they don label all nigerians as 419.Please wetin i go do?Some even said it is best to allow the initial entry remain as it is.In fact am really confused.By the way i did not tell that though married according to the custom and tradition of my people I am yet to go for my white wedding and consequently marriage papers.This is coming up next month.I cant cancel my wedding plans simply bcos i won the lottery.Am confused,shld go on esp considering the negative info from 2007 thread.

To all the DV hopefuls both 2007 and 2008 hear this

He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above more than u can ever ask or imagine,according to His power that works in you.

I know this is mind blowing,but u have got to believe it cos all things are possible to Him that believes and anything is possible if u believe and also nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Pls dont forget prayers,Cos the effectual fervent heartfelt continued prayer of a righteous man avails much (makes tremendous power available,dynamic in its working)

joy baby

Special tanks Modest.U are da bomb.

Well i have been going thru the 2007 thread and i think i have read abt 47 pages out 117.The thing here is that i don see some negative info wey dey make my heart shake with fear.Una ppl for 2007 come say oyibo go think say na bcos of lottery i don go marry becos they don label all nigerians as 419.Please wetin i go do?Some even said it is best to allow the initial entry remain as it is.In fact am really confused.By the way i did not tell that though married according to the custom and tradition of my people I am yet to go for my white wedding and consequently marriage papers.This is coming up next month.I cant cancel my wedding plans simply bcos i won the lottery.Am confused,shld go on esp considering the negative info from 2007 thread.

Thank u fr congratulating me, thanks so much.

See madam, what u read in this forum should make u happy not afraid, becuase, u are now informed and prepared.
It is is even better than u dont have ur court certificate yet, it is going to work for u positively, becuase they will see that the marriage came after u have submitted, fine they could say it is because of the lottery, and they could as well not say that. what they actually want to know is that ur marriage is sincere.
So u will need to give us sme infor about ur hubby so that we can guide u, did u attend the same higher institution, are u from the same village and all stuff, going forward begin to keep and collate all the old and new pics that u guys have taken together esply at parties.
The information u have come accross at 2007 should make u strong, tell u what?, so many people have wasted alot of money on lottery issues yet lack this type of infor, so being afraid is the last word i will want to hear.
Where ur party go take place now, I beg invite us for the 'Rice and Soup Very Plenty' (RSVP)

Dear Modest,I apprecaite ur wise counsel and i retract that statement abt fear.The truth is many emotions ranging from suprise,disbelieve,anxiety and even more has raced thru my mind since i got the NL cos i was not prepared for anything like this.U know i didnt enter for the DV and was not aware of anybody entering for me till i received that NL.thank God for this forum as i now have a basic idea of what the whole thing is all abt and as i keep reading thru i get to know more.

I honestly agree with u that abt the info that one gathers from this forum.i actually believe that the major difference btw successful and unsuccessful interviews is the info tha each applicant has and thank God i have access to 1st class info from these threads.

As regards my hubby,I met him 3.5 years ago.We were in the same institution,i in final and he in second year.We both left the school that same year cos i finished my program while he left cos the pressure from work became so much and he couldnt cope with the 2 at the same time.We kept touch with each other via visits and telephone calls but not letters and emails cos he lives nearby.We also have little or no pics togther cos am not a camera person and avoided snapping with him ,so u see i have little supporting evidence of a long standing relation ship with him.we started the marriage proceedings in December and just concluded the traditional b4 the NL.i hope thats enough info.

I want to ask if it is ok to include the instution my husby and i attended together while completing forms ds 230 for him.I think it will be a good idea cos our journey as family started their and i can easily talk abt that in such a way as to convince any thomas unlike when i remove some things.I might make a slip at the interview and say the wrong thing.On the other hand,i am afraid that he might not be able to prove he attended that institution since he did not finish from there and has no paper to prove he ever attended the school.2ndly,he has a diploma now and currently studying for a higher diploma,what should i fill for the highest qualification attained?High school diploma or college but no degree?

Oh lest i forget the RSVP is here in Naija,Aba to be precise and i will love to have una there.In fact u will be among those sitting on the high table and of spraying the hard currencies(lol).and dont forget to bring my seniors from 2007.They are great people indeed.

Have great evening.

Dear Modest,I apprecaite ur wise counsel and i retract that statement abt fear.The truth is many emotions ranging from suprise,disbelieve,anxiety and even more has raced thru my mind since i got the NL cos i was not prepared for anything like this.U know i didnt enter for the DV and was not aware of anybody entering for me till i received that NL.thank God for this forum as i now have a basic idea of what the whole thing is all abt and as i keep reading thru i get to know more.

I honestly agree with u that abt the info that one gathers from this forum.i actually believe that the major difference btw successful and unsuccessful interviews is the info tha each applicant has and thank God i have access to 1st class info from these threads.

As regards my hubby,I met him 3.5 years ago.We were in the same institution,i in final and he in second year.We both left the school that same year cos i finished my program while he left cos the pressure from work became so much and he couldnt cope with the 2 at the same time.We kept touch with each other via visits and telephone calls but not letters and emails cos he lives nearby.We also have little or no pics togther cos am not a camera person and avoided snapping with him ,so u see i have little supporting evidence of a long standing relation ship with him.we started the marriage proceedings in December and just concluded the traditional b4 the NL.i hope thats enough info.

I want to ask if it is ok to include the instution my husby and i attended together while completing forms ds 230 for him.I think it will be a good idea cos our journey as family started their and i can easily talk abt that in such a way as to convince any thomas unlike when i remove some things.I might make a slip at the interview and say the wrong thing.On the other hand,i am afraid that he might not be able to prove he attended that institution since he did not finish from there and has no paper to prove he ever attended the school.2ndly,he has a diploma now and currently studying for a higher diploma,what should i fill for the highest qualification attained?High school diploma or college but no degree?

Oh lest i forget the RSVP is here in Naija,Aba to be precise and i will love to have una there.In fact u will be among those sitting on the high table and of spraying the hard currencies(lol).and dont forget to bring my seniors from 2007.They are great people indeed.

Have great evening.

Joy, lets take it in turn
Dont ever mention the name of the school that ur hubby did not get a certificate from as part of the schools he attended.
In the ds-230, pls write only the schools and certificate that ur hubby has at hand, in this case the national diploma will do and his high school. Opportunity will come for u to include the higher diploma if he graduates before next year, cos the ds-230 will be sent to u again in the second package and u will be able add his new qualigication.
During the interview if u are being asked how u met ur spouse, pls be as diplomatic as u can and u could say u met while u are in school in the school premises but not that he could not complete his programme.
you dont have problems with the pixs stuff, since u have the traditonal marriage pix and u could take more pix if it is convinient for u.
About the marriage cert, it has to be court or church, so do not worry, u can send the whole stuff to kcc after ur marriage, as u know ur traditional marriage is recognised but not documented, so in this sense it is assumed as 'engagement', while the marriage with certificate is the one that u will be use.
The ds-230 form does not really ask High school diploma or college but no degree?

Hey my people in 2007 thread, na wah, some of u have refused to contribute to this 2008 thread, i dont know why, but pls one Nigeria, though diff year of winning, remeber we are all one

Omission

Modest man,U really took it turn by turn but omitted sth here.u didnt refused to acknowledge the offer to be the chairman at my wedding.Abi u no gree?

Omission

Modest man,U really took it turn by turn but omitted sth here.u refused to acknowledge the offer to be the chairman at my wedding.Abi u no gree?if u no gree talk make i find another person ooo.And pls those ur friends on 2007 thread should make haste and come over cos we honestly need their input here.
thanks for the info.

Pls my international passsport,shld it be my maiden name or married name.i filled my maiden name in all the forms.

hello guys

hi,guys.pls let us try to make this DV08 forum interesting ,as most of the gud gurus in dv07 are leaving the forum as most of them have been elevated.let come together and rub minds.

i will like to say a big thank you to modest,mamaj and johnkent also ayobiyi you guys have really helped me to untie some nutty worries.May the good lord see all of us thru this phase.thank you so much

Modest man,U really took it turn by turn but omitted sth here.u refused to acknowledge the offer to be the chairman at my wedding.Abi u no gree?if u no gree talk make i find another person ooo.And pls those ur friends on 2007 thread should make haste and come over cos we honestly need their input here.
thanks for the info.

Pls my international passsport,shld it be my maiden name or married name.i filled my maiden name in all the forms.

i beg no kind me, if fit no come the wedding becos i fit dey states that time, you sha understand.

About the passport, if u have an old one with ur maiden name, u will have to do a new one with ur husband's name, (not renewal, but a fresh one,) but on the day of the interview u will have to bring the old one if u have it or if u have applied for any visa with it before.
But if this is the first time u are getting a passport, wait a bit maybe 2 weeks after ur wedding then get a passport.

i hope I made some sense

you are right

hi,guys.pls let us try to make this DV08 forum interesting ,as most of the gud gurus in dv07 are leaving the forum as most of them have been elevated.let come together and rub minds.

yes yu are right, make this forum a big cake and it will be very useful for us and the imcoming generation that is if the new immigration law allows for further visa lottery,
just make sure u share what u have learnt and always reveal how u go about ur processes so that others can learn.
Also thro in questions no matter how thin

God bless us

2007 Legacy

I suspect that we are not getting many questions on the 2008 forum because of the magnificient job done on the 2007 forum [it is an exhaustive compedium of different scenarios in the DV process] ; many 2008 winners may be going there, reading old threads and getting their answers. So they are not posting new threads.
Of course, when new threads are posted here and we have answers Modest, Mama J and others have been on hand to respond.

NB:
I notice that Joyful mentioned about "hard currency". It has been determined that the dollar is called "hard currency" because you have to work "hard" to get it. :D

I suspect that we are not getting many questions on the 2008 forum because of the magnificient job done on the 2007 forum [it is an exhaustive compedium of different scenarios in the DV process] ; many 2008 winners may be going there, reading old threads and getting their answers. So they are not posting new threads.
Of course, when new threads are posted here and we have answers Modest, Mama J and others have been on hand to respond.

NB:
I notice that Joyful mentioned about "hard currency". It has been determined that the dollar is called "hard currency" because you have to work "hard" to get it. :D

hard currency indeed, that definition is great u know.

Anyway my people of 2008, the ball is in ur court, if u post ur questions in this thread like Baba Aladura rightly said, so many people will be on ground to answer them, and it will also encourage u to do some researcha and be able to answer other peoples questions , what i just feel is that there should be an organised setting as diff immigration laws crop up each year.

My question, pls can any one tell me what determines port of entry , is it the state where the sponsor resides or what?