• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

jcries, the Lord is alive, I know what it means like to have to wait, but we all pray every day and am sure God will answer, our prayers

Onyii, i think it is financially advisable to send a mail to kcc instead of calling

Islandgirl, big up and lets pray 2008 will not be forever

Hi Modest, I certainly hope 2008 comes quickly. Normally I am not so hurry to have another birthday but this time I will make an exception :)

Help for dv 2008 Please??

Hello,

My husband and I won dv 2008. We filled in the dv forms somewhere in December and at the time we're not married but we have lived together for 2 years and were engaged.

However, we filled in as a married couple by mistake, we didn't really gave it any thought since where we live if you live together you have the same right as a married couple, and we were planning to get married in summer. Can any one tell us how this might affect our case? since it was just an honest mistake, and we are currently legally married.???

kitty

Hello,

My husband and I won dv 2008. We filled in the dv forms somewhere in December and at the time we're not married but we have lived together for 2 years and were engaged.

However, we filled in as a married couple by mistake, we didn't really gave it any thought since where we live if you live together you have the same right as a married couple, and we were planning to get married in summer. Can any one tell us how this might affect our case? since it was just an honest mistake, and we are currently legally married.???

kitty

if u have enough proof to say that you havebee living together for 2 years and engaged, u are not supposed to have any problem

Thanks all

thanks guys for bombarding me with your helps..lol am so glad u all took is to your selfs..well i have sent them mail to confirm the delivery.
agian i will have to log in to fedex to find out if there is some thing like name of person that recieved it.. that will be so nice to know...
so which ppl are current now.i mean where is the latest bulletin?..
thanks alll..
we all are one..............

why not try this kitty

Hello,

kitty

well Kitty i think all you have to do is to get a marriage certificate that can solidify the fact that the two of you are married. and the date should be made in such away that it will correspond with the time you fill the first form. i mean back date you cert. so that it can be enough to convince oyibo that u were already married before filling the form. thaz my own advice...not saying is the best..lol good luck........

if u have enough proof to say that you havebee living together for 2 years and engaged, u are not supposed to have any problem

Hey Modest, On the form, she was asked to write the name of her spouse and not boyfriend.That could be seen as false information and grounds for visa denial.

Hi,
Thank you for your answers. But it was just a stupied mistake filling in the married couple. but the other options we're not aplicable either. like Single.
hmmm, donno what to do.
Kitty

Kitty,
I still think something can be done to your case, that is, if you have not mailed your forms to KCC and that you have not been married yet.
if you have not been married yet (Civil Marriage).
Then go to Court, swear an affidavit that you are the said woman, you could say that you have been living with this man for the past bla bla bla, after your traditional marriage that you want to formalise the marriage legally, hence, the need for this affidavit.

Then when you get to the registry, tell them over there that you want then to issue you a "SAME WIFE / SAME HUSBAND" certificate, they dont need to back time.

Then go get yourself some pictures to back up your claims, if it will take you to stage a traditional marriage so as to get the pictures, you do that.

With these, you should be fine.

Hey Modest, On the form, she was asked to write the name of her spouse and not boyfriend.That could be seen as false information and grounds for visa denial.

she could say, she filled in her spouse name because she thought been married traditionally was acceptable.

Hi, it is a good idea the traditional marriage thing. except there is not such a thing where i live. if you are married in any way you'll need a licence from the tax office and then it is legalized:) i wish i was in africa or some where where they have those traditional marriges:)
Kitty

Hi, it is a good idea the traditional marriage thing. except there is not such a thing where i live. if you are married in any way you'll need a licence from the tax office and then it is legalized:) i wish i was in africa or some where where they have those traditional marriges:)
Kitty

Where you from?

marriage

THERE IS ROOM FOR COMMON LAW WIFE, SOME MANY PEOPLE ARE MAARIED THE TRADITIONAL WAY WITHOUT PAPER, IF THEY HAD A CEREMONY DURING THEIR ENGAGEMENT, SHE COULD SAY IT IS TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE,
I DIDN'T WANT TO PUT THAT FIRST SO THAT SHE WILL BE ABLE TO COME UP WITH MORE VITAL INFORMATION TO HELP THE SITUATION, BACKDATING A MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IS ONE OF THEM, BUT WHAT EVER SHE DOES, SHE HAS TO BE SURE, THAT NOBODY IS PUTTING WORDS IN HER MOUTH, I MEAN KITTY

Kitty

Kitty

EVERY COUNTRY HAS ROOM FOR COMMON LAW WIFE, ONCE U HAVE LIVED TOGETHER FOR UP TO TWO YEARS, FIND OUT WHAT OPERATES IN THE COUNTRY WHERE U LIVE AND SEE HOW U CAN APPLY IT TO UR CASE

laugh

An aboki was coming to Lagos on a Sunday morning on
getting to ogoja he bought a goat to give to his
neighbour .When they finally got to Berger people were
coming down from the bus and the goat took advantage
of that for an easy escape. Immediately, the bus
driver alerted the aboki that his goat had fled
instead of running after the goat the aboki sat
unruffled in the bus laughing at the goat and when he
was asked why he did not chase the goat he said" kai
whalahi no mind am por the goat, make e run, the
address wey e dey go dey my focket"

I already mailed this but I think I should still ask u, can I mail KCC to correct an error I made in My Spouse date of birth when i was entering for the lottery. I am yet to submit the first form sent to me.

I already mailed this but I think I should still ask u, can I mail KCC to correct an error I made in My Spouse date of birth when i was entering for the lottery. I am yet to submit the first form sent to me.

I am afraid, KCC can not do that.

dob

date of birth is very important and if u have made a mistake and do not want to be disqualified, she will have to adopt that date of birth.
but if her passport states otherwise, and she has applied for a visa with it or she has a visa on it, you will not be able to adopt the new date of birth, in the nonshell u may have to give some more information to so that the house can come up with a lot of options for u

hi every body in the house . i can see that this trend is not being updated as suppose. does it mean that many of our members are busy now processing their interview or some thing or the 2008 winners are not yet much concern about what is happening to others of 2007. hey come every body lets put hands and make this house a longing place for visitors.
hey my dear commy. i think to your answer since your hubby is not the chief applicant, instead of creating problem to your self why not get him a new Birth cert and new passport that will bear the date of birth which u filled in there.
on the other hands your friends case. i think kcc should be notified about the child who does not belong to the two couple biologically. and hear what they can say.. cos there are in the better position to decide on what should done.
MAY 2008 COME QUICK.......LOL HEHEHEHE