• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

I thot of that.

Yes Onyii, I thot of him getting a new passport where he can adopt the new date of birth. But the problem is that he has appeared at the US embassy b4 (twice) and we are afraid that since they will do Finger print, he could be found out cos his information will differ from what they orioginally have with them. What do you think?

Just a thought

Yes Onyii, I thot of him getting a new passport where he can adopt the new date of birth. But the problem is that he has appeared at the US embassy b4 (twice) and we are afraid that since they will do Finger print, he could be found out cos his information will differ from what they orioginally have with them. What do you think?
Let me suggest sending in your forms with the correct date of birth and give a written explanation of the mistake to KCC.
Ask them for a written acknowlegement of the issue. This written acknowlegement can be presented to the embassy [if they raise any issue] during the interview.
Since your husband is not the main winner, I suspect that the embassy will overlook the whole issue as a HONEST mistake.
The problem with trying to get him new birth certificate and passport is that you cannot predict how far back you will have to go, just to keep changing just one single digit 197[4] for 197[5].
It just becomes a slippery slope.
The real problem is that if the embassy discovers the discrepancy, you will not be able to give a honest explanation. They may conclude this to be fraud and the only penalty so far is a life-time ban from the US.
They already have some of his data from the past, and since these guys are using very sophisticated technology to verify identity[initially designed for espionage and catching terrorists] it may be impossible for a layman like me or you to beat them.
Look at the big picture; if this DV does not work out, there will always be opportunities in the future to enter the US. A life-time ban for fraud will ruin that possibility.
By the way, you don't new passports- they accept the old ones as long as they are renewed and still have 6 months left on them.

passport

if ur hubby has applied for us visa before with the same passport, then u cannt change it,
Mail kcc tell them about the mistake and pray, there is nothing imporsibile for God

Urgent.

Am currently a winner in the DV2008 with 2008AF000074XX.

When filling my form 230. I wrote my graduation date as June 2006 only to discover that my Certificate has 07-2006 that is July, It that really a big problem. Secondly i sent my visa forms (122&230) via registered Post, How do i comfirm that it has gotten to KCC. Them when am i likely to be interviewed and what is the nature of the questions.

Thanks
Kenns

Am currently a winner in the DV2008 with 2008AF000074XX.

When filling my form 230. I wrote my graduation date as June 2006 only to discover that my Certificate has 07-2006 that is July, It that really a big problem. Secondly i sent my visa forms (122&230) via registered Post, How do i comfirm that it has gotten to KCC. Them when am i likely to be interviewed and what is the nature of the questions.

Thanks
Kenns

You should write kcc immediately via e-mailand inform them about the error, since you have a document to back it up, that you not pose any problem.
Posting by registered mail is ok, after about two weeks, mail kcc and confirm that they received the package

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

Good job man

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?
Good job man; thanks for the post.

for oyii

hello every body. i wish to find out this
is OND equal to high school with Diploma.
although i have filled and submitted my form but each time i think about this it still gives me a kind of concern.
Again, i have my secondary school waec which i did not do well. then GCE which was not also presentable accept it has maths and other 2 subjects credit.
then the last waec i have up to 6 credit. now i make use of the GCE and the last waec for all my admission.
but during the filling of kcc forms i did not mention the gce cert cos i felt since i have the first secondary cert although not good and the last waec which i have up to six credits that no need bringing in the gce.
my quest here is does it really mater since am not looking for admission from embassy? or will they insist that i should present the GCE which contains the mathematics which fetched admission for me since i did computer science.
considering the fact that three sittings is not acceptable for any thing waec.
i hope u guys will understand me.
thanks all
SECOND NL NEXT YR
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
madam, when u go for ur interview, please take ur best 2 results of O'levels along with u
Fine u are not going to the embassy for admission, but u have to go by the rules and that is the requirement

thanks modest

My dear Modest i greet you for your reply to my quest. to begin with . please i no be woman as u addressed me as madam.lol am a guy.
please could throw light on the first question about if OND is what kcc ment by high school with DIPLOMA.?
cos that that is what i filled in the place of OND.
THANKS GUYS

My dear Modest i greet you for your reply to my quest. to begin with . please i no be woman as u addressed me as madam.lol am a guy.
please could throw light on the first question about if OND is what kcc ment by high school with DIPLOMA.?
cos that that is what i filled in the place of OND.
THANKS GUYS

oga sir,

the high school with diploma is quite ok cos high schl means secondary, and all that u claim to have will definetely be proved with documents on the interview day

advice

:confused: [modest,pls wat kind of document will i require from my sponspor as evidence of support??and ur number should be current now?abi?

sponsor

:confused: [modest,pls wat kind of document will i require from my sponspor as evidence of support??and ur number should be current now?abi?

For married people your sponsor must provide.
1. A Notarised filled out Form I-134
2. A verification letter from his/her employer.
3.Tax return for a year.I think in this case it will be for 2007.

But u have to wait to become current for ur sponsor to send these stuffs

You would have discussed with ur sponsor as a portion of the form requires u to put ur sponsors name and address

Hello Dears,
I bumped into this forum by chance and i must say i have gotten so much useful info.I received a notification letter in May which i filled and sent back the same may.I have been wondering how to go about the whole thing thanks to this forum.

Pls am a bit confused about the issue of sponsorship in the forms.I filled in a family friend in the States as the people i will stay with on arrival to US while a relation in the UK opted to be my sponsor.However,i have been hearing something like that my sponsor should be a legal resident in the States.Some body pls put me thru this so i can make alternative plans for sponsorship if necessary.In fact i will be glad if u can tell everything i need to know about sponsorship.Thanks.

sponsor/marriage

Hi every body,am so glad to belong to this forum.I came across it by accident and it has been so helpful.pls somebody i need to br cleared on some issue.

I received a notification letter which i filled and returned to KCC.I used a family based in the States as the people i will ctay with on arrival while a relative in the UK opted to sponsor me.However,i heard that it is not acceptable as my sponsor has to be a legal resident in America.Pls someone put me thru.

Also,i registered as a single lady but was married by the time i received my notification.I sent an email inquiry to KCC on the issue and they replied asking for the marriage certificate.However,friends and relatives have advised me against this as it may complicate issues for me.I accepted their suggestion continue processing my application as a single person.the problem though is i am afraid the email i sent previously may traced to my case and this might suggest an inconsistency in my details.I must add i did not quote either my name or case number in the mail but have sent another mail from the came emial in which i stated my case no and name. pls advice

praise the Lord

Hello, My brethren, I went for my interview today, 19th June 07.15 am

Am going to be a bit detailed because of our people in diaspora.

When I got the First notification, I was in Nigeria,
I filled the form, did a police certificate (which expired in Sept 2006).
I left Nigeria for Jamaica in August (Because I got an employment)
I mailed my package back to kcc in late Sept 2006 via regular post

I discovered that I didn't have a birth Certificate, I sent a message to Nigeria, they got me one from NPC (not attestation or certified copy) and posted it to me.

My sponsor said he wouldn't be able to sponsor me when I got my second package in may, 2007.

I got another sponsor, The embassy in Jamaica uses for I-864 as affidavit of support, and it has to be down loaded from the web.
I sent a mail to my new sponsor and ask him to download and attach all document.
On the 18th of June 2006, I recieved the affidavit of support via FEDEX from my sponsor. He sent two copies each filled by him and his wife, (no supporting documents, not a single one, the affidavit was full of tipex, and not notarized).
What can I do?

By 6.38am on 19th of June, I left my house with my wife and two kids
We got to the embassy at 6.58am (walked to the embassy, it is close to my house).
Got into the embassy by 7.20.
The security men were very polite, one of them (a female) asked my wife to taste the water in the baby's bottle.
After the gate, another security check, they politley annouced the important documents, that we should have, birth cert, form ds-230 and some stuff.

Got inside and sat down, a lady beconed to us from a window describing with her hand that we should meet her at window 9, she apologised that she could not pronouce our surname because it is long.

She she took her time to check all the documents and trust me she paid attention to details. i have gotten another passport here which i attached to the old one, and the number dey diff, she asked me where i got it, so she adjusted the passport number they have on the system.
She asked me if i know the address i will be staying in the states, I said no, but if she want me to write the add for the green card I could, and you wouldn't believe it, she wrote it her self, for the four of us( though she wrote 'same as next line') that was nice of her.
She went through every thing on the computer and up-dated some she needed to.
She then said i should go and pay, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, the bill was killing, She gave me a bill of $3,020=00 (for the four of us and I had to pay there and then, i didn't have that much, because i tot it was like the 355 and pay the rest later, so i had to pay with a card). At that point I talk say if dem collect this money and dem no give me visa, wahala go shele, fast i don calculate the thing for naira, I come conclude say Mama J must pay the one million if she still wan be my American in-law.

she now asked me to sit in section B after payment and listen for my name, after what looks like 20 minutes I was called and my wife and I did finger print, but not the little once(cos they are less than 15).
I went to section C after that, After about 30 minutes or less, a lady called my name and everybody laughed, We went to her and she welcomed us with a bougus laughter apologising for pronoucing the name in her own way, we all laughed.

The interview now.

Lady====== You guys are so lucky, let me just say congratulations.
Me and my wife .... . Thank you.
Lady==== ===(Taking the young boy Jamaican passport), lets start from the youngest. How old is he (answering her self) he just arrived, he is pretty young. Putting the passport aside.
Lady========== So sir, you need to sign something for me,she gave me the ds-230 as ask me to sign number 35 or so, said to my wife, mam u also need to sign this, so my wife handed the baby to me.
the lady said to my wife "the babies are too young to sign you know, so you will write their names in each form and write mother beside the name."
My wife........... I have done that, and she gave them back to the lady.
Lady===========I hope ur kids will forgive me for pronoucing their surname in my way
My wife................ When they get to the states, they will get used to it, and funny enough, they also may pronouce the name worse than you have done.
Lady=========== You are right mam............
Lady===== How did you get a social security number Sir
Me............ When I was in the States, with I M F that was in 2005
Lady=======So u were working in the states
Me..........It was a programme
Lady==== But they were paying u
Me.........Yes
Lady====So sir when did you apply for the lottery
Me.........Last year (dont mind me i forget say last year na 2006)
Lady=====O.K, when did you submit ur notification letter
Me........Last year
Lady=====O.K, when did you garduate
Me......... B.Sc............, M.Sc.........., P hd......................
Lady======Which University did u attend?
Me .......University of Immigrant Portal, Nigeria
Lady-=======You said ( and I repeated)
Lady=====So what do u do here
Me....... I lecture
Lady=====Where
Me...... University of this and that, Jamaica
Lady----=Which course?
Me..........Economics, Micro Economics to be specific
Lady=====Who is ur favourite ecnomomist
Me............Adam Smith.
Lady======He wrote a book on.......................
Me.................Yes that book ,made him popular
Lady====I studied economics at my undergraduate, and I used to argue with my Professor, that children were subsistence, that the richer the parents become, the less they care for the children, would u agree with me or u would have failed me?
Me....... I will not totally agree with u
Lady=====My professor too, didn't agree with me.
Lady=====You have a job here how long is it.
Me.........Three years
Lady======So what will happen, after getting ur visa, will you terminate the appointment.
Me...........No, When I get to the states and get my green card , I intend to come back to finish the contract and travel during holidays
Ladys.=====Yah u can travel during summer.
Me..............Yes
Lady......Facing my wife. Mam u also have two degress
My wife........Yes
Lady =====Wa ohhhhhhh, are u working?
My wife.............No
Lady=======You just have a baby, that is enough work
All of us,,,,,,Laughed.
Lady=====Checking through the forms do u have any police case or medical case
We.......................Nop.............( We attached another police certificate that we did at our base)
Lady========Who is ........
Me...My wife uncle and that is my sponsor
Lady,=======and ...mentioned another name
Me.......His wife (my sponsor's wife)
Lady ===O.K, (looking for something),,before we can complete this case, ur sponsor will have to send his tax return, for 2005 and 2006.
Me.....I asked him and he said he does not have it
Lady=====the tax return is usually on june 15 each year, so he should have it now. Then ur sponsor should earn $43,500 to be able to sponsor u all, but if this sponsor does not have that salary, then we will have to split u and ur wife, sponsor wise
My wife.....Mam, if u take a good look at the sponsorship form u will realise that the husband and wife filled diff forms and they have a total of $72,000 do u think we should still get another sponsor?
Lady======No mam, I didn't know they filled diff forms, in that case u should get me each copy of their tax returns, then that will be ok, becuse we have to make sure they will be able to finance u in the states.
My wife............So mam, can u pls repeat what we are suppose to bring
Lady............Only the tax returns for the two of them.
MY wife.............O.K, what about if we can not get that, what do we do,can we get a new sponsor?
Lady.........You can, he will fill a new form, and provide u with all the documents, and the old sponsor does not have to post the tax return, he could fax it or scan and e-mail it to you
My wife.....Ok, but does that mean we will come for another interview
Lady..........No mam, infact only one of u can come back with the blue paper am giving u and complete ur case.....mhhhhhhhhhhh let me check which day is available, mmmmmmmmmmm July 10, will that be ok or u want it further
My wife .....no we want is close
Lady===========oh am sorry, thats is the closest day available.
My wife ok, then

So she gave us the blue sheet and our passport, but not the original of our birth certificates and marriage cert, which were just the originals, we gave them.
We did not present our school certs and we did not present the originals or our university degrees.
And we left the embassy by 10.10 am
I hope I have tried to be explicit.

Every body in this forum have been prayerful. The Lord will anwer all our prayers
Past Adebayo, pls lay all the bible quotations to the house , they helped me alot, Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joyful,

There's nothing wrong in sending your marriage certificate stating you are married. Please stop listening to plp that don't understand how this works. they consulars are humans and they understand that your life has to move on. Please add your husband coz u will have problems later. First of all, he can only join you after 5yrs and then they might ask you why u didn't notice kcc that u were married since ur marriage certificate will show that u got married wey wey before your interview date.
Add your hubby now and send in your marriage certificate, all you have to proof at the embassy is that you are truly married not just coz of the lottery but really married by showing pics of when u were dating, your marriage pictures, text messages gotten from your mobile carrier if any though not so necessary and ur marriage certificate. I know plp that got married some months before their interview, they didn't even have enough time to inform kcc but they inform the embassy, they were called for interview and they got it.
If they say adding your hubby might complicate issues so what will they say for plp that are married but didn't have any children but in the course of the year, had a child and had to add the child, will u say coz adding ur child might complicate issues therefore u won't add the child????? think about it. Am pouring out my heart to u coz alot of plp have made same mistakes and they are regretting it now. The embassy is not as strict as we think if you are saying the truth. They only react when they think you are lieing. So please add you hubby and don't make same mistake coz of fear. This is an opportunity for the family, use it. 5yrs is a very long time for ur hubby to join u that's if he will be able to. So think about it and stop listening to plp. The only way they reject plp is if u are lieing.
That's my opinion. 2007 house pls make your own contributions.

and yes your sponsor will have to be either a US legal resident permanent or a citizen

Mama J is right

Hi every body,am so glad to belong to this forum.I came across it by accident and it has been so helpful.pls somebody i need to br cleared on some issue.

I received a notification letter which i filled and returned to KCC.I used a family based in the States as the people i will ctay with on arrival while a relative in the UK opted to sponsor me.However,i heard that it is not acceptable as my sponsor has to be a legal resident in America.Pls someone put me thru.

Also,i registered as a single lady but was married by the time i received my notification.I sent an email inquiry to KCC on the issue and they replied asking for the marriage certificate.However,friends and relatives have advised me against this as it may complicate issues for me.I accepted their suggestion continue processing my application as a single person.the problem though is i am afraid the email i sent previously may traced to my case and this might suggest an inconsistency in my details.I must add i did not quote either my name or case number in the mail but have sent another mail from the came emial in which i stated my case no and name. pls advice
Mama J is absolutely correct. The only thing to do now is to send fresh forms to KCC for you and your lovely husband, possibly with an explanation that you were initially incorrectly advised to apply as a single, since your inital DV lottery entry was as a single person. However, based on proper advice, you are now submitting documents with your husband as dependent.
It will be difficult to claim single during the interview. And any appearance of fraud or deception quickly annoys the embassy staff.
Besides, if you get the visa, there is a 5 year backlog of cases of spouses petitioning for green card for their spouse; so if you submitted the green card application today for your husband [assuming you are already in the US] it will take 5 years to get to your husband's file -unless they improve the system.