• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

You can say that Agian

2008 is here and very soon you be on your way to USA.:D

You can say that again Favour1, thanks for reminding of that.. But come, how were you able to locate the passage and bring it up here. your wonderful..
By the way i still have interview to attend. Let every one Keep praying for me. Cos is now that am feeling what has been going on.:D
Interview date has been confirmed to be 3RD week Of July.

my brothers and sisters i am set to go soon after i take my last doze of vaccination at korass,please at the POE what are the steps to take?sealed envelop and so on,what happens...

And for people who currently had successful interview U all know for sure that oluwa is too much and his with us all,for those who are still going for there interview make una no fear oluwa is in control.

BabA God U aRe ToO MuCh.....
oluwawithusall

Am planning to start medical 2nd week of June Is it Late???

Johnket and Modest No one sees you guys break light What happened?. Busy with works?

You can say that again Favour1, thanks for reminding of that.. But come, how were you able to locate the passage and bring it up here. your wonderful..
By the way i still have interview to attend. Let every one Keep praying for me. Cos is now that am feeling what has been going on.:D
Interview date has been confirmed to be 3RD week Of July.
I took your advise of reading through the thread for info. I know you are praying for people going for their interview so l will sure pray for you from the first day of 3rd week in July until you come back here with your good news:D

I think it is ok since it takes about 2/3 week

Johnket and Modest No one sees you guys break light What happened?. Busy with works?
Just felt I should chip this in for those yet to do their medicals:

These are the requirements from Kamorass clinic (with effect from July 17, 2006) contained in a slip of paper they give you at the reception:

1. International passport

(For married women, if you are still using the passport you got as a single and you have an 'observation' from Immigrations indicating a change of status/name, that passport will be rejected at the clinic. You therefore will need to get a new passport. Happened to a woman while I was there. The husband was allowed to start his medicals but wife wasn't unless she got a new passport indicating her marital name)

2. two passport photographs

3. medical forms (included in your 2nd letter ) Pls don't fill them as they will be collected from you at the clinic and u'll pay (N60 per person) for new ones which will be filled by the doctor.

4. Adults: N15,800 each (15yrs & above). Initial deposit of N10,000 each.

5. Children: N9,300 each (14yrs & below)

6. Children below 5yrs should come with vaccination records

Days: Monday - Friday (before 9a.m) We actually started ours on a Saturday but whichever day you go, be prepared to have a lot of patience because the clinic despite having done these things for several years is still not as organized as it should be. So a lot of time is wasted.

Ist day of Medicals
On the first day, you'll sign a form approving that an AIDS test should be carried out for you and your blood sample will be taken for AIDS & syphilis tests. You'll also do an X-ray same day. If you have children, the doctor will check their vaccination records (if you have any) and ask you to pay for some vaccinations for them to take same day. You may be asked to bring them back for 2nd doses at a later date which you will also pay for when they go for the 2nd dose(S).

After the X-ray & blood sample are taken, you'll be given an appointment for a 2nd examination. In our own case, that was three weeks after the first examination! So as soon as you get your 2nd letter, start on time.

2nd examination
3 weeks after, we were there. You also have to go with your receipts from the first day and international passport (including the children's) if you want to be able to collect your results that day.

You are weighed, sight tested (you're asked to read some alphabets on a wall). For those using glasses, you read with your glasses on.

The doctor asks you to remove your top and lie down on the couch to take your blood pressure, check your heart beat & your tummy. Ladies, take note here as you also have to take off your blouse! Was embarrassing but what could we do? At the x-ray room, you also take off your top but at least you do that in a changing cubicle and you put on an overall to take the x-ray.

Well, that's all. The doctor makes his notes and I believe usually tells you your results are fine if you have no issues. He also indicates on a slip of paper the necessary vaccinations to be taken which you are then asked to pay for. After payment, you're given the vaccinations and told to come back for a second dose if necessary and if you're still in Nigeria otherwise you’re told to take 2nd dose in America. You later collect your results (sealed) and warned not to open until you're asked to at the embassy. Pls remember to collect your children's results. We forgot to take along our children's passports so we had to go back following day.

That's all. I hope this helps someone. I copied it from this forum

I need advice on this

Please can someone help me with e-mail address of USA Embassy in Lagos, l also want to know if it is advisable to forward e-mail reply from kcc on a correction made on a mistake l made in DSP-122, or wait until l become current come 15th June 2008 for interview in August
Someone should advise please:)

Last edited by a moderator:
emaill addy

Yeah,

I think you can when i got my NL i sent them a mail saying i wanted to confirm if it was real and they replied and forwarded KCC email address to me.

So i think its okay!

toluwalase

Favour1 why creating more scene with the embassy since you have already settled the issue with kcc.? I will say you can only take the reply mail with u to the interview day in case there is any need for it.

Thanks

Yeah,

I think you can when i got my NL i sent them a mail saying i wanted to confirm if it was real and they replied and forwarded KCC email address to me.

So i think its okay!

toluwalase
Thanks for your advice

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful family

Favour1 why creating more scene with the embassy since you have already settled the issue with kcc.? I will say you can only take the reply mail with u to the interview day in case there is any need for it.
Thanks too, l think l should wait as you said.

2nd week of June is not late, but if you can start before then, it is much better. By so doing you will be sure of having your medical reports before your interview date.

Relax Favour1 !

Just relax,your information u sent to KCC is already with Lagos Embassy as long as u are curent,even every mails that u sent to KCC ,has been sent to KCC,if it does not include disparity in name,place of birth or date of birth you don't have any problem,ok.u don't even need to mention it again to the consular,they have all ur data.
Success wishes!

ThankS

Just relax,your information u sent to KCC is already with Lagos Embassy as long as u are curent,even every mails that u sent to KCC ,has been sent to KCC,if it does not include disparity in name,place of birth or date of birth you don't have any problem,ok.u don't even need to mention it again to the consular,they have all ur data.
Success wishes!
Thanks for your wishes, l am relaxed now:D

From all the interviews I have read hear, noone ever mentioned being asked for the affidavit of support documents? Were they just lucky?

I think the affidavit of support docs is for married pple...so if you're single you dont need it at all.

hello Nanii

ma bro/sis ur interview wll b in oct.which country r u from?
make sure all ur documents r ready.by sept u wil receive ur 2nd letter.
all the best.

Tanx for the good wishes.i am a Nigerian.my wife actually won it.do u have any idea about how the sponsorship thing work?is my sponsor supposed to mail his financial documents to the Embassy?

To ogulism.am from kenya.i have gone through the whole of DV 2008 from Nige.i have learnt lots of things.
can someone tell me .I got married in january.i sent the 1st NL back together with the forms for ma wife.up until now we have not change her surname.Does it matter in any way?we r planning on changing the names in Dec for all the docu as am outside the country.
pliz advice me.
Onyii all the best our prayers with u n all others going for the interviews.

2nd week of June is not late, but if you can start before then, it is much better. By so doing you will be sure of having your medical reports before your interview date.

Onyii,

BOSOM is right, if we can pls start your medicals on time. my family and I did our last week thursday, men, it was like a market place, lot of people there, go before 8.00am to take an early tally no, we got there by 8.15am our no was 42. Anyway, we were asked to come for the physical examination on the 26th of June (quite a long gap) but, i'm glad we'll receive the result before our interview coming up 2nd week of June.

Go with your int. passport. 2 passport photos, the letter (email confirmation from KCC) for your interview date.
You'd pay the 10k initial deposit in a bank (can't remember which, my hubby paid for us while i handled our 2 boys), but the lady at the counter will tell you. Also, she will give you a consent form to fill for your blodd cample to be taken for HIV test . After then, you'd wait to be called for X-ray and blood sample (for HIV etc,)

Married guys tell us if affidavit of support was asked of.

I think the affidavit of support docs is for married pple...so if you're single you dont need it at all.

I must extend my hand of congratulations to those people like BOSOM, trodat, rashbabee, oluwawithusall, kitmus ,etc, who succeeded at the visa interviews recently.
Many testimonials will continue to grass the pages of this forum by the grace of GOD.
As regards the affidavit of support, since they were married people among those succeeded at the interview so we will like to hear from them if the affidavit of support was asked for among the documents submitted by them during their interviews.
Or they were lucky that it was not demanded, since I know most of them already had the document.
Married winners like BOSOM, trodat, rashbabee, etc can help us out.