• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE!!!!!!
Before i start i want to say a Big Thank you to everyone on this forum, especially the person God gave the vision to start this, and everyone else who has always made time to answer questions, say prayers, encourage others, God will continue to increase you.

Ok, here goes... I had a very unusual experience!!!!
First of all, if you go back u'll see i had a small issue with my third name used, But praise God it never came up once.
My Appiontment was for 7am, got there for 6.30am, given no 15, went in made my payment, was called to submit, my birth cert, sec school cert, university cert and nysc cert, i did and was asked to move into the inner hall for my no to be called for interview.
After after about an hour of sitting( all dv candidates) they began to call pple's nos. The ladies in cubicles 7 and 10 seemed quite nice, cubicle 9 was tough...she was asking a lot of questions esp from sec school.
Anyway, after a while the lady in window 7 started calling for dv no 13, she called the no like 4/5 times, noone answered, pple were looking round and checking their nos again, no one appeared.she now said she wont call the no again, and she called someone else... about 8mins later, the lady in window 10 started calling this no 13 again, no one apppeared, she called it severally, then she too now said for the last time, i'm calling you, dv no 15!!!! i was shocked!!! do you know instead of 15, they had been calling my no as 13??? Anyway i ran up to the window and said i'm here, but you've been calling no 13, she said no, i said yes, you've been calling 13, then the other pple sitting there, echoed that you have been calling 13, and the lady went quiet.
She asked me to take my oath, fingerprints, i did.
For my interview she asked me when i left school i told her, she then asked if i've been in banking since then i said yes, she asked me what is a balance sheet i told her, she asked when is a bal sheet balanced, i told her...she excused herself, and a min later, she came back with my Blue congratulations form!!!!!
My pple, commit it all to God and he will be right there ok.
I'm still very overwhelmed by how my own interview went, but i return all the GLORY back to GOD.
All the best Everyone, and God Bless.
Congrat.... Happy for you:)

Before i start i want to say a Big Thank you to everyone on this forum, especially the person God gave the vision to start this, and everyone else who has always made time to answer questions, say prayers, encourage others, God will continue to increase you.

First of all, if you go back u'll see i had a small issue with my third name used, But praise God it never came up once.
My Appiontment was for 7am, got there for 6.30am, given no 15, went in made my payment, was called to submit, my birth cert, sec school cert, university cert and nysc cert, i did and was asked to move into the inner hall for my no to be called for interview.
After after about an hour of sitting( all dv candidates) they began to call pple's nos. The ladies in cubicles 7 and 10 seemed quite nice, cubicle 9 was tough...she was asking a lot of questions esp from sec school.
Anyway, after a while the lady in window 7 started calling for dv no 13, she called the no like 4/5 times, noone answered, pple were looking round and checking their nos again, no one appeared.she now said she wont call the no again, and she called someone else... about 8mins later, the lady in window 10 started calling this no 13 again, no one apppeared, she called it severally, then she too now said for the last time, i'm calling you, dv no 15!!!! i was shocked!!! do you know instead of 15, they had been calling my no as 13??? Anyway i ran up to the window and said i'm here, but you've been calling no 13, she said no, i said yes, you've been calling 13, then the other pple sitting there, echoed that you have been calling 13, and the lady went quiet.
For my interview she asked me when i left school i told her, she then asked if i've been in banking since then i said yes, she asked me what is a balance sheet i told her, she asked when is a bal sheet balanced, i told her...she excused herself, and a min later, she came back with my Blue congratulations form!!!!!
I'm still very overwhelmed by how my own interview went, but i return all the GLORY back to GOD.

Glory be to God who gave you the victory. Congratulations...

From all the interviews I have read hear, noone ever mentioned being asked for the affidavit of support documents? Were they just lucky?

congrats to all who had successful interviews of late.Our God is faithful and He is able.Glory to His Name.

To all who are already current and await their interviews,He (God) will see u thru.
I am confident that he that started this good work will accomplish it in each and everyone of us.Above all,He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above more than we can ever ask or imagine.In other words he will go beyond giving us successful interviews and grant us a beautiful,glorious and successful lives out there in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Kitmus on your Interview, the Lord who has done it for you will surely do it for us. Just keep praying for those of us who are yet to go for interview.

I have a question concerning the NPC birth certificate.

I just discoverd that my original birth certificate was issued at Ebute-Metta and it states that I was giving birth to at Ebute-Metta but I was giving birth to at Ojota and the form I filled and sent to KCC has Ojota written on it as my place of birth and my International passport too has Lagos written on it.

My question is, will there be any problem on my interview day bcos of this? and if yes can somebody tell me how much it costs to get the NPC birth certificate, the documents to carry along to NPC for the proccessing and how long it will take to get it?

My interview is 13 days from today. can somebody please help me out on this issue......!

Congrats to all who have had a successful interview and visa pickup ,may the God lord continue to grant everyone success in their interviews.

Congrats Kitmus on your Interview, the Lord who has done it for you will surely do it for us. Just keep praying for those of us who are yet to go for interview.

I just discoverd that my original birth certificate was issued at Ebute-Metta and it states that I was giving birth to at Ebute-Metta but I was giving birth to at Ojota and the form I filled and sent to KCC has Ojota written on it as my place of birth and my International passport too has Lagos written on it.

My question is, will there be any problem on my interview day bcos of this? and if yes can somebody tell me how much it costs to get the NPC birth certificate, the documents to carry along to NPC for the proccessing and how long it will take to get it?

My interview is 13 days from today. can somebody please help me out on this issue......!

If u have never appeared at the US embassy before now u have to get a new passport bearing Ojota as your place of birth and also u can get a new NPC birth certificate stating Ojota as your place of birth,the price varies from state to state i think from N3,000 you can one from the NPC offices nationwide.but one question i have for you is that in the original DV lottery form u filled online where did u write as your place of birth?if its Ojota then this option i recommended is well Ok. abi house mates am I correct here.

Make sure all POB information tallies

If u have never appeared at the US embassy before now u have to get a new passport bearing Ojota as your place of birth and also u can get a new NPC birth certificate stating Ojota as your place of birth,the price varies from state to state i think from N3,000 you can one from the NPC offices nationwide.but one question i have for you is that in the original DV lottery form u filled online where did u write as your place of birth?if its Ojota then this option i recommended is well Ok. abi house mates am I correct here.

I agree with getshorty said above.
If you have not been to the US embassy before then they don't your data in their database.
We've have heard of people being denied visa at interview because the place of birth does not match in their birth certificate, international passport and the the original online DV entry or forms sent to KCC.
It will be in your interest and to be on safe side to make sure that you get a a new NPC birth certificate stating Ojota as your place of birth and a new international passport stating your place of birth as Ojota before you go for the interview.
If you are in Lagos, you can get NPC certificate at NPC HQ at Surulere.
the following are required at NPC Lagos:
- Original and photocopy of Affidavit of Declaration of Age from High Court but they accepted mine done at Chief Magistrate court)
- Datapage of your international passport or Driver Licence (not sure if national Id is acceptable)
- Application for Attestation Letter (U can type it there for N100)
- 2 passport photograph

You will be asked to pay N2,200 and given 8 working days to come back for your documents.

hello great Nigerians!!!
my heart felt congrats to all those with a successful interview and God's mercies to us that awaits our days of glory,too.
I would like to tell everyone to keep their dreams alive no matter the odds.by his grace,many more good testimonies shall follows every member of this forum.

hi buchityno,just make sure that b4 u go to the embassy,ur place of birth tally with the one that u fill on the form u sent to kcc.u should have mailed the kcc since to notify them this before ur interview date.now,just do everything possible to corect that.i wish u the best.God is with us.

Hi guyz I need your help. I had my biometrics appiontment today. But for some reason the computer could NOT read my prints so they ended up doing it with ink. I found out that when the finger prints are done with ink it usually takes 1- 2 months for the FBI to do the back ground check as aopposed to 1 - 2days. since the DV has a deadlinde what do you think I SHOULD DO?:eek:

Please can someone help me with e-mail address of USA Embassy in Lagos, l also want to know if it is advisable to forward e-mail reply from kcc on a correction made on a mistake l made in DSP-122, or wait until l become current come 15th June 2008 for interview in August

Last edited by a moderator:
How Time Flies

islandgirl is like we are same 2008dv winners. i wonder if 2008 will finally come.. i cant wait. any way lets keep praying for our friends of 2007 who are still waiting for their turn to come up..
please house is it wise to ask kcc if the have gotten my form which i sent back to them on 8th, cos according to the currier service tracking number i was told that the package has been delivered.on 10th.
2008 is here and very soon you be on your way to USA.:D