• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

hello guys is well with u all in jesus name amen,i hope u guys have not forgotten me,well i hope so rite now i hv been going up and down to make sure all my document are intact so please forumisitic do pray for successfull interview for i and my wife and collection of all document,thank u all for the vital asistance may the god i worship bless u all and not to forget those of u that had successful cp i will say congratulation to u all.

Congratulation Pst Adebayo on your Interview Date that is now known. I pray the second battle (real interview) will be a walk over for you in Jesus name.

Since KCC has not sent the 2nd Letter to you, how did you get to know your interview date?

LIZZY

Congratulation Pst Adebayo on your Interview Date that is now known. I pray the second battle (real interview) will be a walk over for you in Jesus name.

Since KCC has not sent the 2nd Letter to you, how did you get to know your interview date?

LIZZY

Thank you so much Lizzy, it shall be a walk over for us all in Jesus Name Amen.
I called KCC and it was confirmed to me. Thanks

hi everyone

good morning my fellow Nigerians, congrats on the seemingly peace hand over. how are u? am still in Nigeria and enjoying every moments, thanks a lot for keeping the flag flying. i have been reading all the post and must admit that i have very little to add, i read ADEBAYO's post where he mistakenly called baba aladura baba agba and i realized that i have been missed. ADEBAYO i know that ur interview will be a mere formality in jesus name, ur prayers has been answered. u have been a strong force for this forum. thank you. i have a question though, a friend of mine also won dv 2007. and he is waiting for his number to be current and while waiting his wife gave birth so he wants to know how to go about it. informing KCC and so on, i have an idea but i would want everybody to contribute. thanks. have a nice day.

good morning my fellow Nigerians, congrats on the seemingly peace hand over. how are u? am still in Nigeria and enjoying every moments, thanks a lot for keeping the flag flying. i have been reading all the post and must admit that i have very little to add, i read ADEBAYO's post where he mistakenly called baba aladura baba agba and i realized that i have been missed. ADEBAYO i know that ur interview will be a mere formality in jesus name, ur prayers has been answered. u have been a strong force for this forum. thank you. i have a question though, a friend of mine also won dv 2007. and he is waiting for his number to be current and while waiting his wife gave birth so he wants to know how to go about it. informing KCC and so on, i have an idea but i would want everybody to contribute. thanks. have a nice day.

Thank you so much my brother, May God answer all our prayers Amen, infact from the day found this forum i know i am blessed and so be it to everyone else. Baba Aladura for Baba agba hmmmmmmmm! na so oooooo:D :D :D

We thank God for the new joy of Heaven that just came, may Daddy make the baby a complete joy, a complete testimony, a complete honour to the family in Jesus Name. Tell the parent WE in the house are coming to eat rice o:D
On a serious note, there is no problem at all, its a good thing even the oyinbos can acknowledge that, let the father get a copy of the birth certificate and send to KCC immediately or better still scan it and send to them so as to include the baby as a new addition to the family. God bless us all
So baba agba igba wo le fe filu le oooo?
(When are you leaving)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ur will need to write kcc informing them of the birth of the child and also include a scanned copy of the childs birth registration certificate.He may be required to fill the DS-230 form for the child.
He should also try as much as possible to document his correspondence with the KCC just in case he might need it on the day of his interview as a proof that the kcc was notified of the birth.
Best of luck.

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,
I have a small issue i want trashed out for me by house members oooo.
I learnt last week that the petitioner requested for in the DS-230 form is supposed to be the name of the Principal Applicant(which is my wife in our own case) but i filled out my own name as the petitioner in my own form and the name of the children in theirs.I hope this wouldnt pose a problem.
We have written the Kcc though to clarify the issue.
Pls you opinion are highly welcomed.
Thank you.

Hello Everyone,
I have a small issue i want trashed out for me by house members oooo.
I learnt last week that the petitioner requested for in the DS-230 form is supposed to be the name of the Principal Applicant(which is my wife in our own case) but i filled out my own name as the petitioner in my own form and the name of the children in theirs.I hope this wouldnt pose a problem.
We have written the Kcc though to clarify the issue.
Pls you opinion are highly welcomed.
Thank you.

I don't think it should be.

I don't think it should be.

Thank u for your response Adebayo.
Wishing u Gods Favour in ur coming interview.
Since u have not recieved ur second package, how are u going about your Medicals?
Pls ur response is highly required so that we know how to go about it if we happen to fall in the same situation.

Thank u.

Thank u for your response Adebayo.
Wishing u Gods Favour in ur coming interview.
Since u have not recieved ur second package, how are u going about your Medicals?
Pls ur response is highly required so that we know how to go about it if we happen to fall in the same situation.

Thank u.

My brother that's it o, i will wait till then ni o

My brother that's it o, i will wait till then ni o

Pastor, i think u will need to visit the embassy to obtain a form of clearance so that u can proceed with ur medicals b4 ur second package arrives.I think someone in the form said something about that when his interview date was confirmed so as to avoid delay.
Wishing u all the best.

Dear House members,
I came across a news this afternoon that really hits me.I read on the New york times that immigrant visa fees are going up by 66% effective from july.
I hope this doesnt affect us negatively.
You can read the news from this link http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/washington/30fees.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Yes this from washingtonpost

WASHINGTON IN BRIEF
Wednesday, May 30, 2007; Page A04

Fees for Citizenship, Residency to Increase

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beginning July 30, immigrants applying for green cards will pay more than three times as much as they do now, under a plan unveiled by the Bush administration.

Applications for citizenship and temporary work permits will cost almost twice as much as they do now.

The prices include slight changes from the fee plan announced Jan. 31 by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Emilio Gonzalez.

· The application fee for citizenship will rise from $330 to $675.

· The fee to apply for legal permanent residency will rise from $325 to $1,010 for most applicants. Those ages 79 and older or 14 and younger would pay less.

· The cost of work permits will rise from $180 to $340.

Most of the fees include the cost of fingerprints, which previously added a $70 charge.

The agency will continue to waive fees for military members applying for naturalization.

The complete fee structure can be seen at http://www.uscis.gov.

The new fees takes effect july 30,2007. So, if u have a schedule interview on or after july 30th, u will be paying the new fees which is damn too expensive

How does this affect DV cases? Is the increase across board or specifically to some areas? I will appreciate if those who have a clearer understanding on what it will now cost those of us whose dates have not been scheduled to guide us. God bless you all.
No matter what, we shall arrive safely without any fatality.

Regards!

One gets the impression they are purposely trying to discourage people from applying. Not everyone will be able to afford this, especially those with large families :eek:

I can see some folks just giving up in despair because they simply cannot afford to pay that much money. If this is real it sucks.

The new fees takes effect july 30,2007. So, if u have a schedule interview on or after july 30th, u will be paying the new fees which is damn too expensive

I just looked at the fee schedule and the $1,010 falls under Adjusting Status. It seems to apply to persons between the ages of 14 and 78.

Am I reading it right?