• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Yosab's Interview

CONGRATULATION,BUT THE HOUSE WILL APPRECIATE IF U CAN POST UR EXPERIENCE ON THE INTERVIEW DAY
Hi Adey,
Yosab previously posted his interview.
Also a DV Winner Original post by Yosab
Hi Everyone,

I came across this forum the week before our interview (April 25th). I must confess I was glad I had 2 read through the threads from page 1 to the last. I even printed pages for my wife to read; actually my wife was the principal applicant. Though i do track when our case becomes current on the net, i never came accross this forum until that week. an am a 24/7 person on the net in the office.

Wonderful contributions or should I say lectures from, Jrcies, mamaj, pastor, wld, Modest and others.

Above all am glad to inform the house that our interview was successful, we were given the pick up slip to pick the visa(s) by end of May.

We will be relocating 2 Atlanta immediately we receive our visa(s) but not until I write my CISA exams in June.

Though as already said in the forum, the interview could be individual specific, but it generally flows in similar patterns. Here is our visa interview experience;

We got 2 the embassy as early as 6.00am; we were checked- in with the letter and a full face passport photo with 2 ears visible (never mind the right ear only as stated somewhere in the instructions and by the touts in front of the embassy)

We were given DV9 paper tag, paid the $375 for my wife, after sitting downstairs for a while we were called for oath and fingerprint, after fingerprint we were directed upstairs.

After sitting for about 3 hrs upstairs around past noon (12.00). We were called to window nine. Before we were called, in our presence 3 applicants were denied! For flimsy reasons the first was on disparity on dob, another was on academic grounds (he could not explain something asked in mathematics and he had A1 in that subject, the last person was an IV applicant not DV, he was refused due to disparity on his documents filed. I was terrified!!!.
So for our interview, the white lady asked our :
Names, dob, when we got married, and if we had kids; which I said not yet
She requested to see our wedding picture, we showed her the pictures, she asked where are my parents and my wife parents, she looked at the registry picture and said my wife parents were not there and she said yes and explained the reason and she saw the elaborated traditional wedding pictures (infact we went with the whole albums).
After that she asked me to go sit down that she need to speak to my wife alone,

I sat across looking at them, she then asked academic questions like;
- You didn’t do Account as a subject in waec and you did Accounting OND and HND why?
My wife explained that account subject is not really a perquisite for studying accounting as far has she had credit in Econs, commerce, govt and Eng & Maths

- You as an accountant, can you explain how you apply knowledge of mathematics, economics to your daily job as Accountant?

Men!!! At that point I was scared, but my wife delivered to my admiration, she said the mathematical knowledge is useful in daily duties of budgeting, payroll and administrative duties and she defined economic for her and also said, economic knowledge is use to overcome the challenges of the meeting unlimited wants of the organisation which has limited resources, she said she therefore has to prioritise needs in their level of priority and importance bla! bla!! bla!.

The Consular officer just laughed and issues her a pick up letter and said Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See u all in America,

Regards to Modest, Mamaj, Pastor, Thonia, Temi, Wld, Trcies and Mauriceeeta.

You all are wonderful people!!!!!!!!!!.

Case no AF20070097XX
Second letter Received 13th March07
Interview date 25/04/07 (Successful)
Pick up letter collected: 25/04/07
Waiting to pick up the Visa(s)

Congratulations

Happy to inform the house that i have just received my Visa(s) for me and my wife.

Regards to every member of the house, I certainly must confess that its been very educative and assisted in preparing some of us for the challenges of DV processing.

Hi, Mamad, Adebayo, Modest, Wld, Temi, Jrces and others.

See you guys in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I will definately continue to be on this forum to keep track of u guys.

Best of Luck!!!. My LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

2007AF9XXX
Intv 25/04/07 successful
pickup collected 25/04/07
Visa collected 25/05/07
Congratulations to you and your wife.
Somebody should have warned the Embassy not to mess with your wife during the interview; she knew her stuff and proved to be too much to handle for the Interview officer. The interview officer had no choice but to surrender.

It is well

hello guys..had my intyerview yesterday..this is hw evry thing went.............
got there around 6.30am..joined the line,got inside around 7.30am..was given a card wit a number on it...made payments immediately($375)"very rude casheir"..waited till my no was called around 8.15am...a black guy collected all my documents which i arranged propely...sat down till 9.20am before i was called again by a white guy..he greeted me in french..told him i didn't understand(i could see my birth cert right infront of him)..he replied, how come?but you were born in france right?(he gave me an I GO CATCH U smile)..i said yes but i don't speak or understand the language...he made me swear an oat and took my finger print..signed the form i sent back..and sat down again...sat down for a very long tym..was watchin the officers refusing lot of people..but i kept prayin in my heart..i waited till 5pm before my no was called again at window 6 (jesus christ).got to d window and every thin stated dis way:

CEST'MOI:hello good aftrnoon
OFFICER:good afternoon, can u pls tell me where u where born??
CEST'MOI:i told her the place in france
OFFICER:u stayed in france right?
CEST'MOI:yes
OFFICER:4 how long did u stay in france and when did u return(by this tym she got a little piece of papper and was scribblin sum tins on it)
CEST'MOI:i came back to nigeria as an infant(she latter cancelled what she was jottin down when i gave her my answer)
OFFICER:do you have a french passport?
CEST'MOI:no
OFFICER:why?
CEST'MOI:i tried applyin for one 1998 and i was told dat things hav change dat i hav to be in france before i can apply for one.
OFFICER:why didn't you travel to apply for one?
CEST'MOI:i didn't have enuff recources to do dat then
OFFICER:do you know travelling to the US is expensive too
CEST'MOI:yes i know, this is now..
OFFICER:so what do u do now??
CEST'MOI:i'm a student.
OFFICER:what school?
CEST'MOI:i told her d school
OFFICER:what are u studyin?
CEST'MOI:computer programming.
OFFICER:really?tell me about it?
CEST'MOI: (i smiled)and i started from A-Z
OFFICER: ok...0k(laughing)its ok,so what year and month did you have your ssce and gce?
CEST'MOI:told her the year.
OFFICER:how come you had a pass(p7) in mathematics in your ssce and 6months later you had an A(A3) in it in you Gce, how did you do it in just six month?
CEST'MOI:actually when i was preparin for my ssce i wasn't prepared and i know my mathematics result would not be ok even before the results came out...so i had to read hard..less play and more focus on my mathematic for the Gce.
OFFICER:wow, so you read that hard to get an A..u must know mathematics well..tell me about it?
CEST'MOI:i luv the Almighty formula.."she interupted
OFFICER: (she looked at me wit suprise, asin what d almighty formula is)the almighty formula??tell me about it?
CEST'MOI:-b+/-......../2a..
OFFICER: oh you mean the quadratic equation(laghing seriously)
CEST'MOI:yeah, but we call it the almighty formula because of the +/,square etc..combination of alot.
OFFICER: ok tell me more about mathematics
CEST'MOI:told her abour linear equation....x..y..
OFFICER: ok...so this were things that came out in your exams and you were able to tackle them right?
CEST'MOI:yes, cos i was very prepared for it.
OFFICER: ok, how come you don't have the original waec cert??
CEST'MOI:i tried getting the original from waec..and they told me exams are in process that i cannot collect or do any form of verification until june 12..and i was given a note to the embassy.
OFFICER: ok, we know about that..we would need to do a verification on your result from waec..so take this letter and we would contact you as soon as we do our verification from them.ok? so we would hold on to all your original documents.ok?
CEST'MOI: ok.(was given a letter that would allow me into the embassy any 7am that they contact me).
OFFICER:so have a nice day
CEST'MOI:and you too

thats the way it went..i thank God Almighty...and i know he will finish the work he has started(in jesus name)..guys pls just be very truthful in answering questions..and pls donot attach any false document...this guys are good..they are professionals..
they read the eye movement and they can tell when you are lying...they are very good.do u guys know about d eye thing? if u are talkin and ur eye moves to the upper left conner dat means u are tryin to construct a scene from your brain...but if it moves towards the upper right conner that means u are tryin to remember something..(now try remember what you wore to church 2weeks ago..and see where u eye will be possitioned....again try imagine urself wit a pink trouser, green shirt and a brown tie..try see where your eye will be possitioned to construct this scenerio...so they know when you are tryin to remember and when you are tryin to construct a lie...pls speak the truth and you'll see the conversation will flow vey well witout a coma..alot of people came in yesterday to lie..but you wouldn't just know how they get to know the questions that will make u gulk..and pls try find out b4 your interview if you are eligible...a girl tot she was wit her 2years xperience in sales(she was into sales of clothe)...we are highly favoured in jesus name..it is well wit us all i jesus name.
Thanks for the detailed info.
I am sure everything is fine.
Just keep in constant touch with WAEC and the Embassy to make sure the verification is completed - then come back to us with the good news:D

Hard currency

hi guys,
it has been long i got the opportunity to come online to contribute my own, well i want to say that live in America has been so good , but i understand that you must start somewhere to get to the top. i am now working and really hoping for the best,but be sure that in america you must be ready to work hard to acheive you dreams and aspirations. i now understand why dollar is refered to hard currency. Just be sure to work and earn whatever u intend to make in the states. I currently have just one job which i do in the night still looking for a day job. i pray for you all that are yet to attend interview that u all will be successful in Jesus name Amen.
Keep up the hardwork and there will be a reward.
Please take time to get US training/qualification/college degree because down the road this helps your job prospects- we don't all want to stay with minimum wage jobs.
I could not help but to laugh when I saw your definition of "hard currency"- I did not know it until today.:D

Fellow Nigerians

I have to do a follow-up to the comments made by Stann in his last post since it has been on my mind for some days. Are the people in this forum really Nigerians?
All I see is a genuine willingness to help a fellow man. No bickering and quarrelling. The members research to find correct answers to questions posed by anxious members. If somebody is discouraged, the others boost his morale and we all seem to rejoice when somebody gets his visa - no jealousy.
And for the most part, we are all total strangers to one another and helping one another free of charge without expecting "settlement".
By the way, no tribalism nor ethnicity. The other day, Adebayo was calling out for Obinna; since we have not heard from him for several months.
If not for the fact that everybody is scrambling out of the country, maybe we could form the nucleus of a revolutionary movement that can show the world what Nigeria will be like if we are all selfless, united and we watch one anothers' backs instead of stabbing our selves in the back.
Then maybe, --- we are not really Nigerians.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria and God bless us all.!!!

Red flag

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commy
Thanks mamaJ, you are a genius, you really are a Mama. You really took out time to give me a comprehensive response, really kind of u, am indeed very grateful. Please I will need anymore advice from you and from everyone of you on this forum. With this news of cancellation of DV programme, I do not want to jeopardize this opportunity and I believe with God on my side, shall scale thru.

Maybe I should just ask this on behalf of my friend. I have a friend who also won the DV. When entering, she entered for she and her husband alone, but now she is thinking of including a child the husband had out of wedlock to the list. She is the principal applicant and she fills that her husband and his child can have a derivative status. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Thanks to all.

I read in one of the posts sometime ago that one guy put the name of a child on his form which was not listed on his original dv lottery entry and the case was instantly diqualified; KCC did not even call him for interview. I can't find that post right now but I will re-post it when I find it.
We need more input on this, family members.

Hello Baba Aladura, Long time, i thought i have commented on this, i will strongly advice this fellow never to try it because its an automatic cancellation, there is no way she can convinced them at the embassy about the baby outside the weedlock.

congratz

congratz to yosab and cestmoi, all is well

pls house, we should be very careful about this mistake issues, especially when they have to do with date of birth, i am not particularly comfortable with the thread, dob is a very important thing with the americans, God help us

I have to do a follow-up to the comments made by Stann in his last post since it has been on my mind for some days. Are the people in this forum really Nigerians?
All I see is a genuine willingness to help a fellow man. No bickering and quarrelling. The members research to find correct answers to questions posed by anxious members. If somebody is discouraged, the others boost his morale and we all seem to rejoice when somebody gets his visa - no jealousy.
And for the most part, we are all total strangers to one another and helping one another free of charge without expecting "settlement".
By the way, no tribalism nor ethnicity. The other day, Adebayo was calling out for Obinna; since we have not heard from him for several months.
If not for the fact that everybody is scrambling out of the country, maybe we could form the nucleus of a revolutionary movement that can show the world what Nigeria will be like if we are all selfless, united and we watch one anothers' backs instead of stabbing our selves in the back.
Then maybe, --- we are not really Nigerians.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria and God bless us all.!!!

Baba Agba we are truly and proudly Nigerians, only that WE are the NEW NIGERIA. God bless Nigeria.

Hello Friend

congratz to yosab and cestmoi, all is well

pls house, we should be very careful about this mistake issues, especially when they have to do with date of birth, i am not particularly comfortable with the thread, dob is a very important thing with the americans, God help us

My brother how now? long time hope the going is good. God bless us.

Prayer for the Day

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for teaching me Your Word. Help me to always obey it as I know that You bless all who adhere to Your commandments. Forgive me when I fail You, and give me the grace to forgive those who have offended and sinned against me. Lord, help me guard my mouth, and not to repeat things that are not edifying to others. Help me to be a peacemaker. Lord, may I never be guilty of taking a bribe. Lord, may all the gifts I give to others be totally given in love, with no strings attached to them. I do not want to be guilty of expecting someone to return a favor to me because I gave to them. Help us all to live as godly examples before our friends and family. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Interview date for Adebayo

Hi Adebayo, I notice you have an interview date for July 2007, Congrats for that. I pray we all become current before September in Jesus name.

Thanks.

Okey.

CASE NO AF20xxx.

Hi Adebayo, I notice you have an interview date for July 2007, Congrats for that. I pray we all become current before September in Jesus name.

Thanks.

Okey.

CASE NO AF20xxx.

Amen ooooooooooooooo My brother, i have confirmed it to be July:D . Thanks man. God bless us all.

Posted by Sabala on May 3, 2007

Thanks mamaJ, you are a genius, you really are a Mama. You really took out time to give me a comprehensive response, really kind of u, am indeed very grateful. Please I will need anymore advice from you and from everyone of you on this forum. With this news of cancellation of DV programme, I do not want to jeopardize this opportunity and I believe with God on my side, shall scale thru.

Maybe I should just ask this on behalf of my friend. I have a friend who also won the DV. When entering, she entered for she and her husband alone, but now she is thinking of including a child the husband had out of wedlock to the list. She is the principal applicant and she fills that her husband and his child can have a derivative status. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Thanks to all.
This is the post I was talking about.
Mr Arshad(DV 2007 Bangladeshi Winner) want to know why he rejected for interview?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

Mr arshad is a Bangladeshi Dv-2007 winner.His interview scheduled at 25th April along with 3 family member.At the time of pre visa interview he infomed
consuler officer that he did not mantion 2 childern name when he join 2007
lottary.After receiving first notification latter he mention his 2 childern name &
send it to KCC.KCC also send him 2ND notification & informed him his visa interview will be scheduled 25th april & he must present with all of his family member.

But the visa consular infomed him he did not need to face the visa interview because he did not mention his childern's name at the time of lottary so he did not get the Visa.

Arshad Ali's QUestions is, if it not possible why KCC send him the Second Notification letter?

Can any one give the best answer for Arshad Ali?

He is very Much upset.

Relax

Thanks.

Okey.

CASE NO AF20xxx.
Relax and prepare Adebayo and all will be well on the interview date.
I remember something about "not casting away our confidence since it has recompence of great reward" [i.e. it is compensated by a great reward].
By the way, you had mentioned about getting married, what is the latest?

Congratsssssssssssssss Yosab, this is good man and i tap into this goodnews!!!!
Congrats in adavance to you Cestmoi, it's wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and i know u have gotten your visa already.

Hi Houx

Good day houx,
Just to say hi and to see how u're fearing?
Congrat! to all those who are recently current and to those who just had a sucessful interview, Cest'moi, Yosab and co. . Hope to see ya soon in the State, ok.
Best regards

Hello fellow forumites
hope u all had a great weekend.guys i asked a question some days back but got no answer.the question was : is the verification for GCE different from that of SSCE? I ask cos i live in abuja and info is not as free flowing as it is in lagos and again no one has mentioned getting an affidevit from the court before going for the verification in yaba not to mention that at some point one wud need a lawyer to affirm his or her results .
please comment on these.thanx

STANN
STILL WAITING FOR THE GREAT LEAP
23***

my brother

My brother how now? long time hope the going is good. God bless us.

i dey ohhhhhhhhhh,
i have not been very stable, moving here and there come home very late and tired.
but still try to contribute a little

how ur end now, congratz in advance

Relax and prepare Adebayo and all will be well on the interview date.
I remember something about "not casting away our confidence since it has recompence of great reward" [i.e. it is compensated by a great reward].
By the way, you had mentioned about getting married, what is the latest?

Thanks my brother, all is well. The Marriage? We shall celebrate it in AME.