• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Hello Baba Agba, i have always read your post and i think you can be of help to me too. I am a 2008 DV winner and in filling my forms, i mistakenly sighed the item 35 of my DS-230 part II form, which states that i must not sign until instructed to do so, but in my been carefully of signing the other forms i signed it and i have send it back to Kentucky, i just discovered this mistake, hoipe it will not affect my application.... And my case number is 2008AF15... when am i likely to be called for my interview/

Thanks

You have succeded in giving these guys a chance of calling you Nigerian, we still lack READING attitude or should i say reading culture, you should have read the instructions carefully before filling anything on the forms, honestly i don't know watz up here, there is a place in one of the forms that says failure to sign the form leads to automatic disqualification, i don't know if it is the same as this because they said you should not sign until you are told to do so at the time of interview, i hope not. Write them and tell them about it so that they can make necessary corrections on time. I wish you good luck.

Hi shelnkid,
Thank you for this article, i read through and i tell you its quite fascinating, just as it is even in Nigeria, everybody has one story or the other to tell, i pray that God in his infinite mercies will grant us all the empowerment to tell a good story in all our endeavours, know that life it self is a risk.
Throughout the article i found the caption where the writer said

''All of our stories about our American experience are interesting stories for they are stories of strength. They are stories of progress and examples of what can be accomplished when individuals rise and have faith in themselves and their abilities'' so good and encouraging.
God will bless Nigeria too to the level that people all over the world will come here to settle for real. Amen

Thanks alot Pastor.When i came across the article, i felt i owe it to all members of the house to make it available in our forum.

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to inform the house that i have just received my Visa(s) for me and my wife.

Regards to every member of the house, I certainly must confess that its been very educative and assisted in preparing some of us for the challenges of DV processing.

Hi, Mamad, Adebayo, Modest, Wld, Temi, Jrces and others.

See you guys in America!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I will definately continue to be on this forum to keep track of u guys.

Best of Luck!!!. My LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

2007AF9XXX
Intv 25/04/07 successful
pickup collected 25/04/07
Visa collected 25/05/07

Happy to inform the house that i have just received my Visa(s) for me and my wife.

Regards to every member of the house, I certainly must confess that its been very educative and assisted in preparing some of us for the challenges of DV processing.

2007AF9XXX
Intv 25/04/07 successful
Visa collected 25/05/07

HELLO YOSAB,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! U ARE WELCOME TO AMERICA!!! IT IS WELL.

the out come of my interview

hello guys..had my intyerview yesterday..this is hw evry thing went.............
got there around 6.30am..joined the line,got inside around 7.30am..was given a card wit a number on it...made payments immediately($375)"very rude casheir"..waited till my no was called around 8.15am...a black guy collected all my documents which i arranged propely...sat down till 9.20am before i was called again by a white guy..he greeted me in french..told him i didn't understand(i could see my birth cert right infront of him)..he replied, how come?but you were born in france right?(he gave me an I GO CATCH U smile)..i said yes but i don't speak or understand the language...he made me swear an oat and took my finger print..signed the form i sent back..and sat down again...sat down for a very long tym..was watchin the officers refusing lot of people..but i kept prayin in my heart..i waited till 5pm before my no was called again at window 6 (jesus christ).got to d window and every thin stated dis way:

CEST'MOI:hello good aftrnoon
OFFICER:good afternoon, can u pls tell me where u where born??
CEST'MOI:i told her the place in france
OFFICER:u stayed in france right?
CEST'MOI:yes
OFFICER:4 how long did u stay in france and when did u return(by this tym she got a little piece of papper and was scribblin sum tins on it)
CEST'MOI:i came back to nigeria as an infant(she latter cancelled what she was jottin down when i gave her my answer)
OFFICER:do you have a french passport?
CEST'MOI:no
OFFICER:why?
CEST'MOI:i tried applyin for one 1998 and i was told dat things hav change dat i hav to be in france before i can apply for one.
OFFICER:why didn't you travel to apply for one?
CEST'MOI:i didn't have enuff recources to do dat then
OFFICER:do you know travelling to the US is expensive too
CEST'MOI:yes i know, this is now..
OFFICER:so what do u do now??
CEST'MOI:i'm a student.
OFFICER:what school?
CEST'MOI:i told her d school
OFFICER:what are u studyin?
CEST'MOI:computer programming.
OFFICER:really?tell me about it?
CEST'MOI: (i smiled)and i started from A-Z
OFFICER: ok...0k(laughing)its ok,so what year and month did you have your ssce and gce?
CEST'MOI:told her the year.
OFFICER:how come you had a pass(p7) in mathematics in your ssce and 6months later you had an A(A3) in it in you Gce, how did you do it in just six month?
CEST'MOI:actually when i was preparin for my ssce i wasn't prepared and i know my mathematics result would not be ok even before the results came out...so i had to read hard..less play and more focus on my mathematic for the Gce.
OFFICER:wow, so you read that hard to get an A..u must know mathematics well..tell me about it?
CEST'MOI:i luv the Almighty formula.."she interupted
OFFICER: (she looked at me wit suprise, asin what d almighty formula is)the almighty formula??tell me about it?
CEST'MOI:-b+/-......../2a..
OFFICER: oh you mean the quadratic equation(laghing seriously)
CEST'MOI:yeah, but we call it the almighty formula because of the +/,square etc..combination of alot.
OFFICER: ok tell me more about mathematics
CEST'MOI:told her abour linear equation....x..y..
OFFICER: ok...so this were things that came out in your exams and you were able to tackle them right?
CEST'MOI:yes, cos i was very prepared for it.
OFFICER: ok, how come you don't have the original waec cert??
CEST'MOI:i tried getting the original from waec..and they told me exams are in process that i cannot collect or do any form of verification until june 12..and i was given a note to the embassy.
OFFICER: ok, we know about that..we would need to do a verification on your result from waec..so take this letter and we would contact you as soon as we do our verification from them.ok? so we would hold on to all your original documents.ok?
CEST'MOI: ok.(was given a letter that would allow me into the embassy any 7am that they contact me).
OFFICER:so have a nice day
CEST'MOI:and you too

thats the way it went..i thank God Almighty...and i know he will finish the work he has started(in jesus name)..guys pls just be very truthful in answering questions..and pls donot attach any false document...this guys are good..they are professionals..
they read the eye movement and they can tell when you are lying...they are very good.do u guys know about d eye thing? if u are talkin and ur eye moves to the upper left conner dat means u are tryin to construct a scene from your brain...but if it moves towards the upper right conner that means u are tryin to remember something..(now try remember what you wore to church 2weeks ago..and see where u eye will be possitioned....again try imagine urself wit a pink trouser, green shirt and a brown tie..try see where your eye will be possitioned to construct this scenerio...so they know when you are tryin to remember and when you are tryin to construct a lie...pls speak the truth and you'll see the conversation will flow vey well witout a coma..alot of people came in yesterday to lie..but you wouldn't just know how they get to know the questions that will make u gulk..and pls try find out b4 your interview if you are eligible...a girl tot she was wit her 2years xperience in sales(she was into sales of clothe)...we are highly favoured in jesus name..it is well wit us all i jesus name.

Last edited by a moderator:

2007AF9XXX
Intv 25/04/07 successful
Visa collected 25/05/07

Yosabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb, Thank you daddy for taking another glory to your mighty name, yosab am happy for you and your family, like you have rightly said SEE YOU IN AMERICA:D :D :D !!!!!!!!!
congrats man.

hello guys..had my intyerview yesterday..this is hw evry thing went.............
got there around 6.30am..joined the line,got inside around 7.30am..was given a card wit a number on it...made payments immediately($375)"very rude casheir"..waited till my no was called around 8.15am...a black guy collected all my documents which i arranged propely...sat down till 9.20am before i was called again by a white guy..he greeted me in french..told him i didn't understand(i could see my birth cert right infront of him)..he replied, how come?but you were born in france right?(he gave me an I GO CATCH U smile)..i said yes but i don't speak or understand the language...he made me swear an oat and took my finger print..signed the form i sent back..and sat down again...sat down for a very long tym..was watchin the officers refusing lot of people..but i kept prayin in my heart..i waited till 5pm before my no was called again at window 6 (jesus christ).got to d window and every thin stated dis way:

CEST'MOI:hello good aftrnoon
OFFICER:good afternoon, can u pls tell me where u where born??
CEST'MOI:i told her the place in france
OFFICER:u stayed in france right?
CEST'MOI:yes
OFFICER:4 how long did u stay in france and when did u return(by this tym she got a little piece of papper and was scribblin sum tins on it)
CEST'MOI:i came back to nigeria as an infant(she latter cancelled what she was jottin down when i gave her my answer)
OFFICER:do you have a french passport?
CEST'MOI:no
OFFICER:why?
CEST'MOI:i tried applyin for one 1998 and i was told dat things hav change dat i hav to be in france before i can apply for one.
OFFICER:why didn't you travel to apply for one?
CEST'MOI:i didn't have enuff recources to do dat then
OFFICER:do you know travelling to the US is expensive too
CEST'MOI:yes i know, this is now..
OFFICER:so what do u do now??
CEST'MOI:i'm a student.
OFFICER:what school?
CEST'MOI:i told her d school
OFFICER:what are u studyin?
CEST'MOI:computer programming.
OFFICER:really?tell me about it?
CEST'MOI: (i smiled)and i started from A-Z
OFFICER: ok...0k(laughing)its ok,so what year and month did you have your ssce and gce?
CEST'MOI:told her the year.
OFFICER:how come you had a pass(p7) in mathematics in your ssce and 6months later you had an A(A3) in it in you Gce, how did you do it in just six month?
CEST'MOI:actually when i was preparin for my ssce i wasn't prepared and i know my mathematics result would not be ok even before the results came out...so i had to read hard..less play and more focus on my mathematic for the Gce.
OFFICER:wow, so you read that hard to get an A..u must know mathematics well..tell me about it?
CEST'MOI:i luv the Almighty formula.."she interupted
OFFICER: (she looked at me wit suprise, asin what d almighty formula is)the almighty formula??tell me about it?
CEST'MOI:-b+/-......../2a..
OFFICER: oh you mean the quadratic equation(laghing seriously)
CEST'MOI:yeah, but we call it the almighty formula because of the +/,square etc..combination of alot.
OFFICER: ok tell me more about mathematics
CEST'MOI:told her abour linear equation....x..y..
OFFICER: ok...so this were things that came out in your exams and you were able to tackle them right?
CEST'MOI:yes, cos i was very prepared for it.
OFFICER: ok, how come you don't have the original waec cert??
CEST'MOI:i tried getting the original from waec..and they told me exams are in process that i cannot collect or do any form of verification until june 12..and i was given a note to the embassy.
OFFICER: ok, we know about that..we would need to do a verification on your result from waec..so take this letter and we would contact you as soon as we do our verification from them.ok? so we would hold on to all your original documents.ok?
CEST'MOI: ok.(was given a letter that would allow me into the embassy any 7am that they contact me).
OFFICER:so have a nice day
CEST'MOI:and you too

thats the way it went..i thank God Almighty...and i know he will finish the work he has started(in jesus name)..guys pls just be very truthful in answering questions..and pls donot attach any false document...this guys are good..they are professionals..
they read the eye movement and they can tell when you are lying...they are very good.do u guys know about d eye thing? if u are talkin and ur eye moves to the upper left conner dat means u are tryin to construct a scene from your brain...but if it moves towards the upper right conner that means u are tryin to remember something..(now try remember what you wore to church 2weeks ago..and see where u eye will be possitioned....again try imagine urself wit a pink trouser, green shirt and a brown tie..try see where your eye will be possitioned to construct this scenerio...so they know when you are tryin to remember and when you are tryin to construct a lie...pls speak the truth and you'll see the conversation will flow vey well witout a coma..alot of people came in yesterday to lie..but you wouldn't just know how they get to know the questions that will make u gulk..and pls try find out b4 your interview if you are eligible...a girl tot she was wit her 2years xperience in sales(she was into sales of clothe)...we are highly favoured in jesus name..it is well wit us all i jesus name.

Congrats in advance, its well. God bless u.

hi guys,
it has been long i got the opportunity to come online to contribute my own, well i want to say that live in America has been so good , but i understand that you must start somewhere to get to the top. i am now working and really hoping for the best,but be sure that in america you must be ready to work hard to acheive you dreams and aspirations. i now understand why dollar is refered to hard currency. Just be sure to work and earn whatever u intend to make in the states. I currently have just one job which i do in the night still looking for a day job. i pray for you all that are yet to attend interview that u all will be successful in Jesus name Amen.

hello chosen people!!
whats up ?sorry been away for a while.however i have never missed a page of the "family meetings".hey ! i must say u guys have been wonderful. e be like say na really well meaning people na them win this lottery thing o,i must say ...the way everyone tries to help is comendable, sometimes i ask myself " are these people Nigerians?" enuff gbosa 4 all.
Yosab congrats o, hope we shall all tell same story in the end.they guy gave u a friendly drill but u wud have sunk if u had been economical with the truth.im happy u got what the main thing in the end.all the best and keep us posted.
i got a question to ask as well.is SSCE and GCE not the same thing if there is a difference pls alert me and again do they have different verification formats.i need to know.
thanks everyone and keep the spirit up.love ya all.

STANN
EXHUSTED FROM WAITING FOE THE BIG LEAP

2007AF9XXX
Intv 25/04/07 successful
Visa collected 25/05/07

Congratulations yosab.

Hi everyone, God Blees Us All. Ive been a secret member of this great forum. I did my interview on the 17th of May, 2007, and thank God i my visa was approved. My questions were not so hard, just personal things like my name, place of birth, university attended, course studied, my project topic and a few queations aabout the project, if i have anyone in the states, if this is my 1st time of playing the lottery. Anyway the woman was so nice, smiling all the way. Well its God that helped me cos ive always prayed for a good person to interview me and God had mercy on me and answered my prayers, the prayers of this sinner. God is very wonderful. When i left there, i was just saying God thank u for answering my prayers. It was like a miracle, bcos what i prayed for came to pass. God loves me, and loves u all, so just pray and believe bcos he did it 4 me, he will surely do it for every one who believes. Thanks

For those of us who r in the states already, must i go to the place i filled in my form? I actually filled i was going to stay in Florida with my cousin, but now my aunt wants me to stay with her in Georgia, so must I go to Florida first? I reaally want to know. Which airlines r safe to use? Thanks

Birth Certificate

Hi Everyone,

My mum told me my birthday was 9th February and fiilled that in my original electronic lottery form. When the sumarise my data I found out 9th was a saturday meanwhile she said I was born on a sunday. And this happened to be 10. I wrote the KCC about this but they have not replied me. When I asked my mum to send me the original birth cert, I found out that the date on it is 17th. I don't know whether to write them about this. What do you guys thing....My interview is most like going to be in August.

pls hauz l need help......

Hi hauz,
l like hw you pplp answer Questions :) cos l have learnt alot 4rm this tread .Pls can somebody tell me hw long it takes 4 administrative processing i mean hw many Months?Also the Embassy or Kcc phone numbers and there Email Add so that i can contact them 4 the update of the status of my case.pls i wil b very grateful if someone can help me.May the Good Lord bless you all Amen.

Emabssy contacts

Hi hauz,
l like hw you pplp answer Questions :) cos l have learnt alot 4rm this tread .Pls can somebody tell me hw long it takes 4 administrative processing i mean hw many Months?Also the Embassy or Kcc phone numbers and there Email Add so that i can contact them 4 the update of the status of my case.pls i wil b very grateful if someone can help me.May the Good Lord bless you all Amen.
Here is a re-re-post
Here is a re-post
Here are some contacts
http://abuja.usembassy.gov/ [website American embassy]
lagoscons2@state.gov) e-mail address Lagos embassy
consularabuja@state.gov e-mail Abuja Embassy

Consular Section, Lagos (Visas)
(Visas and American Citizens Services)
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Nigeria
Telephone: (234)-1-261-0050/0078/0139/0195/1414/6477
Fax: (234)-1-261-2218
Specific questions about individual visa cases may be directed to the U.S. Consulate General by emailing lagoscons2@state.gov or Fax: 234-1-261-5916

Consular Section, Abuja (Visas)
(American Citizens Services)
Embassy of the United States of America
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area, Abuja.
Telephone: (234)-9-461-4262
Fax: (234)-9-461-4171
E-mail: Consularabuja@state.gov
By the way,KCC contacts are on your first notification letter.
Administrative may take upto 3 months; somebody is still waiting after more than 3 1/2 months.

Take your choice

For those of us who r in the states already, must i go to the place i filled in my form? I actually filled i was going to stay in Florida with my cousin, but now my aunt wants me to stay with her in Georgia, so must I go to Florida first? I reaally want to know. Which airlines r safe to use? Thanks
You can switch to Georgia or anywhere else; just inform the immigration officer at your Port of Entry so that your Green card can be sent to Georgia and not Florida.
KLM/British Airways are good; but no direct flights. North American Airlines have direct flights, but they seem to leave Lagos at 1a.m.

Need clarification

Hi Everyone,

My mum told me my birthday was 9th February and fiilled that in my original electronic lottery form. When the sumarise my data I found out 9th was a saturday meanwhile she said I was born on a sunday. And this happened to be 10. I wrote the KCC about this but they have not replied me. When I asked my mum to send me the original birth cert, I found out that the date on it is 17th. I don't know whether to write them about this. What do you guys thing....My interview is most like going to be in August.
This uncertainty about your birthday is most unusual.
We need clarification of this case since most of us can tell our birthday from nursery school.
This could be a major problem because the embassy may see it as a case of multiple identity/ multiple DV lottery submissions with different birthdays.
I guess it is okay to write KCC now and get a written response from them which you can take to the embassy for your interview.
Like it or not, this issue will raise a red flag during your interview and you will need to provide a honest, credible explanation to the embassy officer.

More details

Hi everyone, God Blees Us All. Ive been a secret member of this great forum. I did my interview on the 17th of May, 2007, and thank God i my visa was approved. My questions were not so hard, just personal things like my name, place of birth, university attended, course studied, my project topic and a few queations aabout the project, if i have anyone in the states, if this is my 1st time of playing the lottery. Anyway the woman was so nice, smiling all the way. Well its God that helped me cos ive always prayed for a good person to interview me and God had mercy on me and answered my prayers, the prayers of this sinner. God is very wonderful. When i left there, i was just saying God thank u for answering my prayers. It was like a miracle, bcos what i prayed for came to pass. God loves me, and loves u all, so just pray and believe bcos he did it 4 me, he will surely do it for every one who believes. Thanks
I am sure there are more juicy details about your interview
Please give us a "blow-by-blow" account once you settle down [say tomorrow].

cestmoi congrats,....... read this

pls kindly tell me much about what u told him(interviewer) concerning programming, i am a graduate of computer science but i am now a salesman(marketer) due to unemployment, and am finding it difficult to remember some of the IT terminologies. pls give me a guard on what to expect

30***

ogooluwanitemi@yahoo.com

Red flag

Thanks mamaJ, you are a genius, you really are a Mama. You really took out time to give me a comprehensive response, really kind of u, am indeed very grateful. Please I will need anymore advice from you and from everyone of you on this forum. With this news of cancellation of DV programme, I do not want to jeopardize this opportunity and I believe with God on my side, shall scale thru.

Maybe I should just ask this on behalf of my friend. I have a friend who also won the DV. When entering, she entered for she and her husband alone, but now she is thinking of including a child the husband had out of wedlock to the list. She is the principal applicant and she fills that her husband and his child can have a derivative status. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Thanks to all.
I read in one of the posts sometime ago that one guy put the name of a child on his form which was not listed on his original dv lottery entry and the case was instantly diqualified; KCC did not even call him for interview. I can't find that post right now but I will re-post it when I find it.
We need more input on this, family members.