• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Hi Onyii

I learn,t Naiga certifictes are rarely recognized in the US irrespective of wether it's a b.sc, hnd ,msc or what have you. You will still need to do some courses/schooling when you get there to be able to fit into their system. The opportunities are vast. You just need to zero your mind on getting to the US first.When you get to that bridge you will cross it big time.
Meantime you can begin by asking God for a leading as to what new skills to acquire in addition to whatever you already have that will prove helpful to you when you get there and use the time you still have to develop such.
Thanks a lot house members for keeping this forum alive. I see us all crossing over to the US. I say congratulations to every one of us in this forum and welcome to the USA !

Hello MamaJ -

To answer some of your questions, I have 4 credits and have been a tailor for about 5 years now. I know that the rules vary from year to year, that's why I want some confirmation as per tailoring is concerned. I want some intelligence from folks that have used tailoring lately. I don't think that the rules guiding DV2007 and DV2005 are that different. Both of these years used eDV. Is there anyone in this forum that’s aware of anybody with DV2007 that’s in the same predicament as me? DV lottery does not honor only folks with 5 credits. To my best understanding, training and apprenticeship folks are also welcome.

Thanks.

I learn,t Naiga certifictes are rarely recognized in the US irrespective of wether it's a b.sc, hnd ,msc or what have you. You will still need to do some courses/schooling when you get there to be able to fit into their system. The opportunities are vast. You just need to zero your mind on getting to the US first.When you get to that bridge you will cross it big time.
Meantime you can begin by asking God for a leading as to what new skills to acquire in addition to whatever you already have that will prove helpful to you when you get there and use the time you still have to develop such.
Thanks a lot house members for keeping this forum alive. I see us all crossing over to the US. I say congratulations to every one of us in this forum and welcome to the USA !

So shall it be Busayo.
Nice weekend to us all in the house.:D :D

Thanks

Hi,

I think you dont need to use another passport, stick to the one you have been using, it does nt disturb anything.

Best of luck

How are you, Temi? Thank you for the help if you be rendering to me. I have a question for you. Is it possible for me to cahnge the address I used in the firs forms sent to KCC as the palce I want them to send my SSN and as my permanent address in the States? I used the address of the person I thought I was gonna use as my sponsor but she doesn't want to send her documents to me I've decided to use another person. I want to use the new person's address in the forms that come with my letter for interview date.

I hope this wouldn't have negative effects on my application. Please advise me on what to do. Thanks.

Hello MamaJ -

To answer some of your questions, I have 4 credits and have been a tailor for about 5 years now. I know that the rules vary from year to year, that's why I want some confirmation as per tailoring is concerned. I want some intelligence from folks that have used tailoring lately. I don't think that the rules guiding DV2007 and DV2005 are that different. Both of these years used eDV. Is there anyone in this forum that’s aware of anybody with DV2007 that’s in the same predicament as me? DV lottery does not honor only folks with 5 credits. To my best understanding, training and apprenticeship folks are also welcome.

Thanks.

Hi naija_usa_visa,

I got your mail asking me to comment on this issue.

Like you rightly stated and according to DV instructions (DV 2007 and later), qualification for DV visa is based on either academic qualifications or professional qualification, hence the need to accurately provide such informations/details when filing the form, but academic achievements consideration takes precedence.

The consular officials are empowered and at their discretion, they can use both academic and professional qualification when adjudging a knotty case and they also have the prerogative to say yes to you or no.

But like MamaJ and others have clearly mentioned, rules are changing every year in order to refine the process and bring the best out of it.

The cases of the terrorists also have made the consular to tighten the rope as regards DV 2008 since the move by both house of rep and senate to constitutionally amend or totally abolish the DV program resulted to deadlock last year.

They wanted to constitutionally amend (to allocate 2/3 of the total visas to holders of Bachelor, Masters and PHD) or totally abolish the DV program because; some felt that DV program created avenues exploited by the terrorist to have legal residence in US, and the fact that just High school degree, is not sufficient alone to be use as basis for qualification anymore if immigrants are espected to have positive contributions towards the development of their economy. We has Nigerians are just beneficiaries of their policies, and directly or indirectly, we are at their mercy.

I have a friend who was a fashion designer. She attended DV interview and was given visa five years ago. On her day of interview, she was given cloths, sewing machine and the needed tools to cut and make dresses in order to prove her claim. But if she were to attend interview today, she might not make it reasons been that for your profession (outside your academic qualification) to qualify you, your job zone must be between 4 &5.

I have tried to critically look at the options you have vis-à-vis your profession. Job zone for tailoring falls within zones 2 and 3. See details below:

For Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers:
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/details/51-6052.00#JobZone

Alternative to tailoring is fashion designer:
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/27-1022.00#JobZone

On our interview day, a man and his family was interviewed and he claimed that his profession was water tank building. He and his family were given visas after he answered 3 questions from Government thrown at him by the officials.

What I will say to you is do not to lose faith because there is what I call “God factor”. He can do and undo. You are better off than others because you are informed (through various contributions) already, some don’t even have a clue about their chances and they were disappointed on the interview day.

Be ready to defend both your 4 credits and your tailoring profession and pray like “Jabez” to God Almighty to defend and clear the way ahead of you.

Like I said earlier, the tank builder guy made some blunders. While he was registering for 2007 DV visa online, he mistakenly entered his wife’s birthday for his daughter’s and his daughters for his wife’s. Imagine! That was enough to disqualify him but to our surprise, not only were they given visas, the official said he should not worry, that she will correct the mistake. That was God!

Remember, “God factor” as you go for your interview.

God be with you.

Thank you WLD for your wonderful and uplifting comments. This is one of the best and positive comments I've seen in this forum...God bless you my brother. We rest everything in God's hand; He has NEVER failed us and I know he will NOT FAIL us now that we need him the most! See you in Yankee pretty soon.

Where in ATL RU situated? My family friend that used tailoring back in DV2005 lives in ATL (Norcross) with her family.

Good luck to all my naija folks awaiting their second letters. We shall all overcome this "big" hurdle (American Embassy) in front of us!!!

Regards,

naija_usa_visa

Thank you WLD for your wonderful and uplifting comments. This is one of the best and positive comments I've seen in this forum...God bless you my brother. We rest everything in God's hand; He has NEVER failed us and I know he will NOT FAIL us now that we need him the most! See you in Yankee pretty soon.

Where in ATL RU situated? My family friend that used tailoring back in DV2005 lives in ATL (Norcross) with her family.

Good luck to all my naija folks awaiting their second letters. We shall all overcome this "big" hurdle (American Embassy) in front of us!!!
Regards,

naija_usa_visa

Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn oooooo:D :D :D

How are you, Temi? Thank you for the help if you be rendering to me. I have a question for you. Is it possible for me to cahnge the address I used in the firs forms sent to KCC as the palce I want them to send my SSN and as my permanent address in the States? I used the address of the person I thought I was gonna use as my sponsor but she doesn't want to send her documents to me I've decided to use another person. I want to use the new person's address in the forms that come with my letter for interview date.

I hope this wouldn't have negative effects on my application. Please advise me on what to do. Thanks.

Hi,U are very welcome!we are one on this forum and we will achieve that goal in Jesus name.Yes, it is possible without any problem.have u received your second letter?If not send an email to KCC about the change of address and also you can notify the embassy during your interview of the changes.And you can also decide not to do anything about it until you get to US.At the point of Entry you can change your address.The choice is urs,so dont be afraid.Just go for ur interview with all the necessary docs and you will be on top. It is well!

Temi how are u doing

Hi Temi,
I hope u are adjusting well to your new Enviroment.
I am wondering why its taking so long for your Green card and SSN to be ready going by your signature.Wouldnt that pose a Challenge in getting a job ?
wld's own didnt take long going by his signature.
Any reasonn for the pending status of the GC and SSN.

Pls am confused and needed help.

Hi Hauz,
Please can somebody tell me how long wil it take the Embassy or KCC to do Administrative Processing?Please how can one contact the Embassy or Kcc to know the update on the status of a Case.Is it by Telephone or thru the Email Add?Wats the Email Add and Telephone num?Please Temi,Jrcies,Baba agba pls kindly help me and answer my Questions because september is near already.Thanks 4 ur immediate response and May God bless you all in Jesus Name Amen.

Hi Hauz,
Please can somebody tell me how long wil it take the Embassy or KCC to do Administrative Processing?Please how can one contact the Embassy or Kcc to know the update on the status of a Case.Is it by Telephone or thru the Email Add?Wats the Email Add and Telephone num?Please Temi,Jrcies,Baba agba pls kindly help me and answer my Questions because september is near already.Thanks 4 ur immediate response and May God bless you all in Jesus Name Amen.

I am sure you will be contacted by the embassy as soon as they are through with whatever checks they are doing.
But I will advise you to from time to time send the email to inquire about your case.
At this point, you do not need to contact KCC for anything but the embassy here.
Read through the thread backward, you will find the email address there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Todipo

hello ben, this is my 1st time of using this forum , iam so confused i am a dv2007 winner with case no 2007AF00028XXX, I AM YET TO HEAR ANYTHING about interview letter, pls do let me know, how this is being done and what they mean by current numbers. thank u very much

Hi,
Todipo, its nice read from you. First of all just thank God for making you part of this forum, atleast you can be a member b4 your case become current. Let me welcome you to the forum with this message............ Enjoy the forum ok and ask anything you think you're not that cleared with, ok.
So back to your question, It seems we have desame case no. or may I say our case w'll be current desame time.
There is something refers to as been current as in each month KCC releases case no. to be current that month so its only those with current case no. that will receive their second letter for interview for the month. you can go to page 33 of this thread, http://www.immigrationportal.com/arc.../t-218127.html you w'll see a link directing you to see all what has been discussed in the forum, answers to questions asked by the members , likely interview questions and so on sha. So when your case is current you w'll receive the second letter and what next to do ok, i'm still expecting my second letter too. But b4 the whole program ended, i'm very sure we'll be current. But b4 then just make sure all ur documents are intact cos toward the last date of the program it may be rush rush ok.
Atleast i have answer some of your question, but if there is still more question to ask just go ahead to ask ok. The houx is ready to supply you with answers.

hey mcben, thank u for ur reply , i actually contacted u coz our case number are quite close, pls if u can do me a favour i would very much appreciate it, pls kindly give me ur yahoo address coz it will be much easier for me to contact u via yahoo as i am still feeling very strange with this site. if u do not mind , my yahoo is todipo2000@yahoo.co.uk. thank u , and u guys keep up the good works. cheers

Thanks once more

Hi,U are very welcome!we are one on this forum and we will achieve that goal in Jesus name.Yes, it is possible without any problem.have u received your second letter?If not send an email to KCC about the change of address and also you can notify the embassy during your interview of the changes.And you can also decide not to do anything about it until you get to US.At the point of Entry you can change your address.The choice is urs,so dont be afraid.Just go for ur interview with all the necessary docs and you will be on top. It is well!

There's nothing I can do but to thank you. Please accept my thanks. Yes. I have received the second letter. And my interview is next month. Can I use the new sponsor's address in the new forms that come with my second letter? Or do I need to contact KCC before I fill the form?

Please how much did it cost you to do your medicals and how long did it for the results to come out. Thank you very much. I hope to be in the States soon too. God bless you.

There's nothing I can do but to thank you. Please accept my thanks. Yes. I have received the second letter. And my interview is next month. Can I use the new sponsor's address in the new forms that come with my second letter? Or do I need to contact KCC before I fill the form?

Please how much did it cost you to do your medicals and how long did it for the results to come out. Thank you very much. I hope to be in the States soon too. God bless you.

Hi Abimtee,

Yes,i think you can use the new address in the second letter.The medicals is like 21days or more.So the earlier the better.i think its around 15k,just go there and start ASAP.

Hi shelnkid,

My wife's SSN came in today,hopefully mine will come in before the end of the week.Thanks for your concern!really appreciate it .

Hello Temi!
Pls I would like to know this, while going through background check, did your wife receive her visa or you both received at the same time?

Hi Abimtee,

Yes,i think you can use the new address in the second letter.The medicals is like 21days or more.So the earlier the better.i think its around 15k,just go there and start ASAP.

Hi shelnkid,

My wife's SSN came in today,hopefully mine will come in before the end of the week.Thanks for your concern!really appreciate it .

Good to hear that ur wife has recieved her SSN.You will recieve ur own too soonest.Good luck

pls i need clarification

everybody pls i need contribution .

I entred into the dv 2007 as a single but i will be getting married by July and i have notified kcc about this and they said i should scan the marriage cert as soon as i get married so that they can forward it to embassy even if my case had been schedule for interview .But my question is this
Someone told me that the embassy only recognise registry marriage cert not church marriage certificate and my marriage will be done at anglican church where the pastor said they will only notify the registry and seek there permission to conduct the wedding but the actual wedding will take place in the church and one copy of the certificate sent to them at the registry .He said doing the registry before the church and comming to church is like doing two weddings and having two certificates .

Now my fear or question is the church wedding certificate recongnised at the embassy? and is the birth cerificate of someone born in the church maternity home vaild for embassy.

everybody pls i need contribution .

I entred into the dv 2007 as a single but i will be getting married by July and i have notified kcc about this and they said i should scan the marriage cert as soon as i get married so that they can forward it to embassy even if my case had been schedule for interview .But my question is this
Someone told me that the embassy only recognise registry marriage cert not church marriage certificate and my marriage will be done at anglican church where the pastor said they will only notify the registry and seek there permission to conduct the wedding but the actual wedding will take place in the church and one copy of the certificate sent to them at the registry .He said doing the registry before the church and comming to church is like doing two weddings and having two certificates .

Now my fear or question is the church wedding certificate recongnised at the embassy? and is the birth cerificate of someone born in the church maternity home vaild for embassy.

Thank God you brought this question up
1. You are not doing 2 weddings, For any church to conduct a marriage for you, you will have to go and get the approval from your local registry i.e. your local govt area, i don't if its not like that in other churches around but in RCCG, DAYSTAR men!!!!!!! its a must.
You will have to file the marriage notification at the registry which will last for 21days after which the registrar will give you what is called registrar confirmation slip which you will take to the church for your wedding proper, no other one will be conducted at the registry, now the church will have 3 copies of the Federal Govt Marriage certs, they have it ask your pastor, its there for them to use a copy will be retained in the church for reference, the second one for you and your wife and of course you will take the third one to the registry for the their own records, thats all about it. No wahala

This certificate is thesame as the one you will obtain from registry had it been you are using registry, thats the Federal Govt approved marriage cert and its recognised; the reason why you can have 2 certs is if the church deem it fit to give you their own church cert to show that after the govt cert you still have that of the church there is no problem with that, infact i will advise you get both of them it will buttress your point the more, they tends to believe church than the registry self u know say to do ''arrangee'' for churh dey hard. Make sure you get all the necessary docs ready, like; courtship photos b4 marriage, love notes, emails, and what have you. for more info please see page 86 of this thread.
As per the church Birth Cert, i don't know much about it Good Luck:) .

My people pls let's contribute.