• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Mikabubakar,
They only request for the winner's O' Level certificate. That is, you don't need to present your wife's O' level, since you're the primary winner.

adey, mamaj, modest, babaaladura, others pls be my conpanion

pls kindly help me out. in the form Ds-230 i sent to kcc, there is a place i filled "other names used,maiden name if married" i wrote my other names like Aremu, Adeyolu. and i do have these names on our family record book but not on my school certificates. am about to collect the attestation of birth from NPC and i do not think these names will be included. it this not goin to be an obstacle during interview.

Hello,
I've been following this forum before my interview last year december, and it helps alot.
My word for you guys is to be confidence whenever you're going for your interview and make sure you give them the the same details sent to KCC. With these there should be no problem. Five DV winners were denied in my presence that day due to wrong informations. So, I'm endeavour you guys to scrutinise your documents very well before going and make sure you give them the details sent to KCC. Also, be sured your place of birth, Date of birth are the same.
Lastly, try to know about your Job, best O level subject before going for the interview, the definition and most important things. During my interview, because I have distinction in Mathematics the consulate officer gave me a question to solve for x as in "x2 + 9x + 6 = 0". Actually she gave me a pen but suprisingly I gave her the answer off hand immediately, she was very happy. I spent less than 3 minute before she gave my pick up slip. If any one of you miss the first question you don't need to be panic, they will give you another question. If you prepare yourself a head you woudn't have any problem.
These are my advice to you all.

Thanks for your advice, you must be a brainiac:p to solve the equation off hand

pls kindly help me out. in the form Ds-230 i sent to kcc, there is a place i filled "other names used,maiden name if married" i wrote my other names like Aremu, Adeyolu. and i do have these names on our family record book but not on my school certificates. am about to collect the attestation of birth from NPC and i do not think these names will be included. it this not goin to be an obstacle during interview.

The most important thing here is that the names on your form should correspond with the names on your passport.
I think this is all that matters

Hi houx

Hi Houx,
Well, just to say hi to everyone in da houx and congrat! to those with current case no. and to those with successful interview and otherwise.
Benja plz check ur private mail, I have a question for u ok.
Have a nice weekend.

Naija DV 2007 Interview June 2007 - Is Tailoring accepted???

Hi guys -

My interview is coming up on June 13, 2007 for the DV2007. I have been hearing rumors that tailoring is no longer accepted by the consulate. Can someone with good info elaborate on this? I have spent so much money for this rumor to be true. I know that printers and plumbers are exempted but being a tailor I need to know this fact ASAP. Thank you for your anticipated assistance and info.

Are there questions they ask tailors that I need to be aware of? Am I going to be tested to sew a dress? Please, please, please advise me NOW…I have no time to waste.

Regards,

Naija_USA_Visa

Naija DV 2007 Interview June 2007 - Is Tailoring accepted???

Hi guys -

My interview is coming up on June 13, 2007 for the DV2007. I have been hearing rumors that tailoring is no longer accepted by the consulate. Can someone with good info elaborate on this? I have spent so much money for this rumor to be true. I know that printers and plumbers are exempted but being a tailor I need to know this fact ASAP. Thank you for your anticipated assistance and info.

Are there questions they ask tailors that I need to be aware of? Am I going to be tested to sew a dress? Please, please, please advise me NOW…I have no time to waste.

Regards,

Naija_USA_Visa

DV 2007 Interview JUN07 - Is Tailoring accepted???

Hi guys -

Regards,

Naija_USA_Visa

Hi naija_usa_visa,

For Nigerians the most important qualification is your Waec, i don't know about tailoring. What i know is that you must have ur 5credits from Waec to qualify for a diversity visa abi family????

I know 2 people currently in America that used tailoring (DV1996 and DV2005). Is there anybody with “good” info on tailoring with DV2007? The time is not on my side....HELP!!!

reply from kcc .

Hi house thanks for all that you have been doing you guys are great .
I have here my corresondence with Kcc.

My Message to them.
I want to make enquiry about the procedure to notify KCC for change of stautus from single to married because I will be getthing married by 7TH OF JULY 2007 by God grace and my interview may come up any moment from August or September .
Thanks
Baba D.

Message from Kcc .

Thank you for your inquiry.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html.

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.

thanks

Hi Houx,
Well, just to say hi to everyone in da houx and congrat! to those with current case no. and to those with successful interview and otherwise.
Benja plz check ur private mail, I have a question for u ok.
Have a nice weekend.
hello ben, this is my 1st time of using this forum , iam so confused i am a dv2007 winner with case no 2007AF00028XXX, I AM YET TO HEAR ANYTHING about interview letter, pls do let me know, how this is being done and what they mean by current numbers. thank u very much

My friends,
I want some clarification on this WAEC matter. Do any of you have idea of the requirement from the applicants with WAEC (Technical Certificates) where 5 Credits in English, Maths etc does not count, but their WAEC certificates is based on the success on their various trades such as Electrical/Electronics Craft? The Certificates are issued by WAEC in various technical fields. I will be glad to hear from anyone with such experience.

Kind Regards!

Soken02000

welcome

hello ben, this is my 1st time of using this forum , iam so confused i am a dv2007 winner with case no 2007AF00028XXX, I AM YET TO HEAR ANYTHING about interview letter, pls do let me know, how this is being done and what they mean by current numbers. thank u very much

hi welcome on board, this forum is a complete one, please take a little while to go through the thread.
please don't be confused, all numbers will be current latest by sept, just go thru the thread and get urself prepared

Hi Naija_usa_visa,

There are different rules governing each year. The instruction for 1996 and 2005 are so different from that of 2007. In 1996, there was nothing like online application, every thing was done thru the post mail, but today the only way to apply for DV lottery is thru the internet. If you saw the online application for DV 2008, you will notice that were some changes from what we had for DV 2007 application.
In the first notification letter sent to us, it clearly states that for Nigerians, we must have 5 credits in our Waec or have a job that falls under zone 4 or 5which most times is not applicable to Nigerians.
I will advice you write the embassy to confirm if you qualify so as not to waste money and get denied. One question i want to ask, don't you have your waec?? coz if you have your waec, you are covered.

HI HOUX,
does any one have idea of what it looks like going to USA with OND OR HND cert. is it recognized?..i mean if any one have brother or friends who are currently residing in state with such qualifications and far have the been coping and any possible advice for some one with such qualification.

Lagos Nigeria.
Nl Received:7/05/2007 Case Number:2007af00013xxx
Sent Back To Kcc:20/07/2006.
Received 2nd Package 8/05/2007
Interview Date June 11th :d

hello fellas,this mikabubakar well i have been to kamorass clinic yesterday so as to make adjustment to pick my medical result before my interview day but i was told there is notting they can do but explain to me not to worry that i will be interview but later will be asked to come later with my medical result to conclude my interview and i was told i am not the only person that is hving the same problem,so u guys what to u think of this out come but to me i will take it with faith that everthing will be alrite by god grace.:eek: :D

please mamaj i will like more explaination of this case waec verification i meant more for what u said about im the pricipal applicant i will hv to verify my result but my wife which is the dependant does'nt need to verify her own waec result and secondly if i am to verify my result, will i hv to pay just 5000 naira for both combination of my result or just separately.