• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Hello,

My husband and I won dv 2008. We filled in the dv forms somewhere in December and at the time we're not married but we have lived together for 2 years and were engaged.

However, we filled in as a married couple by mistake, we didn't really gave it any thought since where we live if you live together you have the same right as a married couple, and we were planning to get married in summer. Can any one tell us how this might affect our case? since it was just an honest mistake, and we are currently legally married.??? Help

kitty

Congrats!
Concerning your question, you don't problem at all, just try and organize a wedding with your husband, you will now send a copy of your marriage cert. to KCC. and tell them situation of things.
thant's all.

Thanks Benja for your prompt response and encouragement, but unfortunately I could not access the information on thread 94. Anyway beyond that how do you interprete those figures in the bulletin as it affects Naija, Egypt and Ethiopia?

Thanks..

okey

thanks guys for all your consern am happy for all your response .pls i need calrification onthis to ..

Please I will like U guys to clarify something very important. The Affidavit of Support, is the sponsor going to send two copies (one for the primary applicant and the other for the spouse)? Or is the sponsor going to send one copy of the document that will cover both of them?

Kindly make a research on this so that I dont go to the embassy and all those crafty officers then use this as an excuse (God forbid).

Your sponsor would issue the AOS to the principal applicant only.
However,it wouldn't hurt for those deriving status to make a photocopy each.

Hello,

My husband and I won dv 2008. We filled in the dv forms somewhere in December and at the time we're not married but we have lived together for 2 years and were engaged.

However, we filled in as a married couple by mistake, we didn't really gave it any thought since where we live if you live together you have the same right as a married couple, and we were planning to get married in summer. Can any one tell us how this might affect our case? since it was just an honest mistake, and we are currently legally married.??? Help

kitty

Welcome on board.
Take your time and read through all the thread, you will find all your answers there.

Visa Bulletin July 2007

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 35,500 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia 22,900
Nigeria 16,150

ASIA 7,750
EUROPE 23,000 Except:
Ukraine 13,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,800
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 2,500

MY PEOPLE WHO AND WHO ARE CURRENT, THOUGH AM NOT TOO COMFORTABLE WITH THIS, BUT I HAVE BEEN A PREACHER OF ENCOURAGEMENT, SO I STILL WANT EVERY ONE TO BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING,
GOD BLESS US

Hello,

kitty

You might be denied a visa for lying on ur application. it might be difficult for ya tp prove that u had him on the form cos he was just ur fiancee.Although u guys are both married, but at the time of filling the form, u were not. And u know how them embassy guys behave, u might also be accused of trying to smuggling an immigrant to the U.S.
Make sure u have enough evidence to back up ur claims. U might send all the forms you want to KCC but the U.S embassy makes the decisions and u know what kind of decisions they make when it comes to Nigeria. So, be prepared fr watever happens. Good luck

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 35,500 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia 22,900
Nigeria 16,150

ASIA 7,750
EUROPE 23,000 Except:
Ukraine 13,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,800
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 2,500

MY PEOPLE WHO AND WHO ARE CURRENT, THOUGH AM NOT TOO COMFORTABLE WITH THIS, BUT I HAVE BEEN A PREACHER OF ENCOURAGEMENT, SO I STILL WANT EVERY ONE TO BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING,
GOD BLESS US

Hmm!!!:cool:

Men!!! Africa is flying and soaring high but i believe strongly that we'll all be called. since Africa by july is already clocking 35500, we should have a good jump in August and Sept.
If I say am not paniking, I would be lieing but I believe and am confident in God that we will be called.

Hi Kitty,

I think you should go to the court, get married and then see if they can back date your day of marriage to show that u were married before u even put in for the lottery. That's the only way i think for now coz there's no way u are going to convince the embassy that it was an honest mistake. Just make sure the date is before u entered for the lottery. Then u can now use that date to fill in your new forms. I mean the forms that u are sending back to KCC. that's my opinion

Though It Tarries!

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time, though it tarries, - - - - - it will surely speak. Hab. 2:3 .
My people, though I'm not current but I have great concinction that we shall get there. If you can see it, you will be it. Whatsoever you conceive you will receive. In fact, i don't buy cloths again for Nigeria whether but US of A, I watch mostly american movies these days to see how things are done, I watch CNN to see what's happening! I read about Snow, and so on, what am i saying? I'm telling us all that is that God is still God, and if there's anything weshould be saying IT IS WELL

Men!!! Africa is flying and soaring high but i believe strongly that we'll all be called. since Africa by july is already clocking 35500, we should have a good jump in August and Sept.
If I say am not paniking, I would be lieing but I believe and am confident in God that we will be called.

MamaJ, u are right that Africa is soaring but lets pray that their will be no exception for Nigeria in the Month of August and September so that we will all have this dv thing done and over with.
I must tell u my heart shook when i saw the bulletin this morning but i still believe that Allah is able in all things.
If u compare the JULY 2006 bulletin with the present bulletin, i think there is a good progression.
The worst that could happen is that we with high case numbers will have our numbers current in September.
Pls lets continue to pray.

tHANK U ALL.

I want to give kudos to the initiator and to everyone who has made valuable contributions to this forum to make it what it is today. This thread is highly educative. May God bless u all.

For those who are waiting for their number to become current, I want to let you know that I am praying along with you. Just believe IT IS WELL.

I am a DV2008 winner. I got my NL few days ago and a lot of questions I would have asked have been addressed in this forum. Thanks to you all.

Please I am in the process of filling the forms, and I need your contribution and advise on the following:

1.My case no is AF000111XX. Pls is this case number high or low? From dv2007 experience, when do u think am likely to have my interview?

2.I have ND (Computer Science) with 5 years work experience in the field of IT. In my SSCE I had Pass in English. Pls I want to know if the pass will pose any challenge during interview.

3.I entered the dv as single, but now my wedding is just a few months away (October to be precise). Pls which is better, do we go to the registry now to obtain certificate and return the form as married attaching the copy of the certificate, or should I fill the form and send to KCC as single and wait till after our wedding in October before notifying KCC of change in marital status.

I will appreciate your contributions.

Bosom

Hi Folks,
I say a big welcome to all the new joiners and to the sucessful ones congratulations.

Last few weeks has been hectic! We are just back from the Lagos, after the medicals. The second NL arrived a few days after we left PH.

Anyway, all went well. Additionally we are planning to move our interview date a few weeks earlier if acceptable to the consular folks.

Looking thro' the second letter it says that a WAEC verification is required for those who are supplying WAEC as the highest educationaly qualification!!!

Also, trying to figure out when is the current tax year! Ideally I think it should be 2006. Anyone know any law concerning this!

As the clock ticks we ask for your prayers on behalf of all going for the interview in the next few days and weeks.

Finally, have no fear all will be interviewed- says the Lord of Host.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm! i will report these people to daddy o, men!!! this is a small jump, in anycase God will see us through, we shall all get there. Amen

Hi Folks,
I say a big welcome to all the new joiners and to the sucessful ones congratulations.

Last few weeks has been hectic! We are just back from the Lagos, after the medicals. The second NL arrived a few days after we left PH.

Anyway, all went well. Additionally we are planning to move our interview date a few weeks earlier if acceptable to the consular folks.

Looking thro' the second letter it says that a WAEC verification is required for those who are supplying WAEC as the highest educationaly qualification!!!

Also, trying to figure out when is the current tax year! Ideally I think it should be 2006. Anyone know any law concerning this!

As the clock ticks we ask for your prayers on behalf of all going for the interview in the next few days and weeks.

Finally, have no fear all will be interviewed- says the Lord of Host.

Also, trying to figure out when is the current tax year! Ideally I think it should be 2006. Anyone know any law concerning this!.

06 tax return would be appropriate in your case

I want to give kudos to the initiator and to everyone who has made valuable contributions to this forum to make it what it is today. This thread is highly educative. May God bless u all.

For those who are waiting for their number to become current, I want to let you know that I am praying along with you. Just believe IT IS WELL.

I am a DV2008 winner. I got my NL few days ago and a lot of questions I would have asked have been addressed in this forum. Thanks to you all.

Please I am in the process of filling the forms, and I need your contribution and advise on the following:

1.My case no is AF000111XX. Pls is this case number high or low? From dv2007 experience, when do u think am likely to have my interview?

2.I have ND (Computer Science) with 5 years work experience in the field of IT. In my SSCE I had Pass in English. Pls I want to know if the pass will pose any challenge during interview.

3.I entered the dv as single, but now my wedding is just a few months away (October to be precise). Pls which is better, do we go to the registry now to obtain certificate and return the form as married attaching the copy of the certificate, or should I fill the form and send to KCC as single and wait till after our wedding in October before notifying KCC of change in marital status.

Bosom

I will first of all say Congrats man! your case number is not high, no number is high in this forum.
Be expecting your interview next year say April/May.

I don't think you should have any problem with the english thing since you have a qualification higher than high school, 5yrs in the field of IT means you have done alot so be prepared as the consular will fire you questions on IT generally.
Also, i think i will be better for you to wait till the end of the marriage proper before you now inform KCC about the changes in your Marrital status, if you go to the registry now to obtain certificate and return the form as married attaching the copy of the certificate, they might be suspecting something, fill the form the normal way (i mean as single) when you are sending the forms back to them send along a hand written/signed letter stating the situation on ground that your wedding is coming up in october and that the plans have been on-going before you got the NL, that as soon as you finalise it you will send in a new set of forms showing that you are married, i think with this you should be fine. Abi my people what do you think?
God bless you.

Bosom

My case no is AF000111XX. Pls is this case number high or low? From dv2007 experience, when do u think am likely to have my interview?

Is your No.Eleven thousand plus? if yes in DV 07, your number became current in May 07.

I have ND (Computer Science) with 5 years work experience in the field of IT. In my SSCE I had Pass in English. Pls I want to know if the pass will pose any challenge during interview

You would need to get your English, as I see this posing a problem during your interview.
You know the consular office would be looking for an excuse not to give you the visa, so you will have work hard so as not to give room for that.

I entered the dv as single, but now my wedding is just a few months away (October to be precise). Pls which is better, do we go to the registry now to obtain certificate and return the form as married attaching the copy of the certificate, or should I fill the form and send to KCC as single and wait till after our wedding in October before notifying KCC of change in marital status.

Which ever way would be fine but if I were in your shoes, I will send the forms now and update later.

Congrats Bosom

Congrats Bosom,

I think what Adebayo said is brilliant, i think it makes sense to send back the forms with your current status. since you are expected to fill the form and return as soon as possible, you cant afford to hold it till you get over ur marriage plans in October. Fill it honestly and if and when ur status change you will update them in KCC, as far as you have legal documents on your new status and you can demostrate close/intimacy with ur spouse ( i mean by way of pictures "old and current pics' i mean ur courtship period.

As per when u may be current,conservatively, u should look up to April/May 2008, but who knows, it might just be ealier.

I dont think you should have problem with ur grade in Eng since you already had a higher qualification and 5 years experience like u said.

Best of Luck.

Regards to those that their numbers are Current in the new bulleting.

Good Luck to everyone.

Well, i think since they said 5 credits, if its possible you have 5 credits in other subjects it should be fine but if not then you will have to get the english,
as jrcies said these people are found of looking for unreasonable excuses, so pls try and register for your english and get it b4 u become current nxt year. Good luck.

Thanks Benja for your prompt response and encouragement, but unfortunately I could not access the information on thread 94. Anyway beyond that how do you interprete those figures in the bulletin as it affects Naija, Egypt and Ethiopia?

Thanks..

okey

The interpretation is this:

About 89000 people won the lottery in the whole World, while about 46000 people won the lottery in Africa. Nigeria, Egypt and Ethopia won the highest with 9800, 8000+ and 7000+ respectively.

There is a clause that no country should be issued more than 7% of the total visa, (50000).Checking it out, Nigeria has a chance of getting 3500 visas.

Consequently, there becomes a restrict in these three countries of Africa to give other Countries the chance of getting there 7% quota.This causes the jump in the cut off of the rest African Countries.

But judging from the last year event, everybody became current by September.If these should repeat this year, then everybody will be interviewed.

Therefore my simple advice is this:

Be ready for the last rush.Infact Knowing this forum and with God's help is enough to make you excel.
For if you should take time to go through the tread of this forum, all the likely questions and the likely anwsers are treated.
So be well prepared.

If you are married, then reverse everything you know about your maraige from courtship to wedding with your wife.All these with dates.These visa vis; When did you meet your wlfe? How? How long did you court? etc.

Go through your academic works, from your Weac (most especially your best subject)to Degree if you are a degree holder.

Your birth certificate must must correspond with what you fill in your NL form.

Above all be prayerfull and also of good courage.

Cheers.

----------------------
Visa Pickup Month ending.