• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

I contacted the embassy about the eligibility of my sister (who entered US in August 2005 as LPR) and i was told she can provide the affidavit of support.

good then, best of luck

hello family members, can pls just include the first 2 digits of ur case number in ur signature, so that other house members can use the information to know when they are lacking behind.
i just came accross a guy with 5xxx from Nigeria and never received his 2nd package till date, this is because he didnt have information, pls guys lets help ourselves

Dear friends,

I want to thank you all for your positive response on my affidavit of Support issue.
I have another issue bothering me. Can one change the address where your GC is to be sent to in the second Notification Letter for interview? Many says the second Forms are not usually collected, but how can this be effected? I intend to change the address where the GC should be sent to. Your response on how to go about this will be appreciated.

Soken02000
:cool:

Guy,
Don't bother yourself, that can even be done while filling a form in your port of entry when you must have travelled.
Cheers

morgd

I really apprecite yours contribution and encouragement it kind of relief to me
thank you all for having this wonderful familly.
it make me encourage myself in the LORD because my bible tells me in math 19>26 that with men this is impossible but with GOD all things all possible
i believe his words
i shall come again in this house to share the good news what the lords has done
please can someone give me the mailed address of u.s department of labor..?

Hi Megiano,

I think for the tax return form, what they ask now from the sponsor is 1yr and for the income level please can Temi or anyother person that has gone for their own interview verify what modest said?. Coz WLD sent in this info before his interview.
It's important you get the correct info so as not to scare her away from helping you.

Hi guyz am happi to be here..am really new to this forum stuff ..i can say is enjoying..lol..alot of question being answered without calcutor..lol actually am one of the lucky winners from NIGERIA for 2008 DV LOTTERY. case number AF00014XXX.
RECIEVED FROM KCC 1st may 2007
SENT BACK VIA CURRIER 8th may 2007
my question are.
is my number too high,
when do i likely get second letter
hope i was not too fast to send my form back
lastly sending via currier service is it okay.
hope to get your responds guy..
good to you all

I myself am somewhat confused about the requirements for the Affidavit of Support. I see people are saying that the sponsor need to submit evidence of taxes for 1 yr or 3 yrs. However, on the instructions to the I-134 it does not list evidence of paid taxes as one of the requirements of the sponsor. This is required only if the person is self-employed.

The requirements listed are as follows:

Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution where you have deposits identifying the following:
Date account opened
Total amount deposited for the year
Present balance

Statement of your employer on business stationery revealing:
Date and nature of employment
Salary paid
Whether position if temporary or permanent

If self-employed:
Copy of last income tax returned filed or
Report of commercial rating concern

List containing serial numbers and denomations of bondsand name(s) of record owners.

Those are the requirements as listed on the instructions.

Hi guyz am happi to be here..am really new to this forum stuff ..i can say is enjoying..lol..alot of question being answered without calcutor..lol actually am one of the lucky winners from NIGERIA for 2008 DV LOTTERY. case number AF00014XXX.
RECIEVED FROM KCC 1st may 2007
SENT BACK VIA CURRIER 8th may 2007
my question are.
is my number too high,
when do i likely get second letter
hope i was not too fast to send my form back
lastly sending via currier service is it okay.
hope to get your responds guy..
good to you all[/QUOTE
Hello Onyii
Congratulations man, if you look at my signature you will see that i won 2006 and my number is 14+ and i will be current July, some of us with 14+ will be current June, that means for DV2007 people with 14+ become current in June/July, depending on how fast it will be in 2008 you should be current on or b4 same time next year depending on the number of winners from Nigeria sha!. Your number is not high, just prepare yourself towards the time and worry less about the number, be expecting your second package nxt year, its ok as you have sent it thru courier no shakings:D . Wish you the very best.

Hey Islandgirl, you are for DV 2008 and the laws are different. we all have to know what's applicable each year

thanks for the advice

I want to thank everybody in the house for your contribution to my question and am very greatful. I have contacted kcc and embassy . The embassy said i should contack Kcc but they have noted my case . pls again another question is that on the day of the interview do i have to pay $375 immedaitely for me and my wife or pay for one and come and complete the payment when i want to collect the visa .
thanks
dayo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Islandgirl, you are for DV 2008 and the laws are different. we all have to know what's applicable each year

I guess this is what has been causing my confusion. I will keep in mind that the requirements sometimes get updated for each year. Thanks for the reminder :)

Re:Tax return form

Hi Megiano,

I think for the tax return form, what they ask now from the sponsor is 1yr and for the income level please can Temi or anyother person that has gone for their own interview verify what modest said?. Coz WLD sent in this info before his interview.
It's important you get the correct info so as not to scare her away from helping you.

MamaJ,

Thank you for your observation. Like you said earlier rules are changing. What i summited at the embassy was the most recent tax papers of my sponsor (which was his 2006 tax papers) and not 3 years of his tax documents. But in DV 2005, my brother who won submitted 3 years of his sponsor's Tax papers.

House, please note.

l have gone 4 my interview

hi hauz,
i have been goin thru this thread 4 a vry long time.Well i had my interview on the 30-04-07.l was tagged dv-24.
The interview....A White Lady
Wat is ur Name
Place of Birth
Date of Birth
Are u a Student
Which Sch and Ur course of study
U had A1 in biology,Tell mi parts of a human Skull .hmmmmmmmmm
Parts of a plant cell and Animal Cell
Function of a vacuole
i answered correctly bt human skull i dnt knw much abt it,so i was given a white paper tellin mi that they will go 4 adminisrtative processing that they will give me a call to cum to the embassy again.Wat is administrative processing.l hope they will give me my visa cos all my Docs are okay and they are holdin evrythin concernin me .pls can somebody help

Hello house. My name is taiwo. Please is it possible for a sponsor to send all th doucoments required from him/her direct to the embassy? I hope it doesn't have any effects on the applicant. Thank you for you assistance.

Hi Megiano,

Thanks e1 for the quick information! MamaJ, tnx o. Those were my thoughts exactly when I read the requirements. I hope she won't get scared away, considering we don't know each other that well:(

DV 2007 -NIGERIA
CASE NO: 2007AF00005XXX
NL RECVD: 10/05/2006.
NL DATED: 20/04/2006.
SENT TO KCC:24/05/2006.
SEC. PACKAGE RECVD: 09/11/2006
IST INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR: 04/12/2006
RE-SCHEDULED INTERVIEW FOR: 04/06/2007

Hi Megiano,

Hi, I think i have posted something like this before.What they want to know is if the person filling your AOS form paid the tax for the past year. If he can provide 3yrs its ok if not 1yr is ok.Choice is urs!

For married people your sponsor must provide.
1. A Notarised filled out Form I-134
2. A verification letter from his/her employer.
3.Tax return for a year.I think in this case it will be for 2006.

These 3 docs are 'KOKO'

What they want to know is if your sponsor is capable to support you. Like my sponsor ,he wrote that 'I intend to board,furnish and support in money and materials,food and transportation and other sundry expenses to dependants i will give dependants $750 in cash monthly and $300 in materials( food etc.) for 3years". He wrote that in section 11 of the form.

I think that should be ok for the embassy .
Wish you all the very best.

Hello house. My name is taiwo. Please is it possible for a sponsor to send all th doucoments required from him/her direct to the embassy? I hope it doesn't have any effects on the applicant. Thank you for you assistance.

The Document must be taken to the embassy by you NOT the sponsor sending it directly to the embassy.Pls dont try it ooo.Maybe your sponsor is being scared of given you his/her info but you have to promise your sponsor that you will take good care of the doc.(i think).Sending the Doc directly to the embassy will have negative impact cos the instruction is there for you to bring the Doc for the interview.

Hi Temi,

Is there any specific amount that should be in the account of your sponsor or your sponsor just have to proove that he or she can take care of you till you get something doing?

For Megiano,
The tax return form is for one year and just like they said, the embassy want to be sure that this person has been paying his or her tax

Hi Temi,

Is there any specific amount that should be in the account of your sponsor or your sponsor just have to proove that he or she can take care of you till you get something doing?

For Megiano,
The tax return form is for one year and just like they said, the embassy want to be sure that this person has been paying his or her tax

Hello,

I dont know of any specific amount but a family earning above $35k/annum should be able to prove that they can sponsor.

I want to thank everybody in the house for your contribution to my question and am very greatful. I have contacted kcc and embassy . The embassy said i should contack Kcc but they have noted my case . pls again another question is that on the day of the interview do i have to pay $375 immedaitely for me and my wife or pay for one and come and complete the payment when i want to collect the visa .
thanks
dayo
hellooooooooooo every body.how are we all doing.hope we dey enjoy the special rain from GOD.As per ur question.U as the principal applicant have to pay the 375 first.after the interview u can per 4 others.wish u all the best

hi hauz,
i have been goin thru this thread 4 a vry long time.Well i had my interview on the 30-04-07.l was tagged dv-24.
The interview....A White Lady
Wat is ur Name
Place of Birth
Date of Birth
Are u a Student
Which Sch and Ur course of study
U had A1 in biology,Tell mi parts of a human Skull .hmmmmmmmmm
Parts of a plant cell and Animal Cell
Function of a vacuole
i answered correctly bt human skull i dnt knw much abt it,so i was given a white paper tellin mi that they will go 4 adminisrtative processing that they will give me a call to cum to the embassy again.Wat is administrative processing.l hope they will give me my visa cos all my Docs are okay and they are holdin evrythin concernin me .pls can somebody help
Hello.as per ur case,i think u stil have a better chance if and only if u dont have fake in ur document.i want u to erase it off ur mind that is as a result of u not be able answer the part of a skull,if it where to be that u would have been rejected out right.so no shaking.just they disturb them with mail.all will be well insha allah.