• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by soken02000
Ladies/Gents,

I will appreciate if you can guide me correctly on this: My sponsor prepared I-864 Affidavit of Support document. I was thinking it suppose to be I-134. Do you have correct idea on this? He is my (Relative) uncle. Can either of them be used for the purpose of Affidavit of Support? I have written to KCC & Lagos Consular office for a guide, but I don't know if they will respond. I will be glad for your guide.

Form I-134 is the very one, and as your uncle he can do it. good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell my people.
whats up in the house y'll! sorrybout my going AWOL. just went thru the thread.nice to know u guys are still holding on strong.
me i still dey kampe as baba iyabo tok.no shaking.got all my papers together the thing wey remain now na the police thing and the medical. so i guess im good to go.
congrats to all who had successful interviews wish u all the best and keep ur fingers crossed for us.have a nice week ahead.
P.S
Modest i dey feel u.keep it up man.

Stann
Still waiting for the great leap.

Thank God

Thank God that every body is alright, big up to all of us, we hope to have more testimonies. God bless you all

morgd

I went for my interview on 30-04-007 around 6;am with my medical result although doctor already told me that my blood are okay about 7;am we where usher Inn and was giving a tag dv3 with paid slip 20 minute later we where urge to go and paid at the canter 10 minute later my name was call at the other canter now was a Nigeria guys he sak my police certificate birth certificate and medical result he now ask me to provide the certificate that qualify me for dv visa which i gave him the certificate of apprenticeship in automobile repaire mechanic in which i have thirteen years plus experience he look at it and said ok i should have my seat about an hour later i was call dv3 to swear an oath and do finger print which i did and was directed to the interview hall three hour later i was call dv3 at the canter again i went and stood up because they where know seat made available for anybody to seat and answere any question
the white lady ask me to say my name, date of birth ,place of birth, which i said correct
she now said i'am sorry to tell you that your occupation did not qualify you for dv visa
then i told her that automobile repaire mechanic is among the qualify occupation at the u.s department of labor website
she said know that is only the upper section is acceptable section 212 (A)(5)(A) of the law
but i think the upper section is only the occupation of those that pass through the university level...?
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IS THERE ANY HOPE TO CLAIM BACK MY VISA....?
I' am confused.
my cousin in U.S told me that he did not know much about this that he will ask someone whether to use a legal means here in nigeria or in U.S
i am lookin forward to hear from the house thanks and good luck for yours interview

I went for my interview on 30-04-007 around 6;am with my medical result although doctor already told me that my blood are okay about 7;am we where usher Inn and was giving a tag dv3 with paid slip 20 minute later we where urge to go and paid at the canter 10 minute later my name was call at the other canter now was a Nigeria guys he sak my police certificate birth certificate and medical result he now ask me to provide the certificate that qualify me for dv visa which i gave him the certificate of apprenticeship in automobile repaire mechanic in which i have thirteen years plus experience he look at it and said ok i should have my seat about an hour later i was call dv3 to swear an oath and do finger print which i did and was directed to the interview hall three hour later i was call dv3 at the canter again i went and stood up because they where know seat made available for anybody to seat and answere any question
the white lady ask me to say my name, date of birth ,place of birth, which i said correct
she now said i'am sorry to tell you that your occupation did not qualify you for dv visa
then i told her that automobile repaire mechanic is among the qualify occupation at the u.s department of labor website
she said know that is only the upper section is acceptable section 212 (A)(5)(A) of the law
but i think the upper section is only the occupation of those that pass through the university level...?
I' am confused.
my cousin in U.S told me that he did not know much about this that he will ask someone whether to use a legal means here in nigeria or in U.S
i am lookin forward to hear from the house thanks and good luck for yours interview

Am so sorry to hear about this, had it been we know about the type of certificate you possess we should have deliberated on it and come up with every possible solutions before your interview date and find a way round whatever the issue might be.
Talking of legal means! house what do you think about this? pls lets rub minds on possible way out for morgd on this issue.
Thanks

NB
Please house to avoid this type of issues, if there is anything or any aspect of these whole process that we do not understand let us put it across to the floor of the house so that we can deliberate on it b4 its late. plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, once again if there is a thing morgd can do, lets us know pls.:confused: :confused: :confused:
God less us all.

yeh

I' am confused.

sincerely yours, am very sorry for this situation,
all the same i feel a legal process abroad will be better, though it may take some time, and time is the more reason why a local law suit will not be it for now.
Talk to ur cousin abroad and let a lawyer in the US advice u on what to do, meanwhile keep the house posted as am sure everybody will may survey and find out what the appropriate thing will be for now.

Adebayo is right with his advice and i will suggest we adhere to it.

Hey Man, Its going to be a tough case for ya. if u had been here in the states, u could have gotten help from the senator or congress man in ur district.
And the thing is, if your job dosent qualify for the Dv lottery, am sorry there isn't much anyone can do about it. I haven't looked up the labor page thou but if u are convinced that ur job experience is sufficient enough and it is listed on the Labor webpage, then u could have a strong case. But fighting it in Nigeria would be exremely hard.
I just wish you luck men. Just take a deep breath.

Qualification criteria

It appears that having the WAEC/school cert is your safest option

A high school diploma is required or a job in Zone 4 or 5 and training level 7 I reviewed this on the dept. of labor website and such jobs actually require University degrees. :eek:

The information about the jobs that qualify is at this link http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2008_Final.pdf
It should also link you to the Dept. of labor site
http://online.onetcenter.org/

Below is an exerpt from the 2008-dv instructions

What Occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program? The Department of Labor (DOL) O*Net Online Database database groups job experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed on the DOL Website, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program. To qualify for a Diversity Visa on the basis of your work experience, you must, within the past five years, have two years of experience in an occupation that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range of 7.0 or higher.
How Do I Find the Qualifying Occupations on the Department of Labor Website? Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the Department of Labor O*Net Online Database. Follow these steps to find out if your occupation qualifies: Select "Find Occupations" and then select a specific
I do wish that the American embassy here will treat us the same way that other Embassies treat the visa applicants; if they know that you don't have correct papers, they usually stop you before you pay the visa fee which is not cheap

Morgd

There is hope!!!:) .
The visa officer has mistaken you for just a junior level Automobile repair mechanic.
Based on you 13 years experience you qualify as a 49-1011.00 - First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers
That particular job title qualifies you [it is a zone 4 job with level 7 training].
Of course, I am assuming that you have apprentices under you and you probably own your own shop.
We now have to go back into the "lion's den".
Does anybody know how to appeal this thing and get this information across to the American embassy.?
You can pass this information to your cousin and he can get a lawyer to contact the embassy about the case.
In the meantime, you can send an appeal letter and e-mail to the embassy with the correct job title.
I found that job title and O'net code number at this website http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/49-1011.00
Calm down, we can still win this thing.

More information for Morgd

This is from one of the posts in this forum; it might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnllc
I emailed to The Department of Labor (DOL) and got thier reply. They said my dad should be qualified under
11-1021.00 - General and Operations Managers
Title Job Zone Four: Considerable Preparation Needed
SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0)
so I guess I will have my dad to give a try.........
thanks a lot for all the replies.
If there is still anyone has similar case to my dad,,, please kindly post your opinion.... good luck to all!!

Yes, the Printing Machine Operators are Job Zone Two: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/su...023.00#JobZone. But, since your father was managing the shop, you could go with General and Operations Managers, which is the Job Zone Four: http://online.onetcenter.org/link/su...021.00#JobZone.
And, I think, he should have worked 2 years in the last 5 years.

Congratulations

I just received my Congratulations letter for DV-2008. I am Mexican but I claimed my husband’s native country.
-My case number is 2008EU00014XXX.. Is my number high?
-I am currently working in the U.S. under a TN visa. Should I do AOS or CP?
If I choose CP, my interview would be in Cd. Juarez, Mexico. Thank you for your help!!
Your number is not too high for Europe. For DV 2007, your number became "CURRENT" in April 2007. That is when a visa is assigned to your number and you became eligible for an interview. So you might become current in April 2008 and will be called for interview April-June 2008 [estimate].
The only exception is Ukraine; they are stll lagging behind; the most current number in Ukraine right now [May 2007] is 11,100
I will suggest doing CP since there is less chances of things getting lost in the mail and maybe less bureacracy to slow down your case. Especially if your interview is not scheduled on time, USCIS may not complete the case before Sept. 30, 2008 when the eligibility ends.
Of course, AOS may go smoothly and April-Sept. may be enough time for processing and if there is any problem like visa denial you can always get a lawyer on the case; you may not be able to do so with CP in Mexico.:eek:

Check the visa bulletin each month [after Oct. 2007, since dv2008 will not start visa interview till then.] to see the progress and better estimate you interview date.
I wish you the best; Congratulations on your selection:)

F. OBTAINING THE MONTHLY VISA BULLETIN

The Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs offers the monthly "Visa Bulletin" on the INTERNET'S WORLDWIDE WEB. The INTERNET Web address to access the Bulletin is:

http://travel.state.gov

From the home page, select the VISA section which contains the Visa Bulletin.

To be placed on the Department of State’s E-mail subscription list for the “Visa Bulletin”, please send an E-mail to the following E-mail address:

listserv@calist.state.gov

and in the message body type:
Subscribe Visa-Bulletin First name/Last name
(example: Subscribe Visa-Bulletin Sally Doe)

I' am confused.

I am so sorry to hear about what happened during your Visa Interview.
I hate to say this but I must be honest with you.
Taking the embassy to court to me doesn't really make sense,
Considering the fact also,that you do not have time on your side ,as the DV fiscal Year is running to an end, even if it was otherwise, I still don't see you standing a chance to win the case.
Don't forget, the fact that you are a Nigerian is a minus as those Oyinbos treat us differently from the way they treat others from other countries.
The only way for one to stand a better chance to get a DV Visa is for one to posses atleast O'levels, as they think Nigerian can forge any Certificate.
Like Pastor said,if we had known on time, may be ,we would have been able to help.
Desto had a similar problem, her O'levels was not complete, she brought the issue on time and she was advised on what to do, today she is in the States.
The Embassy policy here is No WAEC no VISA.

Better luck next time.

Hi All,

Thanks to Modest for asking after us.

I am with the “House” 24/7; always reading through the thread everyday.

I must say that I am highly impressed with our commitment, enthusiasm, perseverance, dedication and encouragement on this forum. I am also happy with the quality of advice that comes out of our joint efforts of brainstorming over issues that bothers on our collective purpose.

The forum has become resourceful and I think we should find ways of preserving the contents for the generations of DV’s coming behind.

Truly, I really don’t know what will emerge/become of this forum when everyone eventually obtains Visa to USA but all I know is that this forum is one of the best things that happened to me as a Nigerian. I want at this point stop and say thank you to JRCIES for taking the initiative.

Some days ago, stumbled on what turned out to be her first post on this forum:

"Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria"

“Hi All!
Pls I'd like all DV 2007 winners from Nigeria to meet here,so that we can rub minds together as to how to go about processing our case until we receive the VISA.

Thanks,”​

Little did she realize that she was about to impact and affect positively lives of so many people she hadn’t met.

We must give honor to whom it is due; Jrcies thanks once again.

I also want to say thank you to the whole “House” (of which am part :D ) for sharing your heart with us and not holding back. I am bold to say that it was because of God and you guys that 2Tee and myself are in Atlanta today.

Friends, the import of what God has done and will still do for our members cannot be appreciated until years after. We must praise God for counting us worthy of this blessing and honor. Therefore, let us hold fast our confession, zeal, and confidence that we started out with to the end (Heb 10:35). Faithful is HE that has promise.

Please prepare ahead not just for the DV Visa, but also for what lie ahead. There bound to be new opportunities, new challenges, new paradigm shift, change in tradition & beliefs, change in carrier/profession, misinformation, meeting new people and ultimately, victory. All these spell preparations.

Where is Obinna? Please speak out!

Regards

C'mon guys, this forum wouldn't have been this success without you guys...you all are the Bomb!!!

Anyway, thanks for the enconmium and...Una just dey make me feel like George Bush here...:p

How ATL?

you see i tell you my people will brain storm and come up with something great. thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Morgd,

Am so sorry for what has happened but i do agree with Baba Aladura that something can still be done. This is the violent taketh it by force oh. Please write to the department of labour, telling them that u have been in this for 13yrs and that u manage other automobile mechanics working under you. If they give u thesame reply they gave Tnllc's dad then forward the reply from the department of labour to the american embassy letting them know that u have been mistaken for a junior automobile mechanic and all the other story then hear what they have to say. If it works out, you have to be able to prove that u have a shop and that u have plp working under u, well when that time comes we'll know how to cross it but first things first, write to the deparment of labour like Baba Aladura said and let's see what happens from there.
I must give kudos to you for being brave and honest to tell the house that you were rejected. most plp would never come back to say they were rejected. This shows that we are one big family and I love the honesty and sincerity we share even if we don't know how selves individually.

morgd

pls be very fast in ur actions and let ur cousin know that u have limited time as it is u have 4months to act.
dont leave any stone 'unturn'
let him get a lawyer for u in the states asap, if he does not have money he could still get a lawyer, give him all the necessary sites and give him us embassy in nigeria e-mail add and fax number, try everything u can.
zero ur mind and pray, we will all be praying for u.
remember to write in the forum as things unfold, so that people can brain storm and come up with new ideas