• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

CONGRATULATION !!!!Am glad that success rate on this forum is still 100%.It will never drop in Jesus name!Even if anybody number reach 50000 upward it will get to your turn b4 the end of september.Jercies,modest and all the marylanders am here for you oooo. So am waiting ...Wish you guys the best.

Congrats!!! I see say you don leave us for 9ja already.
Modest go join you let say around June or so... but me and MamaJ go come later (At the same time:D )

Congrats!!! I see say you don leave us for 9ja already.
Modest go join you let say around June or so... but me and MamaJ go come later (At the same time:D )

Temi,
I am so happy that your are now in the US.Men, ur case dragged so much that it got me very worried.Well sha all is well now, take ur time to adjust to your new enviroment.
You can get info about jobs,Apartment rent, cars etc on www.craigslist.com.

Just pray for we with high case numbers (2007AF22xxx).We shall join u there in No time.
Enjoy yourself.

doubledroy,baba aladura, modest,mamaj. pls reply this, abeg

my sister(a professional Nurse) entered US in August 2005 as a Legal Permanent Resident, Is she elligible to provide Evidence of Support for me?
Thanks In anticipation.

CN 30***

my sister(a professional Nurse) entered US in August 2005 as a Legal Permanent Resident, Is she elligible to provide Evidence of Support for me?
Thanks In anticipation.

CN 30***

Yes she is elligible to provide Evidence of support on the basis of her statue "legal permanent Resident".But she must be able to provide all other docs required.Please download this and read.
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...Affidavit+of+support&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
Wish you the very best.

Thanks In anticipation.

CN 30***

Why not inquire from the embassy to know if she would be eligible to be your sponsor.By my own understanding its either a US citizen or a permanent US resident that can stand as a sponsor But What i do not know is wheather they require the permanent resident to have been resident in the country for some couple of years.From your post, you sister has been in the US for less than 3 yrs.
Pls verify from the embassy and dont forget to post your findings on the forum for the benefits of others.
I hope this helps.

need lagos consular address

thanks for the advice given to me an very greatful .but one thing that came to my mind is contacting both kcc and lagos consular centre.
i stay in port-harcourt but dont know who to address the matter to in lagos consular center because i wnat to send them a copy for refrence case.
do any one know any address to use for me to notify the emberssy of change of my status from single to married .
thanks .
dayo

Hello everybody, nobody respond to my question above yet, please do.
thanks

The Account Balance doesnt really matter as long as your sponsor earns above the poverty level as outlined in the Poverty Guideline document.
As regards the tax forms, i think they are very crucial as it was stated as one of the requirement in the i-134 affidavit of support form.
I think the statement of Account ought to be current to be on a safer side.

Pls download the i-134 form for detailed information.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

thanks for the advice given to me an very greatful .but one thing that came to my mind is contacting both kcc and lagos consular centre.
i stay in port-harcourt but dont know who to address the matter to in lagos consular center because i wnat to send them a copy for refrence case.
do any one know any address to use for me to notify the emberssy of change of my status from single to married .
thanks .
dayo
How are u doing.Since ur number is not current Lagos consular office might not answer u,is better u contact KCC on there e-mail addy for better and relaible answer

Embassy contacts

thanks .
dayo
Here are somer contacts
http://abuja.usembassy.gov/ [website American embassy]
lagoscons2@state.gov) e-mail address Lagos embassy
consularabuja@state.gov e-mail Abuja Embassy

Consular Section, Lagos (Visas)
(Visas and American Citizens Services)
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Nigeria
Telephone: (234)-1-261-0050/0078/0139/0195/1414/6477
Fax: (234)-1-261-2218
Specific questions about individual visa cases may be directed to the U.S. Consulate General by emailing lagoscons2@state.gov or Fax: 234-1-261-5916

Consular Section, Abuja (Visas)
(American Citizens Services)
Embassy of the United States of America
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area, Abuja.
Telephone: (234)-9-461-4262
Fax: (234)-9-461-4171
E-mail: Consularabuja@state.gov

hello

oliveboy, pls get intouch with the embassy, it is very crucial, but if u are single u may not need the sponsorship, just shw an evidence of usd 10,000 and u will be ok.

babaD, pls get intouch with kcc, send them scanned coppy of marriage cert, some photographs and make sure u do not delete their responce to u, u may need tham as evidence for ur interview, best of luck.

I must say am no longer with the way we potray this high case issue, it is rather discouraging, we have all agreed in prayer that God will do it, pls let us remain undouted as we have always been and put all our faith in God, He has started it and trust Him to finish it.

Jcries and MamaJ and every other person God is alive, stann wey you now, abi na by style u dey perform for the forum. Temi, how DC or MD where u dey.

Thonia na wah, i hope say u don dey make dollar, Obinna wetin happen now, 2tee and Wld, the house is missing u, Big up house

HI Sinexworldwide

tanx so much for the info, God will bless you real good.
Please I have a question to the house, my Sponsor sent me his Bank Statement which expires June this year( I can't remember precisely) but there's no Tax Return Form inside the package he sent and even the balance in the account is not that encouraging unlike here that someone has to have millions in account before you can present it at the embassy, i hope this doesn't mean? then the tax return stuff, do i still need this? although in the Affidavit of support he sent, he has a very nice asset , please, i really need advice on this. Thanks.

Hi Sinexworldwide,
going by the progression of the numbers, you should be current in July meaning that you cannot use the bank statement since it will expire in June. For the balance in his account, the main important thing is that it has to be above the poverty level and should be enough to take care of an additional person. The asset he has is also an added advantage for you.
From those that have already gone for their interviews, the tax form is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy neccessary, u know America is a tax society not like Nija.
If I'll advice you, I think you should wait till your number becomes current, recieve ur second package so that u can know the details of what you need from your sponsor, send the info to your sponsor so that he in turn can send them to you.

hello mamaj
im mikabubakar im suppose to have my interview in the next 4 weeks from now so i need your advise please on how to go about this proccess thats my 2nd package will take 4 weeks to get nigeria which i can't wait for but the problem is i call the consular in lagos but could not get thru wanting to know if i need any identification paper so i could pick up a medical and police report form so as to go ahead which my medical check up b/f my parcel arrivals in lagos pls i need an advice from u mamaj or my good friends in the forum thank u ,may god bless u all:D

Hi Mikabubakar,

Since you live in Lagos, then go to the embassy. Go with the letter from Kcc stating that you are a winner to prove u won and also the letter from Kcc stating that you have been scheduled for an interview in 4 weeks, they will give you the medical form to go for your medicals and also the other things that u need to do.
For me, the most important is the medical form so that u can do ur test and get ur results before the day of interview. But to be honest Mikabubakar, am suprised you are asking this question coz we have talked about this several times at the forum. So please go to the embassy. Have a great weekend house.

hi houx

Congrat! Benja and others,
I like that which means we still have more experiences to come on our way soon. And i pray, ours w'll also be part of the experience to relate to the houx. I mean Good and pleasant one.
All those who w'll be having their interview this month and there after i pray for something better too in ur life.
Have a nice weekend.:) :) :)

hello mamaj
thank u for ur reply ,i understand what u just said about the forum ok,but some time i do miss some information ok,
but what is there is that i did 't sent an e-mail but call kcc so what other identification can i use pls do reply to my question ok,
im i to paid $375 for my visa fee and later paid the balance or i hv to paid the whole $755 on my interview day pls do reponse ok

Re:Hello

oliveboy, pls get intouch with the embassy, it is very crucial, but if u are single u may not need the sponsorship, just shw an evidence of usd 10,000 and u will be ok.

babaD, pls get intouch with kcc, send them scanned coppy of marriage cert, some photographs and make sure u do not delete their responce to u, u may need tham as evidence for ur interview, best of luck.

I must say am no longer with the way we potray this high case issue, it is rather discouraging, we have all agreed in prayer that God will do it, pls let us remain undouted as we have always been and put all our faith in God, He has started it and trust Him to finish it.

Jcries and MamaJ and every other person God is alive, stann wey you now, abi na by style u dey perform for the forum. Temi, how DC or MD where u dey.

Thonia na wah, i hope say u don dey make dollar, Obinna wetin happen now, 2tee and Wld, the house is missing u, Big up house

Hi All,

Thanks to Modest for asking after us.

I am with the “House” 24/7; always reading through the thread everyday.

I must say that I am highly impressed with our commitment, enthusiasm, perseverance, dedication and encouragement on this forum. I am also happy with the quality of advice that comes out of our joint efforts of brainstorming over issues that bothers on our collective purpose.

The forum has become resourceful and I think we should find ways of preserving the contents for the generations of DV’s coming behind.

Truly, I really don’t know what will emerge/become of this forum when everyone eventually obtains Visa to USA but all I know is that this forum is one of the best things that happened to me as a Nigerian. I want at this point stop and say thank you to JRCIES for taking the initiative.

Some days ago, stumbled on what turned out to be her first post on this forum:

"Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria"

“Hi All!
Pls I'd like all DV 2007 winners from Nigeria to meet here,so that we can rub minds together as to how to go about processing our case until we receive the VISA.

Thanks,”​

Little did she realize that she was about to impact and affect positively lives of so many people she hadn’t met.

We must give honor to whom it is due; Jrcies thanks once again.

I also want to say thank you to the whole “House” (of which am part :D ) for sharing your heart with us and not holding back. I am bold to say that it was because of God and you guys that 2Tee and myself are in Atlanta today.

Friends, the import of what God has done and will still do for our members cannot be appreciated until years after. We must praise God for counting us worthy of this blessing and honor. Therefore, let us hold fast our confession, zeal, and confidence that we started out with to the end (Heb 10:35). Faithful is HE that has promise.

Please prepare ahead not just for the DV Visa, but also for what lie ahead. There bound to be new opportunities, new challenges, new paradigm shift, change in tradition & beliefs, change in carrier/profession, misinformation, meeting new people and ultimately, victory. All these spell preparations.

Where is Obinna? Please speak out!

Regards

I just received my Congratulations letter for DV-2008. I am Mexican but I claimed my husband’s native country.
-My case number is 2008EU00014XXX.. Is my number high?
-I am currently working in the U.S. under a TN visa. Should I do AOS or CP?
If I choose CP, my interview would be in Cd. Juarez, Mexico. Thank you for your help!!

Affidavit of Support Form I-134 or I-864 which is recommended for DV?

Ladies/Gents,

I will appreciate if you can guide me correctly on this: My sponsor prepared I-864 Affidavit of Support document. I was thinking it suppose to be I-134. Do you have correct idea on this? He is my (Relative) uncle. Can either of them be used for the purpose of Affidavit of Support? I have written to KCC & Lagos Consular office for a guide, but I don't know if they will respond. I will be glad for your guide.
:confused: