• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

to Mikabubakar

case number 13****
1st nl sent
but second not yet
but interview on june :D
hello mamaj i have been observate of ur forum for sometime, i would like to thank u guys for a job welldone ever since i started reading ur posts with some of ur friends i find out that i hv really gain a massivelly from this forum even to the extend of given some vital information to my agent which is preparing me for my interview.:D
now with the information hv gain im ready for the interview in june 2007 with my wife and i would like the room to pray for me also for a successfull cp at the embassy and u guys with high case number pls dont give up the faith ok believe in god that says with him all things are possible and i will be praying for we all to be in god own country thank.
mamaj pls i will need ur phone number so as to call u i need some things to clarify before my interview

hi Mikabubakar,

To set the records straight, this forum does not belong to me. Jrcies started this forum, she's the one that u shd be thanking for thinking about starting something has beautiful as this:D meanwhile i thank God that u got the information that u were looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
My name is Ben. I have been a secrict member of this great forum right from the beginning.I just did my interview on 27th of this month and will like to shear my experience for my quota for forum.I believe that everything is God and composition.
No one in this forum has fail because of the anwsers to questions the members of this forum have been dealing with.I give kudos to every one.
Every thing about my interview was perfect.

1)A DV 7 tag was giving to me when i came in.
2)I paid the interview fee which was $375.00.
3)I was called to turn in my doc.
4)I was also called to swear an outh and did fingerpinting.
5)Around 12 noon, i was call at cubicle 7 for interview.
Meanwhile two people have failed.
Based mostly on the issue of non compsition and not being able to defend both there qualification and maraiage within the winning of the lottery.
So my guys be well prepare.

My interview went thus;
Q, What's your name?
Q, Where were born and when?
These three questions were anwsered based on what i filled in my form.
Q, Where did you school and what course? A, I mentioned my school /Geology
Q, What types of rocks do you have in nigeria? A, Mentioned the three types of rock.
Q, Do they teach about rocks in geography? This question was because i did well in my WAEC Geography.
Q, Have you maried? A, No
Q, Have you children? A, No
Q,Why did it take you up to 10 years to graduate from university? A, Financial Contraint
Q,Are you working? Then explain what you do at work. A, I explain what i do.
Q,When are you travelling? A, As i get My visa, i will the prepare.
Q, when will you marry? a, When i get to America I will the prepare.

The white woman smiled and presented a pick up letter to me.
This is my submission to the forum i hope it will help others.

Thanks and God bless.

congratz

My name is Ben. I have been a secrict member of this great forum right from the beginning.I just did my interview on 27th of this month and will like to shear my experience for my quota for forum.I believe that everything is God and composition.
No one in this forum has fail because of the anwsers to questions the members of this forum have been dealing with.I give kudos to every one.

Based mostly on the issue of non compsition and not being able to defend both there qualification and maraiage within the winning of the lottery.

My interview went thus;
Q, What's your name?
Q, What types of rocks do you have in nigeria? A, Mentioned the three types of rock.
Q, Do they teach about rocks in geography? This question was because i did well in my WAEC Geography.
Q,Why did it take you up to 10 years to graduate from university? A, Financial Contraint

Thanks and God bless.

Congratulations, man, This is God's doing, appears simple but you have been highly favoured, Remain Blessed, God has done a wonderful one, Halleluyah

My interview went thus;
Q, What's your name?

Thanks and God bless.

Congrats!!!

Morning House,
I'll like y'all to share your views with me.
My interview is set for the first week in June, everything is set, however I do not have a sponsor (I'm married and the principal applicant). 1) The only family I know in the states are Canadian citizens and not American. I dunno if that'll work for the interviewer. Not sure if Canadians have legal rights to work/live/file taxes. It's my desire to prove self-sustainability with our bank statements, don't know if that would help my case.
I don't know anyone in the states::rolleyes:
So guys share ur opinions with me.
or perhaps I should just mail lagoscons and get their take on this issue:confused:

Morning House,
My interview is set for the first week in June, everything is set, however I do not have a sponsor (I'm married and the principal applicant). 1) The only family I know in the states are Canadian citizens and not American. I dunno if that'll work for the interviewer. Not sure if Canadians have legal rights to work/live/file taxes. It's my desire to prove self-sustainability with our bank statements, don't know if that would help my case.
or perhaps I should just mail lagoscons and get their take on this issue:confused:

Hi Megiano,
From your postings u are married with kids, based on this the consular officer will require an AOS. Whether a waiver will be allowed I cannot say for sure.

I have noticed in some other countries this requirement is sometimes waived.

For niaja I don't think so. I guess u can ask for more time to source a sponsor.

I'm aware of niaja folks willing to help-shay u get!

All the best in your interview & success, we shall be praying for u.

Thank U Ubus

hello ubus
thank u for dat advice ok,i will be interview in 5 week from now but the 2nl letter will take 4 week to get to naija so i will need to contact the consular in lagos so lets pray for success and da house do pray for us which we do realie on,i will like to hv one on one talk with u about some issues pls i need ur phone number incase u don't want to reveal it on this forum than this mine 08059395555 u could flash for i to call u back thank u

Go with God

Morning House,
It will help to call the embassy and get their perspective; they may allow you to use the Canadian friends or alternative sources.
I suspect that if everything is otherwise okay with your application, they will be lenient on this issue [just out of human consideration/compassion]. I know that my cousin was given "extra time" to come back after his initial interview; just to give him time to sort out the sponsorship papers. It may afford you time to do some more networking- your Canadian friends may be willing to ask some of their American friends to help you.
Above all, go confidently with God; He has a way of controlling the hearts of men. It is well!!!!:)

Hello Benja, welcome and cogratulations!!!

Hello Benja and cogratulations!!! Once again, thanks for sharing your experience. You are welcome to contribute as much as you can.
To all members, both secret members and "open ballot" members, let us keep the good news coming. I see open doors before us; "Let the good times roll".

sponsor

Morning House,
megiano,
if you get to the embassy for ur interview, just explain that ur sponsorship document is not ready, they will give u time to come back and complete, ur case, so u have to attend ur interview, with or without ur sponsorship documents.
secondly, talk to ur canadian friend to talk to any body for u, that may help

My interview went thus;
Q, What's your name?

Thanks and God bless.

Another testimony showing the wonders of God
Congrats Ben.
please remember others in your prayers.

specific instruction on sponsor details

how is everybody and hope our hope is put in the lord that will not fail.thanks for all your advice and sugsestion. but i need more light on this
Can any one tell me the information I needed ,i mean
specifics,as per my sponsor ,what are the documents they
want him to present to send and how soon .
thanks

how is everybody and hope our hope is put in the lord that will not fail.thanks for all your advice and sugsestion. but i need more light on this
Can any one tell me the information I needed ,i mean
specifics,as per my sponsor ,what are the documents they
want him to present to send and how soon .
thanks

Hi,
For married people your sponsor must provide.
1. A Notarised filled out Form I-134
2. A verification letter from his/her employer.
3.Tax return for a year.I think in this case it will be for 2006.

What they want to know is if your sponsor is capable to support you. Like my sponsor ,he wrote that 'I intend to board,furnish and support in money and materials,food and transportation and other sundry expenses to dependants i will give dependants $750 in cash monthly and $300 in materials( food etc.) for 3years". He wrote that in section 11 of the form.

I think i that should be ok for the embassy .
Wish you all the very best.

Another testimony showing the wonders of God
Congrats Ben.
please remember others in your prayers.

CONGRATULATION !!!!Am glad that success rate on this forum is still 100%.It will never drop in Jesus name!Even if anybody number reach 50000 upward it will get to your turn b4 the end of september.Jercies,modest and all the marylanders am here for you oooo. So am waiting ...Wish you guys the best.

tax return form

To those of you that have high DV numbers, be rest assured that all will be interviewed. At the last month (september), all remaining numbers will be current (from the trend). Meanwhile please I will advice you to prepare very well because the last two to three months of the DV2007 will witness high concentration of interviews each month. Therefore the consulate officers “might” be under pressure (trying to cope with the high number of cases left within short period) and as such “may” not have the time to listen to flimsy excuses due to improper documentation and or unsatisfactory replies/answers to questions, which might lead to disqualifications.

I suggest that:
[1] Make sure you go through the information that you filled in the forms submitted last year thoroughly and get ready your documents to back it up accordingly. Questions ask will be base on information and documents submitted. Also hold 2 pieces of two-ear recent passport photographs.

[2] If you’re qualifying with your WAEC, just present the original certificate (you don’t need verification from WAEC). Also make sure you remember your grades in each subjects (e.g. A1, C4, e.t.c…) especially the one you have the highest grade. You could be asked any question on or about it, such as “tell me what you know or what you were taught in mathematics or english or biology e.t.c…..”, you should be able to explain satisfactorily. Just find some textbooks and refresh your memory.

[3] If you’re an undergraduate, either in degree or diploma you should be prepared as in [1] & [2] above and in addition know your matric number, course of study, level (e.g. 100L, ND2, e.t.c.), some courses taken in school (course name plus code number [GNS 101: Use of English, MAT 204: Mathematical methods, e.t.c..]). It is very important you could be asked any question on it, especially the major course if it falls within what the consular officer knows very well.

[4] To those that have graduated, served and or working go through [1], [2] & [3] above, in addition know your year of graduation, project title, reason for choice of project, year served, state or location, what you did in your service year and if you’re working (and have indicated it in the earlier form) I’ll advice you add your employment letter to your documents.

[5] To couples (principal applicant especially), you only need to submit you spouse birth & marriage certificates, police and medical reports only. Only you (principal applicant) will submit affidavit of support. Be familiar with [1], [2] and or [3], [4] above plus how and where you met your spouse, spouse date and place of birth, your parents and their date of births, spouse parents, when did you propose to your spouse, how long have you known your spouse, how long did you court, when and where did you marry, name, age and sex of your children, photographs (courtship & marriage), present occupation, questions about your sponsor such as name, relationship between you & sponsor e.t.c. It is more convincing if the couple appears in the same attire.

Note of Warning: Those of you that have married before you won the lottery have less worry but those that got married after receiving the 1st NL should be double prepare with every evidence they can have. The consular officers always suspect that they “might” have “arangee marriage” especially those that present registry certificate only. Please do your homework, ask yourselves many questions, plan accordingly and master it very well before your interview. The officer will interview you rigorously in order to determine that your marriage is not an “arangee” one. Come with your pictures, e-mail messages e.t.c. including that of your dating period to aid you in establishing your claim.

One couple was disqualified because they could not prove very well beyond doubt about their marriage. They told the officer that they met in the middle of last year and wed late last year. The officer suspects an “arangee marriage” and then fired them with series of questions they could not defend properly.

Above all be prayerful, to meet a lenient consular officer on the day of your interview because some of those officers can drill you a fault. Be confident and be compose.

This information is not exhaustive; its just a guide, you can still get more by going through the forum. This is just my own little way of contributing to the information base of the forum based on my experience.

Motto: Be Prepared

Please don’t forget to come back and give testimonies for the benefit of others.

I’m praying and wishing you all successful C.P. We shall all smile by the grace of God.

doubledroy

tanx so much for the info, God will bless you real good.
Please I have a question to the house, my Sponsor sent me his Bank Statement which expires June this year( I can't remember precisely) but there's no Tax Return Form inside the package he sent and even the balance in the account is not that encouraging unlike here that someone has to have millions in account before you can present it at the embassy, i hope this doesn't mean? then the tax return stuff, do i still need this? although in the Affidavit of support he sent, he has a very nice asset , please, i really need advice on this. Thanks.

hello

hello everybody, Temi am so happy for u, i hope u are settling down,
we are trying to do fine, enjoy, am sure ur ssn will soon arrive

Hi Megino,

I think you should write the embassy here in nigera, let them know that your sponsors are from canada and seek their opinion if this is okay.
If I were u, that's what i will do.