• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

baba agba,
congratulations to you.
but the agrrement is not to step aside, if we all go away after picking up our visas, this forum will thin-out and die a natural death, i feel u should contribute more to the forum now, because as u can see new people are coming into the forum and need answers to some sensitive question which u may be in a position to give details to having gone through the process.
i hope u will agree with me
thanks

Thank you Modest,
i was about asking baba agba that is that the way we have agree to do it, pls don't do like those lepers in the bible that got their miracles and never bothered to come and say thank you, am not saying you are not grateful to this forum but pls note that according to section 12 subsection 1.4 of the United republic of DV 2007 winners forum constitution does not permit anyone to step aside till the very end. So baba agba take note or else you will be sanctioned and these goes to all. (laughs) seriously no one is allowed to go away from this house till the very end.

Baba agba are you saying kyou have the visa already? if yes! glory be to God almighty. God bless us all.

hey take it easy now.

am on with u. the thing about this board is that it addictive. i check this board almost infinite times a day. so it is a great thing to have u guys. just have day and feel free to mail me anytime and i will continue to contribute to this board.

Mrunique4ril,
Congrats, thanx for your detailed experience. I lot of suspense and intrigue one will say!

I wish you and your family success in your future plans.

Congratulations

Hello Everyone here,this is mrunique4ril again,It's always good to be here and i really appreciated people here in the Forum...we are truly "ONE FAMILY" Thank God for internet!
Well i attanded my interview yesterday and i wish to share my experience with people here may be somebody might gain one or two things.
I,my wife and my 2children got to lagos on Tuesday night and we decided to sleep in the car where we parked at NAPEX due to some my financial crunchness...The mosquiteos there were Kings of mosquitoes but despite the fact that it wasn't convinient,i was busy saying some prayers.
I was the No2 on the queue,and we were all told to open evry sealed envelope,no phone,no mirror,and things like that must be taken in...but one of the security one was suppose to allow us in rejected my wife's passort photograph,and i begin to feel somehow that we have not started anything yet and we have been encouter problems,but i still keep praying within me... so we had to leave the queue and went to make another passport. When we got back,we were the 2to the last on the queue. we finally got in and a tally was given to us numberd DV*9... paid $400 at the counter and balance of $ 25 was given back to me....we went to sit down our number was called at window 12 which is upstairs, we got there and met an Igbo woman who was not welcoming at-all...she requested for my birth certificate,mariage certificate,SSCE,OND,HND,envelope in the medical result and our international passports....she only requested for my wife and children birth certificates...and my sponsors documents which were not completed,but i was very brave that NOTHING DEY HAPPEN".she asked me to go and sit downstairs.
Our number on the tally was called agian at window E,we went there and the OYIBO woman swore an oath and took our finger prints.
We couldn't find seat to sit,so we had to stand while we carried our babies...Can you imagine all the stress? The lady security who was afterthe stair case was very rude...but i was not moved by her rudeness...later a security guy got spaces for us upstairs to sit....and we went up to sit.
We made friendship witha young couple,but have no kid yet...they are older than us but i gave birth early cos am still at my 20's....This couple were called before us at window 12 and after about 13minutes interview al long letter was given a letter,they guy's face was full of smile and somethings whisper to my heart that they've "GOT IT"... He came to shake me with smile and said "we got it"
A guy whose wife is pregnant was called at window 9,and he was asked the following questions:
Q:Where were your born?
A:Ebute Metta
Q:where?
A: Lagos.
Q:When did you write your SSCE?
A:JUNE 2006
Q:What is Commerce?
AI didn't hear what he said.
Q:tell me something about Biology?
A:I don't like Biology as a subject.
Q:how come you score C6?
A: It's God..
and later the interviewer stood from his seat and came back about 4minutes,and said that " YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ACQUIRE THE VISA UNDER THE DIVERSITY LAW" and gave a letter to the guy with their 2internation passports.
I fell so bad about that situation...and some other people for Invitations and school stuffs were called too...
At about 20minutes,my number was called by the same interviewer...My babies were already sleeping,i caried one and my wife one...when we got to the window,the guy told us that my wife should go and sit down with the kids...I took the documents from her...these are the questions and the answers i gave in return.
Q:When were you born?
A:Oct.3rd 197*
Q:where?
A:**** Osun State.
Q:You are serving in Osun State?
A:No,i have served,and i served at NIger state.
Q:I thought they give very married persons excemption?
A:No,the exception is meant for married women only.
Q:When was your second child born?
A:Oct **** 2006
Q:Did you attend unversity or Ploythechnic?what did you study?
A: I attended Polythechnic. and i studied Accounting.
Q:What was the title of your OND project? Where?Do your know the owner?A:Cost pricing in a Manufacturing company.Osun state..He's my brother's friend.
Q:when did you meet your wife?
A: Aril 4*****
Q:Really?how do you remember the date?
A:yes,cos she dare to me and i can't just forget everything about our meeting...is day is always a memorable day in my heart.....
And he become more interesting and sat properly, laughing!
Q:Where did you meet?
A:we met in a public bus..
He started smiling and continued
Q:Where were you going? Tell me more about your meeting?
A: Well,i was going on a visit to my best friend who works in Ekiti state and was already in the bus,she was going to see her grandmother,i sat beside her in the front seat and i launched a conversation that grabbed her attention...that is how we met...and becos there was GSM then i had to follow her to where she was going...
The Interwer laughed again and sked what about your best frind you were originally going to...
I answered that because i knew i will still see him..i should not let this beautiful damsel escaped...he laughed again and by this time we were talking very loud..and everybody was just lauging..cos i was very confident.
The interviewers are very intelligent,be careful of what to say but i will implore everybody to say the truth...It's Better to say the Truth.
He rolled back his seat and was talking another white girl on the computer....suddenly,he turned back his seat to me again and asked me my first child's date of birth...and i told him.... and the last question was..
Q:What is your matric number?
A:99/fms/acc/******
He picked up all our passport and started typing infomation to the computer... and later gave me a letter and told me congratulations!
That was my experience i hope by now you must have gained one or more things...
Hope that it will be well with other people who are waiting to go for thier interview...
I will Stay in touch even if i get the God's own country i shall still be one of the family.
Thanks And God's Favour for all!
BYEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

A BIG Congratulations to you & thanks for sharing your experience with everyone. For those yet to do their interview, rehearse very well, get a friend (if you are not married) or your spouse to give you a mock interview. Go over your questions several times and by the time you face the actual interview, you'll find out you are confident etc. Pls make sure thoush as mrunique4ril said that you say the truth because the truth always adds up but lies will not in the course of the interview.

Get your WAEC results etc & make sure you can say at least one intelligent thing about any of the subjects you took.

I wish everyone the very best.

[CASE NUMBER: 2007AF13XXX
NL RECEIVED: BACK TO KCC:
WAITING FOR 2ND NL
thank God we are current well im mikabubakar i too will be going for my interview in june so what's gonna happen now.
i hope the forum are praying for our success bcos im also praying for them for their case number to be current before the ending of the programme.thank u
But ubus what is the next step to take pls im willy to know thank u

Question!

Hello Guys,

If you have been following the thread in this forum right from the beginning, there is a question that seems very simple but has not been answered. The question is "Why did you want to go to the US?" Please could you guys/babes give some specific answer to this question?:rolleyes

Again, if you are asked "Where are you from?", what will you say. I know someone has thrown some light on this in the past but can we throw more light on this.:confused:

Hello Guys,

If you have been following the thread in this forum right from the beginning, there is a question that seems very simple but has not been answered. The question is "Why did you want to go to the US?" Please could you guys/babes give some specific answer to this question?:rolleyes

Again, if you are asked "Where are you from?", what will you say. I know someone has thrown some light on this in the past but can we throw more light on this.:confused:

About "why you want to go to the states', u have to be as honest as u can when answering the question. infact, thats one of the easiest question if u asked me.
You can start by saying the situation in Nigeria tells it all. There's a high unemployment/poverty rate and u just want to better your life and that of your family and most expecially, ur kids/future kids.

fax copy

hello everyone....pls guys i need a quick response 2my question..thanks

i feel you can present a fax copies and tell them that you will come with the had copies when you receive them.
Tell your sponsor to post them after faxing

Godspeed

Hi Guys,
I just want to say that i missed you all and that i kept praying that every one in this forum will share good testimonies in Jesus. I am in Minneapolis in USA now and i have an interview to attend today pls keep the spirit alive and pray for my success too. LOve you all and we all shall meet ourselves here in America in Jesus name Amen. Congratulations to those that have got their interview through .
Mauriceeta
Just wishing you Godspeed on this new venture. Keep the forum posted on ALL further developments. I see you quickly left Nigeria just few days after collecting the visa [automatic alacrity:D ]
It is well.

Old post

Hello Guys,

If you have been following the thread in this forum right from the beginning, there is a question that seems very simple but has not been answered. The 1]question is "Why did you want to go to the US?" Please could you guys/babes give some specific answer to this question?:rolleyes
2]Again, if you are asked "Where are you from?", what will you say. I know someone has thrown some light on this in the past but can we throw more light on this.:confused:

1]This was my old post on the first question.
The 1774 U.S. Declaration of Independence states inter alia that "..all men ..are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights. Among these are the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"
This has become summarised as "The American Dream".
Sounds to me like a very good reason to come to America

Simply to seek better life and opportunities that people talk about in America.

2]It appears that the consensus on the second issue is that it should be the city and state where you were actually born; preferrably it should match what you wrote on your DV lottry entry form [refer to the computer print-out]

Hope

How are we holding on folks? I mean especially those of us with high case numbers.
I know it's not that easy and could be or is quite worrisome living with this fact.
I was going through the archive of the past bulletin and couldn't help but noticed that even last year's Dv (06), Nigeria had jumps twice, in the beginning of the Fiscal Year Oct and Sep.
From the archive, this has been going on since 2002( a jump atleast ) and I am sure/hope this year will not be different from others.

Looking back, Dv06 was even more slower than DV 07 and at the end,all Dv 06 was current by Sep, so guys, I still see hope at end.

Pls, let us ( with high case numbers) be encourage and not loose hope as I see us smiling at the end.

Let keep faith/hope alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi people.whats up ?how is the waiting game going?im doing just great and am a lil over getting too excited else i burst an artery in my brain.i need this life.
hey peeps ,i'm plannig to go to Lagos soon to do my WAEC verification thing.I just wanna ask;how long does it take to get it.pls i need answers.

STANN
STILL WAITING FOR THE BIG LEAP

hello im mikabubakar,i 2 im going for my interview in june 2007 so what is waec verification,what importancy does it has for our interview :confused:

hello im mikabubakar,i 2 im going for my interview in june 2007 so what is waec verification,what importancy does it has for our interview :confused:

Hi,
Please take the pain of reading thru the entire thread and am very positive that you will find ALL ANSWERS to your questions. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: