• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

sameffiong said:
Please you guys should not misinterpret my write-up. I know it is the prayer of everyone to make a better life for himself and his/her immediate family. I think that is the reason we are all srambling to go to United states. US looks good but there are some bad side of it too. Two years ago, a colleague of mine in the office won a lottery and left with her family, I called her some weeks ago to know how life is over there, guys, she sincerely told me that infact life in Nigeria is far better compare to United States with respect to the place and kind of job she was doing in Nigeria. A colleague of mine at school also resign from schlumberger and went to the United States with lottery and regletted ever leaving the country.

Today, a colleague of mine in the office told me of the email sent by her cousin ( a qualify Engineer ) who was doing very well here in Nigeria, later left the country with lottery and end-up lamenting of the kind of suffering they are going through over there in the United States. An American in my office told me that getting employed in an industry in United states in not an easy task! These are true life stories.

With all these I will not find it funny leaving my good job here in Nigeria to go to US and serve one scrap white guy or do any kind of job for survival. I still have my pride to keep. Nigeria might be corrupt but we still have that pride. So it is really annoying when I here of the way the consular officer treats my people at the embassy as if United States is heaven on earth or jobs and money is in the street of New York.

Life over there is not as easy as we think. I will advise that if you have a very good job, please go through the Internet, trying seaching for a job and secure a good one before leaving the country so that life over there could be easy.

I pray for the success of everyone during the Interview and also be success when you get over there.

Thank you for the word of Advice, I think job search should be primary b4 one step out of this country. But i believe God will see all of us through.

We got our my second package yesterday and it entails a lot of Documentation.i will try and get most out for the benefit of people who are still waiting for the second package.

Thanks

Temi said:
Migo,

I believe if you can provide any of the 3 Bank statement,Affidavit of Support or job. Infact Affidavit of support is highly rated than the others, followed by job offer.I think you should start making your contact now to get them ready.

Hi Temi,
Many thanks to you for furnishing me with all that information. I will begin to make contact with my person over there in the US to see how soon I can secure an affidavit of support. Yet again, many thanks and G-d Bless.

Migo

sameffiong said:
Please you guys should not misinterpret my write-up. I know it is the prayer of everyone to make a better life for himself and his/her immediate family. I think that is the reason we are all srambling to go to United states. US looks good but there are some bad side of it too. Two years ago, a colleague of mine in the office won a lottery and left with her family, I called her some weeks ago to know how life is over there, guys, she sincerely told me that infact life in Nigeria is far better compare to United States with respect to the place and kind of job she was doing in Nigeria. A colleague of mine at school also resign from schlumberger and went to the United States with lottery and regletted ever leaving the country.

Today, a colleague of mine in the office told me of the email sent by her cousin ( a qualify Engineer ) who was doing very well here in Nigeria, later left the country with lottery and end-up lamenting of the kind of suffering they are going through over there in the United States. An American in my office told me that getting employed in an industry in United states in not an easy task! These are true life stories.

With all these I will not find it funny leaving my good job here in Nigeria to go to US and serve one scrap white guy or do any kind of job for survival. I still have my pride to keep. Nigeria might be corrupt but we still have that pride. So it is really annoying when I here of the way the consular officer treats my people at the embassy as if United States is heaven on earth or jobs and money is in the street of New York.

Life over there is not as easy as we think. I will advise that if you have a very good job, please go through the Internet, trying seaching for a job and secure a good one before leaving the country so that life over there could be easy.

I pray for the success of everyone during the Interview and also be success when you get over there.

Thank you so much sameffiong,
I quite understood your point, for me o o, Adebayo, i will not lament, i will not regret anything, i will have a complete testimony here in Nigeria, and even when i get there (USA), see my Bible made me realised that i will be harvesting where others can not plant, the bible says isaac was harvesting when others could not plant.
Even here in Nigeria, can we not see some people living fine, while others are living in cronic poverty? i am an optimist, i believe a man is the product of his thought, the best of the land is for me.
Thank you so much, let everyone stick to his/her believe and am sure all will be well. Cheers

Sam,
There are two sides to a coin. We are also faced with this delimma i.e resign or shuttle! Keep the family in the US and 'bread winner' shuttles.

Firstly, for those with kids America brings along educational opportunities and development, also bearing in mind moral decadence!!!

Secondly, welfare opportunities which u certainly can't get here i.e security, health, electricity, roads etc (comfort of life).

We have also spoken with Americans, their advice is that one should not rush to resign one's appointment here, check out the employment market in the US first.

Discrimintion still exists, getting a satisfactory paying job for most black folks is a challenge and enrolling for second/higher degree will certainly help.

I tell u most of us don't have much to hold-on to, hence the "grass will always be greener on the side no matter what".

Finally, everyone should weigh his/her options and commit it to the Lord in prayer.

Many thanks for your contribution.

my number is current this december is it ok if i sent kcc a mail to confirm my interview date? and when am to receive my second package.

i also have a problem of updating my o/level result with kcc, how do i go about it since my number is now current in december Af20070005XXX

please help

thonia2 said:
my number is current this december is it ok if i sent kcc a mail to confirm my interview date? and when am to receive my second package.

i also have a problem of updating my o/level result with kcc, how do i go about it since my number is now current in december Af20070005XXX

please help

There is nothing wrong in you inquirying about your second package from KCC since your number will be current in December.

About your result, did you include any to KCC in your NL sent to KCC?
I guess not, you only need to present your WAEC/CREDENTIALS on your interview day

Ubus said:
Sam,
There are two sides to a coin. We are also faced with this delimma i.e resign or shuttle! Keep the family in the US and 'bread winner' shuttles.

Firstly, for those with kids America brings along educational opportunities and development, also bearing in mind moral decadence!!!

Secondly, welfare opportunities which u certainly can't get here i.e security, health, electricity, roads etc (comfort of life).

We have also spoken with Americans, their advice is that one should not rush to resign one's appointment here, check out the employment market in the US first.

Discrimintion still exists, getting a satisfactory paying job for most black folks is a challenge and enrolling for second/higher degree will certainly help.

I tell u most of us don't have much to hold-on to, hence the "grass will always be greener on the side no matter what".

Finally, everyone should weigh his/her options and commit it to the Lord in prayer.

Many thanks for your contribution.

Ubus
thank you for your words, this is rather encouraging than being staying on wrong side of a story. Good luck to everyone.

thonia2 said:

please help

Hello Thonia2,

Please send a mail to KCC ASAP to confirm your date,your 2ndletter should have been despatched by now. Send a mail to kccdv@state.gov with subject to be your Casenumber , state your case number, date of birth and full name as appeared in the first letter.

The body of the letter can be like this :

Hello sir/madam,

My Name is ................
My Case Number is 2007AF000*****
My Date of Birth .............

I am one of the winners of the DV2007 lottery, I
received the first package in April and i mailed back
May, and am waiting for the second letter.Please i
want to know if my Interview letter has been sent
because my number showed current for December.

Thank you .

For the O/level i dont really have enough information about it but you can call the lagos consular to get more info about it .

Thanks all for the advise, i will forward a mail to enquire,

Meanwhile the other issue on my waec is that i have a combination of three results but have used two through university, while the other was left out (secondary sch) cause i did't have any credit. But later re-took in another secondary sch. and had 4credit, same year i did gce and made 3 credit, which i used to gain admission.

The problem now is while filling the forms i indicated my first secondary school and the second leaving out the gce.

please help

thonia2 said:

Meanwhile the other issue on my waec is that i have a combination of three results but have used two through university, while the other was left out (secondary sch) cause i did't have any credit. But later re-took in another secondary sch. and had 4credit, same year i did gce and made 3 credit, which i used to gain admission.

The problem now is while filling the forms i indicated my first secondary school and the second leaving out the gce.

please help

Hello thonia2,
By my own understanding of this thing, i don't see reasons why you should be bothered about your result, you are going to prove to the consular that those results actually belong to you, KCC has nothing to do with your result, the form you filled will be sent to the local embassy here in Nigeria, it is at the time of your interview that you will present both the original and copies of your credentials to the consular, i don't think they are concerned about the number of times you did the exams, just make sure you have 5 credits to buttress your claim. Make sure you get your 2nd packet and get set for the interview, put all your papers together early enough to avoid rush. good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
thonia2 said:

please help

To add to what pastor Adebayo, :p If yours is a combination of three(3) regardless of it been G.C.E or WASSCE,it doesn't really matter,the buttom line is, you have up to five(5) credits or more.
Basically, what the consular officer will want to determine during your interview is, if you have the required credits that is needed to quality for the DV,with these I think you will be fine.

Do note that the reason why you sat for the G.C.E was to complete your O'levels by this, there is no way you would have stated that, in your forms.

You were asked to states the school attended which you did so....

Chill my Sista

jurice, you are wonderful and helpful, infact everyone on this site is just wonderful, i never knew that the question was the institutions attended, i thought maybe to verify the 5 credit requirement you have to state were you earned it from.

anyway am presenting my results were i earned my credits for waec verification.

thanks all you all made my day

Af20070005XXX

thonia2 said:
jurice, you are wonderful and helpful, infact everyone on this site is just wonderful, i never knew that the question was the institutions attended, i thought maybe to verify the 5 credit requirement you have to state were you earned it from.

anyway am presenting my results were i earned my credits for waec verification.

thanks all you all made my day

Af20070005XXX

And lastly Thonia, please be checking your mailbox regularly,your second letter should be here this week or before end of nextweek.Wishing u best of luck.

Inquiries

Can someone help with process of known when response to KCC was received and possible visa interview date my no is 2007AF00007*

Verification Of Waec Result from Yaba

Please can any one help out with the actual amount for the verification of GCE/WAEC result from Yaba Lagos.

I went there today and the lady is talking about N5, 000 Naira and sworn affidavit, Please someone should help out here.

Regards,

yebomi said:
Please can any one help out with the actual amount for the verification of GCE/WAEC result from Yaba Lagos.

I went there today and the lady is talking about N5, 000 Naira and sworn affidavit, Please someone should help out here.

Regards,

N5,000 is what is charged per result. If you are combining results you pay N5,000 per result (2 sittings =N10,000.00) and with sworn affidavit to confirm ownership of result

please read thru this forum, u will get answer to ur que. And by the way bros, if you are 7* , i xpected you to have been current by now. good luck.

sinexworldwide said:
please read thru this forum, u will get answer to ur que. And by the way bros, if you are 7* , i xpected you to have been current by now. good luck.

What do you mean been current

ROSMOJ said:
What do you mean been current
r

Expect your letter late this month or early December,with your number 7***, you should be current by january and to know the meaning of current please read through this thread from the beggining. U will get the whole gist.

Temi said:
r

Expect your letter late this month or early December,with your number 7***, you should be current by january and to know the meaning of current please read through this thread from the beggining. U will get the whole gist.

Thanks. The Visa fees will it be paid only by the principal or by each applicant accompany.