• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 Tracker

Hi everyone, i am new in this forum. My husband won the 2007 Dv lottery and he was notified on the 27th of April. We are all in the United States at the moment as students. His Visa expired but he has a valid I-20 (which makes him legal to be in the US). We are kind of contemplating about going for the AOS or going home to get the Visa. How long do you think it will take for us to adjust our status in philadelphia. His case number is AF00065xx.

Check out this website. It has information about how the case numbers progressed through out the years. With his low number most likely you will be able to submit your application for the Adjustment of Status in October. You should have plenty of time, but in reality nobody never knows how long it can take. If you read this board you will find that some people gets adjusted in less than 3 months, but it might take much longer.

http://www.clalar.dk/dv-lottery/viewtopic.php?t=47

Australia - 1st notification rec'd in Sydney 28April 2006

Australia - 1st notification rec'd in Sydney 28April 2006

NL printed 28March2006
NL postmarked 23April2006 (posted from Sweden?!)
NL rec'd in Sydney 28April2006

Why would they wait almost a month to post it?

Last edited by a moderator:
hello everyone,

I received my notification of DV 2007 on 04/24th.

my home country is Tanzania.

I am planing to return to my country for CP as I am out of status. I do not even want to call USCIS to ask about processing for Adjustment of status. They might arrest me as my lawyer told me.

Could someone please answer my following questions.
-----------------------------------------------
I was wondering when do they start interviewing.

-----------------------------------------------
DSP - 230 #25

They ask about presence in USA from and to dates. Should I put " N/A " because I am still present in USA while sending this package to KCC.

------------------------------------------------------

thank you for your information and hopefully other users get notifications too.

Just Got my DV Winning letter!

Hi there,

I have just received my congratulations letter for DV 2007 last week. it was date 4/18/2006. :)
If any one can asnwer this for me: I have obtained my GC through another program, and i'm eligible for citizenship next year, but my wife still on F1 visa. If I started the DV process for me and my wife, will I be able to keep my current status (one more year before I can apply for citizenship) or am I going to start all over again (5 more years)? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
If you haven't got your DV winning letter yet, don't worry, because they have just started mailing these out. I think they will continue mailing them out until June! Good Luck!

GCard_Dream said:
If you are the lucky winner of DV2007 and have recieved the first letter, would you please inform us the date you received your first letter and your country of origin.

Lot of us are just hoping and praying that we get selected and desparately waiting for that first letter. Your information might give us some clue as to when the letters are supposed to be arriving and if there is still any possibility that one of us might receive that letter, which I have been waiting for past 7 years :( .

Please feel free to post any information with regard to DV 2007.

KEEP THE GOOD NEWS COMING!

DV 07 winner from Africa

I have received my cong. letter last week date 4/18/06, and i'm from Africa. Good luck all!

funshy said:
can i meet anyone from AFRICA who is also a dv2007 winner or dv2006 winner

salut

voila quelques questions que je voudrai trouver reponss.

1/pour la premiere page de formulaire:DPS-122 :

the country you listed as your native country on your diversity visa program application.
in most cases ; this will be the country where you were born . you may also claim the country of birth of your husband or your wife. in addition ; you may claim the country of birth of either of your parents ; if neithe of your parents lived in ; or was born; in the country where you were born.

donc pour cette question : je suis ne au maroc ; mes parents aussi sont nes au maroc ; j'ai pas de femme ; ni enfants ........alors est ce que je dois juste ecrire comme reponse MOROCCO OU je dois mentione que je suis du maroc et mes parents aussi.

2/ education:

pour l'education ; moi j'ai une licence ; ca veux dire en anglais university degree?

dans la meme question :ils demendent:

names and address of all schol ; college ; and unversity attended :

mais l'espace n'est pas suffisent pour ecrire toute l'adress des ecoles.

......pour lma dexieme page du formulaire:DS-230 part I :

ya une question que je comprend pas vraiment ; c'est la question numero 23 :

23 /list below all educations institutions attended:

je sais pas si cette question c'est por moi ou pour les enfants ; car c'est la meme question que la question concernant l'education posee sur le premier formulaire; et en plus ils ont mentione juste school and locations .

pour la page 3 DS-230 part II

QUESTION numero 29 :

name and address of petitionner : c'est koi petitioner ?

voila pour l'instant quelques question que je comprend pas ; merci de me repondre svp .

DV2007 Results

Hi,
Anybody from India, Sri lanka, Parkistan received DV2007 letters??
Or any one from that part of the world.
Also would like to know if you received while in USA.

Thanks and Congradulations for all who received this wonderful news.

HOPE2007 said:
Hi,
Anybody from India, Sri lanka, Parkistan received DV2007 letters??
Or any one from that part of the world.
Also would like to know if you received while in USA.

Thanks and Congradulations for all who received this wonderful news.

I am sure you already know this, but unless they were born elsewhere or could claim another country of birth (through a spouse or parent), those from India and Pakistan are not eligible for DV-2007.

Sorry I was not thinking

Actually I am from Sri Lanka. So I was refering to that part of the world.

Sorry for not thinking clearly. This waiting is somewhat stressfull.

Please let me know anyone from asia (Sri Lanka) got DV2007 letters.

BTW: I'm in Nevada (LV) so if anyone received DV2007 Letters to Nevada Address let me know. Thanks.

Sahafi said:
Hi there,

I have just received my congratulations letter for DV 2007 last week. it was date 4/18/2006. :)
If any one can asnwer this for me: I have obtained my GC through another program, and i'm eligible for citizenship next year, but my wife still on F1 visa. If I started the DV process for me and my wife, will I be able to keep my current status (one more year before I can apply for citizenship) or am I going to start all over again (5 more years)? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
If you haven't got your DV winning letter yet, don't worry, because they have just started mailing these out. I think they will continue mailing them out until June! Good Luck!
If you already had a Green Card, why did you even apply? :confused:
Of course you should wait 5 years from the date on your new GC to apply for citizenship. And, I don't think they would issue you a second GC.
Why did you need this when you could apply for your citizenship in a year? Maybe, if you did not enter as a principal applicant, your wife could have won?
You can file for your wife's GC after you become a citizen.

bahadur007 said:
From a "small" country in South America...

congratulation

never knew bahadurs come from South America too :=)

My Sister received a leter yesterday. The number is 2007AF11xxx. When do you think she might be invited for an interview

Anyone received a letter whose native country was UAE?

Do they send letters based on the native country or the country you live in? I live in the US - not letter yet :(

Origin72

They send letters based on the address you gave them. And remember not everyone receives a letter only those who win.

Eu11***

Hi, my wife won GC (number EU11***). When is approximately priority date for that number?
The problem is that we are in US and our 6-years H status expires on 12/03/2006.
Can we submit the documents for AOS and CP in parallel?

Can you extend you H status?So you would be eligible for AOS.
Here are the possible ways:

-Labor Certification pending for more than one year with DOL.
-Any Time you spent on vacationing during your H status.As long as you have some kind of way to prove it you can add that time frame while applying for H1-B again with USCIS.

According to Visa Bulletin March 2006(DV 2006 only),Rank 11000 and below were eligible from EU.One can predict it might be the same time frame next year for your rank to become current as well.

Regarding CP & AOS paralell... I would advise to Check KCC and USCIS both for a clear answer.That might be hard though.

Good Luck!!!

Jugnu786 said:
Can you extend you H status?So you would be eligible for AOS.
Regarding CP & AOS paralell... I would advise to Check KCC and USCIS both for a clear answer.That might be hard though.
Good Luck!!!

I expected that when I sent documents to BSIS on October 2005, I can get EAD pending and stay/work here till the priority date... So if I wouldn't find way to extend my H1b, I have to apply for CP and leave country, right? :mad: