• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 Tracker

Has anyone from Asia received any first letter yet? If so, would you please let us know.

Does anyone know what region order the NLs go out on? Do Australians always get the NLs first?

I got a notification letter for DV-2007 today... :D
My number is 2007SA000004xx. Wondering whether to go AOS or CP and how this will affect my employment based AOS.

bahadur007 said:
I got a notification letter for DV-2007 today... :D
My number is 2007SA000004xx. Wondering whether to go AOS or CP and how this will affect my employment based AOS.

congrats bahadur007!
personally I have decided to do CP. It's more predictable in terms of timing,
so it's easier to plan everything. Low numbers are usually among the first to get invited for an interview. SInce the begining of 2007 fiscal year begins October 1st, you could expect at best to get your visa and GC (physical card) within the months of OCTOBER or November 2006. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
wally212 said:
congrats bahadur007!
personally I have decided to do CP. It's more predictable in terms of timing,
so it's easier to plan everything. Low numbers are usually among the first to get invited for an interview. SInce the begining of 2007 fiscal year begins October 1st, you could expect at best to get your visa and GC (physical card) within the months of OCTOBER or November 2006. ;)

Thanks. I think I want to go the CP route also. Things seem to go a lot faster through CP. I am going to discuss various options with my company's lawyer first though.

Dates letters should be arriving for DV-2007

People, I just searched for this info in the www.travel.state.gov site.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

It says:

"SELECTION OF APPLICANTS

Applicants will be selected at random by computer from among all qualified entries. Those selected will be notified by mail between May and July 2006 and will be provided further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the U.S. Persons not selected will NOT receive any notification. U.S. embassies and consulates will not be able to provide a list of successful applicants. Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 of successful applicants may also apply for visas to accompany or follow to join the principal applicant. DV-2007 visas will be issued between October 1, 2006 and September 30, 2007. "

So letters arrive from 1st may 06 to 31 july 06 only.

Regards,

Carmen

Carmen123 said:
People, I just searched for this info in the www.travel.state.gov site.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

It says:

"SELECTION OF APPLICANTS

Applicants will be selected at random by computer from among all qualified entries. Those selected will be notified by mail between May and July 2006 and will be provided further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the U.S. Persons not selected will NOT receive any notification. U.S. embassies and consulates will not be able to provide a list of successful applicants. Spouses and unmarried children under age 21 of successful applicants may also apply for visas to accompany or follow to join the principal applicant. DV-2007 visas will be issued between October 1, 2006 and September 30, 2007. "

So letters arrive from 1st may 06 to 31 july 06 only.

Regards,

Carmen

Yes, I've read that too... The point is, I received a notice from KCC last week as have several others. Why this discrepancy? I don't know and, frankly, I don't really care. I am just happy I received a notification. :)

bahadur007,

Congrats! When is the party? :)

Do you mind sharing what country are you from? I am just trying to figure out if anyone from Nepal has received any NLs yet. Please let me know.

Thanks.

spicegirl said:
There is still hope for those of us waiting for DV lottery. Per my conversation with a KCC staff member, they are already sending out notification letters, so keep looking in your mail box!
HI EVERY ONE I GOT MY LETTER DATED 6th APRIL SO YES THE LETTERS ARE OUT KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED AND I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST, I"M SO EXCITED AND SO CONFUSED ABOUT HOW TO BEGIN THE AOS PROCESS SO IF ANY OF YOU HAVE TIPS FOR ME PLEASE..MY CASE number 00004xxx

is that low?? :confused:

bahadur007 said:
Thanks. I think I want to go the CP route also. Things seem to go a lot faster through CP. I am going to discuss various options with my company's lawyer first though.

So would you have to return to your country to do CP??

blessed123 said:
So would you have to return to your country to do CP??

Well, according to stuff I've read, one would have to return to one's country of permanent residence prior to coming to the US, which may or may not be one's country of citizenship. In my case, my country of birth (in South America), country of citizenship (in Europe) and country of last permanent residence (UK) are all different.

bahadur007 said:
Well, according to stuff I've read, one would have to return to one's country of permanent residence prior to coming to the US, which may or may not be one's country of citizenship. In my case, my country of birth (in South America), country of citizenship (in Europe) and country of last permanent residence (UK) are all different.

Man.. you do move around a lot, don't you? So what's your next destination after you get your greencard in US? :)

GCard_Dream said:
Man.. you do move around a lot, don't you? So what's your next destination after you get your greencard in US? :)

I think I stay put for a while... Though it must be said that I only spent the first 1.5 years or so of my life in my country of birth. And I spent more time in my country of citizenship than I have spent in the US/UK combined. :)

As I said in an earlier post, I am thinking about going the CP route, but I'll hold off making a decision until I have spoken with my company lawyer next week.

What worries me about AOS is whether they will be able to complete processing in time before the end of fiscal year 2007. For one, from what I've read, I would have to wait until my rank comes up (sometime in January 2007 based on the DV-2006 results) before I can even file the I-485. Then wait x months for an interview. I've already been waiting since September 2005 for an interview date for my employment-based AOS (still no date... though this may be because EB3 (All Chargeability Areas) currently has a cut-off date of May 2001). Perhaps DV applications are processed more quickly, but I wouldn't hold my breathe. Others have gone through AOS with only several months to spare before the end of the fiscal year. That's just too nerve-wrecking in my opinion.

If I pursue the CP route, I can file my application now. The way I see it, KCC will have until October to process my application. When my rank becomes current, I am guessing, I am in line with only thousands of other applicants for an interview slot at the consulate in London, rather than tens of thousands at the JFK Federal building in Boston.

dv2006 winners-> pls help us DV 2007 winners

SO far the info on this thread has been soo helpful with puttingthings in perspective, so this is what i have put together as steps for (us) the new winners ( dv2007)

1. Decide whether AOS or CP
2. If CP mail out forms 230 part 1 and 2, and 122 to KCC include photographs ( could be done immediately)
3. If AOS ( of interest to me) mail out form 122 ONLY! to KCC include photographs, and then take packet to local USCIS for further instructions ( they should give you the package for filing AOS to Chicago)
4. IF CP WAIT! to hear from KCC re: your interview appointment
5. If AOS WAIT till october before filing, after October 1, go to visa bulletin and check for whenyour number is current, then FILE

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I HAVE ANY OF THOSE STEPS WRONG.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY WHEN WE FILE AND HOW THE CASE NUMBER WORKS, i went to our local USCIS and was told that i could file to Chicago as early as august, not before, but i thought one can get disqualified if they file too early( before october)

ALso when should we send our payment to PA? Now or when we file?

HELP PLS!! the lawyers dont seem to know much about the DV process, i want to be able to do everything in time so that it will be a smooth process

thanks

This is just my opinion. If anybody thinks that I am wrong, please, correct me.

blessed123 said:
SO far the info on this thread has been soo helpful with puttingthings in perspective, so this is what i have put together as steps for (us) the new winners ( dv2007)

1. Decide whether AOS or CP
2. If CP mail out forms 230 part 1 and 2, and 122 to KCC include photographs ( could be done immediately)
3. If AOS ( of interest to me) mail out form 122 ONLY! to KCC include photographs, and then take packet to local USCIS for further instructions ( they should give you the package for filing AOS to Chicago)
4. IF CP WAIT! to hear from KCC re: your interview appointment
5. If AOS WAIT till october before filing, after October 1, go to visa bulletin and check for whenyour number is current, then FILE

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I HAVE ANY OF THOSE STEPS WRONG.

Re: #3

I dont think you have to take any package to USCIS for further instructions. All the forms are available on their website and also on this discussion board you will find more useful information than any USCIS officer would tell you. The problem is that USCIS personell that answer all the questions during the Info pass appointment are not the ones who approve the cases and they can tell you some wrong information. I learned this myself when I was told some things that were completely wrong.

blessed123 said:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY WHEN WE FILE AND HOW THE CASE NUMBER WORKS, i went to our local USCIS and was told that i could file to Chicago as early as august, not before, but i thought one can get disqualified if they file too early( before october)

On this discussion board there have a lot of discussions about that. One opinion is to wait until your number shows up in the Visa Bulletin on the Department of State website (they release a new bulletin every month around the beginning of a second week), then you sent your AOS application package to the USCIS. This is what I did (hopefully I have enough time to get adjusted). Other people say that you can submit the AOS application before your number shows up in the bulletin, but other people say that is risky because then USCIS can say that there is no available visa for your so why are you filing AOS and reject you application.
As I mentioned before be careful with information that you get from the USCIS during the Infopass. When I went there I was told that I can submit AOS application only after October 1.

blessed123 said:
ALso when should we send our payment to PA? Now or when we file?

HELP PLS!! the lawyers dont seem to know much about the DV process, i want to be able to do everything in time so that it will be a smooth process

thanks

I sent DSP-122 in July or August (I dont remember exactly) and my check to the Pittsburgh around the same time.

I dont want to scare you or anything but may be you should wait with sending your check and your documents untill the Senate decides about the immigration bill. There is a part where they talk about eliminating the diversity lottery beginning October 1, 2006. I dont know if it will affect DV-2007 winners or only DV-2008. I really really hope that they will NOT eliminate the lottery.

It wont be scrapped ( Dv 2007)

( hopefully not)

We'll just have to keep praying and hoping, this win is a miracle for me especially considering my circumstances... graduation in may/job search under F-1 status (opt) and I'm sure for a lot of people who have been playing the lottery for the past couple of years, meanwhile remaining in legal status while in the states, and abiding to the laws... I mean if illegal immigrants are being given a reprieve, it will be surely unfair for those of us who are in the states legally and who win the dv lottery (legally)... to have it snatched from under our nose... I pray the Americam lawmakers will pass 'fair' and meaningful laws

the illigal immigrants pay also years and years of thier life away from families and parents ,wives and children , maybe up to 10 years , to keep thier lives good , and to put thier families in a human life level, they also need to pray for them

dont be tuff and pray for your case , may God bless you

I got my DV2007 NL this week dated 28th March.

Can those who received DV2007NL confirm that on the congratulations letter there is no logo for the State Dept. I wonder why this is? All other forms state Dept of State but the main letter does not carry the logo like it used to.

Just a plain paper with no coloured background. I saw samples elsewhere of prev NL which was purple in color and had logo. Unless this has changed from last few DV lotterys?

Also i am new to this so can anyone confirm that the case number will determine the visa interview month/date. If so why do we have to send all info asap? If our case numbers are low cant we just sort of take time and send it before Oct 2006.

I am really worried DV2007 will be cancelled and we have no hope. Has anyone got any info on this from KCC

Thanks

OC00005XX