• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 Tracker

My letter was just a white sheet of paper, not colored.

Yes, the case number will determine the interview date.

Yor case number is not that low. It could become current in March, April or even in July. Check out this website, it has a history of how the numbers progressed since the lottery started:

http://www.clalar.dk/dv-lottery/viewtopic.php?t=51

Anyone from Las Vegas?

Congratulations to everyone who just got a Notification Letter!!!! :)
Is any of you in Las Vegas? I think we will all keep checking our mailboxes everyday regardless of the DV... but wouldn't it be nice if we could have a yes-no answer, instead of just wondering for three months? Maybe in a perfect world... :rolleyes: Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you who post your experiences online, they are of so much help!!! :cool:
Regards,
Melissa.

Husband won DV 2007 today april 21st 2006

Decided to go for consular processing, since we already have one adjustment of status petition (NIW case) in the works...Number is in the 1700s- that's low, I hear.
Does anyone know how long before we get "second letter". In general, what's next?

Finally!!!!!!!!!!

After filling out the lottery applications for 13 years for my sisters, yesterday I finally got a NL for one of them. And, not only for my sister, but also for her husband! 2 winners from the same family! :) :) :) I couldn't believe my eyes... Should we ignore the one with a greater number?
My sister's husband is here on tourist visa, which expires on October 5, 2006. Can he do AOS, and my sister/w children - CP? He should probably apply for the extension of his visa first, right?

we definitely got a letter. it is not a fake. sorry guys. but i am sure they will send some more later. lottery number EU 17XX
Good luck.

anyone from AFRICA who is a winner

can i meet anyone from AFRICA who is also a dv2007 winner or dv2006 winner

funshy said:
can i meet anyone from AFRICA who is also a dv2007 winner or dv2006 winner

Hi funshy Im from Africa dv2006 winner but my number is not yet current. Are you a winner from Africa....?

Gripe

It doesnt seem fair that all letters are not sent out at the same time.

And why are they releasing letters earlier than they say in the instructions?

It seems like some people will have an advantage over others in sending back the paperwork because those who get earlier have more time?

Mandazi said:
It doesnt seem fair that all letters are not sent out at the same time.

And why are they releasing letters earlier than they say in the instructions?

It seems like some people will have an advantage over others in sending back the paperwork because those who get earlier have more time?

Not really. No visas are available until the start of fiscal year 2007 which starts October 1st, 2006. By then, everyone should have received notification. The only advantage that some will have over others is their rank within a region (South America, Europe, Africa etc.). Those with lower ranks should receive an invitation for an interview before those with higher ranks once fiscal year 2007 starts. What ranks are current will be published in the Visa Bulletin every month.

those who receive the notifications earlier have more time to do the medicals and get their documentation+finances together, dont they?

Mandazi said:
those who receive the notifications earlier have more time to do the medicals and get their documentation+finances together, dont they?

If one goes for consular processing, one would have to take the medical in the country where the consulate is located (a list of approved doctors is provided by the consulate). This typically does not happen until one is called for an interview, which won't occur until after October 1st, 2006.

If one goes the AOS route, one wouldn't even be able to file the I-485 until one's rank is current.

Yes, those who receive notifications earlier do have more time to complete the application but this difference is probably academic for most (it takes less than a day to complete the forms). Also, I believe the notifications are sent out in rank order, so the notifications are more or less received in the order that ranks should become current.

bahadur007 said:
If one goes for consular processing, one would have to take the medical in the country where the consulate is located (a list of approved doctors is provided by the consulate). This typically does not happen until one is called for an interview, which won't occur until after October 1st, 2006.

If one goes the AOS route, one wouldn't even be able to file the I-485 until one's rank is current.

Yes, those who receive notifications earlier do have more time to complete the application but this difference is probably academic for most (it takes less than a day to complete the forms). Also, I believe the notifications are sent out in rank order, so the notifications are more or less received in the order that ranks should become current.
bahadur007,
are you sure about the medical? can't we do it with an approved doc in the US, even if opting for CP?

I'm curious about medicals for CP myself. I just did medicals for employment I-485, and I wondering if I can reuse it (ask doctor to fill up another form with duplicate information). Though, a Consulate might want to have current medicals instead of a half year old one.

Does anyone know how much time should the medicals take? It took 3 days here in the U.S. to get results back, I bet it might take longer in the Eastern Europe.

The consulate in London mentions on its website that all medicals are outsourced to a private hospital in the UK.

Also, a friend of mine initially applied for AOS, then changed to CP. He had to take the medical again in the country where the consulate was located.

Meanwhile, I've decided to go for AOS after all... I've read enough experiences to convince me that it can be done in time. My lawyer listed the pros and cons of AOS and CP and that he had clients who had successfully completed one or the other. It was basically up to me. Just the thought of getting stuck abroad for weeks on a technical detail finally settled the issue for me.

Hi, I got my DV-2007 winner letter last week; the number is EU2xxx.

I would like to go for an AOS. I called the USCIS and they told me to prepare forms I-485, G-325A, I-693 medical exam, I-765, notice from the KCC, I-94, current visa copy, checks, copy of receipt for $385 from the Department of State (PA), and two pictures and wait till my number comes up.

Do I need to send any forms to KCC or just a check and the short five-line form stating my name, case number, and number of people I am paying for?

Last edited by a moderator: