Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

Yes, Approved Labor is valid for ever. But if the I-140 case is denied due to H1B violations of the company, then you cannot use the labor again. It will be denied again.

Re: hi naanshi

Originally posted by nelabor
When Filing a New 140 can it be done from a different Service Center like VERMONT

Your Question is not very clear. If you change employer, who comes under Vermont Service Center jurisdiction , then yes, you can file it in VSC.

My Question was

If a person has Labor Approved from Iowa. Then files a 140 from Nebreska Service Center. Unfortunately gets the 140 Denied. Now can the same person with the approved Labor Apply 140/485 from Vermont

Re: My Question was

Originally posted by nelabor
If a person has Labor Approved from Iowa. Then files a 140 from Nebreska Service Center. Unfortunately gets the 140 Denied. Now can the same person with the approved Labor Apply 140/485 from Vermont

I don't think it is possible. I am 95% confident about this.

Hi naanshi

So he can only apply 140 from the Same center using the Labor Approved. Is there a limit on number of times 140 can be applied for a Person

F1, AP and EAD.

Hi, guru,

I have several questions and hopefully you can give me some answers.

1. Before my wife submitted EAD, AP, and I-485 with me (concurrent filing), she was in F1 status, my question is: does the submission of EAD, AP, and I-485 automatically invalidate her F1 status? In other words, what status is she in now, F1 or some other status?

2. If the answer for the question #1 is that my wife loses her F1 status, is it possible for her to go back to F1 in the future?

3. If I go back to my own country and use AP to enter US, can I still use my H1B to work assuming I use a valid H1B to work before I go back or do I have to use EAD to work?

Thanks!

fiveice

naanshi

Ginnu,
After six years H1B visa expired, after using AC21 with EAD, without 7th year H1B extension, if I-140 gets denied,

1. How much time a person will have to file another I-140/I-485 immediately?
------ I read in other post that you are going to hit 6 years on H1b if that is the case you can file 7th year H1 extension based on pending I-140, if you used EAD then you cannot file 7th year H1 as H1 extension can only be filed if your have valid H1, valid I-94 and EAD not used. If your I-140 is denied you can go for appeal but I have seen 955 appeal cases are rejected but filing appeal gives you time to stay. If I-140 gets rejected and you have other LC that can be substituted for new LC-140 I think one must file immediately. You need to contact your lawyer for a good answer depending on the situation
2.Will it be possible to file, 7th year H1B extension after denial of I-140?
----- If one is still maintains H1 status and have any base of pending LC more than 365 days or I-140 filed or I-485 filed then one can file H1 extension, if not on H1B status then one cannot file H1 extension
3.While 290B Appeal is pending, is a person allowed to stay in USA?
---- YES till you get results
4. Can a person file 7th year H1B Extension, based upon the 290B Appeal pending? (Already an appeal is pending since Jan 2003)
------- I think NO
I don't have any choice, but I have to use AC21, after 180 days of I-485 Receipt Date. Otherwise I may loose my project, which I am working since 2000.

NOTE:
My current sponsor is willing to do all the things to help me, even after I use AC21 rule.

I-140 RFE

I heard that the response to I-140 RFE is usually assigned to the same officer who issued the RFE. Is that true? Can anybody here confirm it?

NSC received my response to RFE on 1/27/04, but it's still pending. My RFE is a simple one and I replied the next day after I received it, expecting to see the approval in one week, but.........:confused: Anybody has the same experience with RFE?

Yes, Your reply will go to the same officer. I am 200% sure of this.

From various postings, so many people are still waiting after replying to their RFEs. Looks like some officers are immediately approving the RFE cases (within a week) and some officers are keeping it for some time, processing new cases and come back to the RFE cases later.

RFE for my case.

Hey Guys!!!

I also received a RFE for my case. I just saw the online status for additional documentation!!

As of now I have no idea what that is ?

EB2-CP-July16 LIN-03-222-xxxxxx

EAD & AP question

I got a RFE for my I-140(EB3, RIR) before my EAD and AP are processed. Does anyone know whether they will suspend the processing my EAD and AP until the RFE is replied and a decision is made about my I-140?

Thanks,

mimihu and cadence,
I am also like you guys, waiting for long to get a response to my response !!

Response to my RFE was received on November 18 2003, and I am still waiting. Looks like all our cases were handled by the same (forgetful!!) officer, who doesn't go back to clear the RFE cases. Don't know what to do :(

sertra2002 : Thats a very long time for approval..I would strongly recommend you of talking to NSC through your lawyer.