Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

Raju..can u tell me which threads you guys discussed about the things you mentioned? I will be filing my I-140 sometime in May and i want to go through the CP option too..I have my Masters from here and have been working for 4 years now.. but the thing which confuses me is this - looking at the tracker, EB2 non concurrent seems to be taking a long time,but my colleagues and friends PD of May 03 non concurrent,EB2, got their approvals in 3-4 months..so am debating the options of EB2 or EB3..

puhrince

If you want to go CP route,
1] make sure your employer can provide you all the doc's necessary for you.
2] Employment Offer Letter should be notarized.
3] You should be prepared to visit Embassy in foreign country (India, Chennai in my case) at a short notice.

EB2/EB3.. I have been watching the processing times for about a year and half now. I have never seen EB2 being ahead of EB3 by more than a month. Where as, now, EB3 is ahead by more than a month. I have seen some cases getting RFE's because of improper documentation for EB2 cases more than EB3 cases. So, to me, by going for EB2, you have added risk because of more closer scruitiny, AND no real added advantage.

For EB2, the officer will concentrate on few more things than he would for EB3.
1] Does the candidate qualify as an Exceptional Ability candidate ?
2] Does the Job Position REQUIRE Advanced Degree candidate ?
3] Did the candidate had PROGRESSIVE work experience ?

I don't know the original intent of having EB2 and EB3, but it looks like and I am sure many would agree that even the service centers are treating it as extra burden to verify these (added process). It is also some people's belief that NSC in particular is very stringent on these things.

Those discussions were in ROBOCOP's previous thread. I could not find it, so.. But the above is the content.

GINNU has posted some important points in one thread for new filers at NSC which I think is very helpful. Go through them thoroughly.

I have compiled one document on Consular Processing. This is a very poorly drafted (Actually collection of some of the messages and e-mails). If you find it useful, Please go through it.

Raju..thanks..that was some collection on that document !
well i know my job dosen't require advanced degree bcos my labor certification application says that bachelor's degree needed..maybe thats why?
other than that, is there a difference between EB2/non concurrent and EB2/CP option? my colleagues who got their approvals within 3-4 months - both had non concurrent option,but they hadn't asked for CP or AOS..so am wondering does it make any difference to the processing times, based on your case..curious as to why yours hasn't been processed as yet

I do have master degree from US does it matter

My labor had required master degree its EB2. I have master degree from US, I was wondering it it matters, but also mine is labor substitution case. RD is Sep 24, 03. It is based on future empolyment and my sponsor company has around 30 employee. What are the chances I would get I-140 aproved and what date range. Please throw your opinion. To be frank with you freinds it's make me nervous quite often not able to sleep..this is so f'd up sorry to use this kind of language.

what ru worried about?? i didnt understand..getting approved? of course u will get an approval, but i think the processing times vary based on the case..thats what i have learnt..

puhrince

I don't think there is difference between Non-concurrent and CP option as far as the processing time is concerned with.

When I was preparing to apply for I-140 (May '03), it used to be 2 to 3 months for EB2 and 3 to 4 months for EB3 at NSC. I have observed that for long time. Now because of some priorities and other issues (for ex.. religious workers, Asylum, H1), I-140 was worst affected.. atleast that is what I believe. In that EB2 Non-concurrent and CP cases were worst affected.

I hope we see good number of approvals in all categories pretty soon. (We are already seeing it for other categories except EB2).

based on what you say and what i see, shouldn't your case be the first one to get cleared? how come others(whose PD's are in Oct) are getting their approvals before you (EB2, CP) ..or is it just bad luck ?

puhrince,

it is just good luck for those who got approvals in oct, nov, dec , jan.. out of 500 cases may be 3-4 cases/week gets approvals for these months, but currently I think August cases are the ones that BCIS is approving in large numbers. Also they have not completely approved all the apr, may , june, july cases.. There are probably 5-10/200 cases (mainly CP, etc cases) per day in these months that are still to be approved.. These are bad luck ones..

Totally concur

puhrince,

I totally concur with dasarihp_newid. Guys like myself who got I-140 approved in less than 5 months are really lucky ones. Cases like this are really random.

Also if you look today, the other member Vijayp'c case got approved on 02/25. He applied only on 11/10 and his was a EB3 CP case.

I think these kind of cases go to expereienced officers and after they verify the details they approve it immediately. In fact I was expecting my case to be approved only somehwere in April or May going by the trends.

I feel sorry for cases like dbsraju where they have applied very much in advance when compared to us but are still waiting for approval.

I only wish those cases get approved faster. Other than wishing there is nothing we can do to speed up the process. That's the way the game is played with BCIS.

Good luck to guys who are waiting for 140 approvals.

DA

Originally posted by dasarihp_newid
puhrince,

it is just good luck for those who got approvals in oct, nov, dec , jan.. out of 500 cases may be 3-4 cases/week gets approvals for these months, but currently I think August cases are the ones that BCIS is approving in large numbers. Also they have not completely approved all the apr, may , june, july cases.. There are probably 5-10/200 cases (mainly CP, etc cases) per day in these months that are still to be approved.. These are bad luck ones..

so by the current trend, you would concur that its EB3 cases which are getting approved faster than EB2? at least for CP..?

I am waiting for my I-140 approval (EB2-RIR-CP) since May 2, 2003 ...

I have changed my home address 9 months ago ... and I have sent my Change of Address 'AR11' form to INS ...

Is this enough ? Can anybody tell me if I need to do anything more .... and also how can I verify that the address is updated.

please help !

GUYS!!!

There are lot of people in EB2-CP category, who are waiting for their approval since May-June or July. Its been more than 8-10th month. These BCIS morons are not doing anything for our case.

Can we do anything..can we raise this as an issue to someone ..apart from our company or lawyer???

Officially we cannot say anything because these guys posted that processing April cases. F'd up people are processing april from last 6-8 months. Are they just sitting and watching cases..??

rseth, i think something went wrong in the cases between apr-jun.. bcos i have seen people from jul - oct , EB2/RIR/CP and EB3 getting approvals..something seems to be stuck somewhere out there..

puhrince : But my case is filed on July 16th.. and the same thing is going for me too. Either these guys are delaying or sending a RFE(another form of delay). This is becoming frustrating ....

What p3ercentage of i-140 case get rejected

What are the percentage of I-140 get rejected. Also my case which is labor substitution case in EB2 category, filed for future employment and company is typically 30 employees compnay with 2 million revenues anually. What are the chances of rejection.

NSC Ways of working

Hi everyone, I posted this message in I140 excel scanner results thread, but I believe that is not the right place. I am putting the contents here again.

It looks like when NSC move to next month for processing I140s, they totally forget about processing the cases of previous months. Mine is pending for close to 12 months (filed in early Mar 03), no RFE, no approval, follow up by Attorney, no reply, customer service just sucks. Using tracker, I could see that there are about 30-40 pending cases of Mar 03. In some of the threads, I saw few cases of Feb 03 and many cases of April 03 also pending. Is there any way out or we have to go through this mental torture continuously. Is there any thing that can be done to handle this mess or bring it to notice of NSC. Can some thing be done on similar lines as done by Immigration.com for I485 cases by filing law suit.

How can we forward our request to Rajiv to take this up also on similar lines as he is doing for I485. Can robocoop, ginnu, naanshi and senior members help in this matter. Any suggestions or any leads. Thanks

Re: NSC Ways of working

Originally posted by nsc_sufferer

How can we forward our request to Rajiv to take this up also on similar lines as he is doing for I485. Can robocoop, ginnu, naanshi and senior members help in this matter. Any suggestions or any leads. Thanks

my 140 is approved. There is nothing i can do. its upto you to come up with something.

i feel like everybody is filing complaints from normal immigrants to judges and NSC is only approving applications for the baby who cries the loudest. :)

there are two ways to approach this. either, everybody stops complaining and NSC finally comes to prcessing at a predictable rate and pace, or everybody who wants to get anything done puts in a complaint. the second approach according to me is more effective and the first is more ideal. personal choice.

(if you feel you posted this on a wrong thread, please take time to delete the message so that others dont have to waste time when they are looking at the other thread and reading an irrelevant post)

Rfe Please guide

I have 4 Yr Bachelor degree in Mech and 6 yrs exp. Have received the following RFE
"Provide evidence that the Benf possesses BS in Computer Science or a "Computer-Related" field. Please note, an engg Degree is not considered to be "computer-related" unless the studies completed contain a major concentration of computer-oriented coursework like theory, fundamental and practical application"

Please advice what supporting documents should we provide INS

Can some one add my information to excel

I140
RD : Sep 15 2003
ND : Sep 22 2003
Section: Mem of Profession W/Adv Deg
LIN03273

Receipt for 485/EAD/AP Received

Receipt for 485/EAD/AP Received
All :

I-140 ND/RD -- 31-OCT-2003
Received receipt of 485/EAD/AP - Notice date 23-FEB-2004.

Can someone Please update the excel sheet. Thanks Everyone for the ideas and support during this delay of the receipt for more than 2 months

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginnu,
After six years H1B visa expired, after using AC21 with EAD, without 7th year H1B extension, if I-140 gets denied,

1. How much time a person will have to file another I-140/I-485 immediately?

2.Will it be possible to file, 7th year H1B extension after denial of I-140?

3.While 290B Appeal is pending, is a person allowed to stay in USA?

4. Can a person file 7th year H1B Extension, based upon the 290B Appeal pending? (Already an appeal is pending since Jan 2003)

I don't have any choice, but I have to use AC21, after 180 days of I-485 Receipt Date. Otherwise I may loose my project, which I am working since 2000.

NOTE:
My current sponsor is willing to do all the things to help me, even after I use AC21 rule.

Thanks,
Naanshi.