Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

Interview

I was in the Detroit DO building exactly half-an-hour before the interview time, however, I had to wait for an hour-and-half before I was called in. After raising my right arm and swearing "to tell the truth and nothing but the truth", I was offered a seat in the officer's little office and asked to present my Passport, Green Card and Driver License. While inpecting my papers, the officer asked why would I want to become a US citizen. Satisfied with my answer, he proceeded to go through the N400 application, reading it line by line and asking me if the info was correct or whether I needed to change anything - I had to add an overseas trip that I took after filing the N400, the officer added the trip dates to the form - no problem. Once done with the N400, the officer handed me a sheet with 10 questions [all from the 96 posted on the USCIS website] and asked me to answer them in writing while he went to xerox some papers. When he came back, he had me answer the same questions again - orally! Then he handed another paper and asked me to read a simple sentence and write an even simpler one. Done!

Afterwards, the officer asked me to write and sign my name on half-a-dozen different papers, then handed me an N-652 "Naturalization Interview Results" form with two lovely tics: one on the "You passed the test of English and US history and governmment" box, and the other - and more important one - on the "Congratulation! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremont" .....I can hardly wait!

Priority Date: Aug 25 2005
Finger Printing Nov 04 2005
Interview Letter Recd: Dec 10 2005
Interview Date: Feb 23 2005
Oath:??

Any one with PD of Dec-05 or Jan-06?

Hi
My PD is 10th January, but have not heard any thing about FP.
Anyone can share their experience, how long the FP letter takes to arrive and normally how many days notice they give?
Nakoo

Butan, Thanks for posting your interview experience. Can you please post when ever you receive your Oath Ceremony letter. That will real good to keep track oath ceremony dates for people having interview in similar time frame. I will be having my interview in middle of March. Thanks. :)

No FP appt notice yet from NSC. DO is Detroit

See my timeline below. Did anyone receive FP in this timeline?

I'm due to filing N-400 this July, I got my greencard thru marriage to a US citizen in Oct 21 2003. WHen eactly am I eligible to apply, would it be July 21, or to be on safe side July 30.
Detroit appears to be running fast. We are both full time students, and dont make enough to qualify to file for taxes, I didnt have tax returns when I got my green card and they didnt pay that any mind. I used affidavits as we live in my parents house, we have health insurance, and other stuff that show a shared residence. It wasnt a hassle to get my greencard so I'm hoping this one is fast, maybe I'll be able to get my oath by early Dec, as I'd love to travel to visit my ailing grandfather over Christmas.

Congratulations Butan and I hope u receive your oath letter very soon.

As for me, I was told that I have an interview scheduled in late March but so far no interview letter. I guess I will have to schedule an infopass and see if they can help me!

techguys,

without an interview letter, how do you know you have an interview scheduled in late March?

cp485 said:
See my timeline below. Did anyone receive FP in this timeline?

cp485 - Have you received the FP letter?? My PD is 1/10 ( DO Detroit), no FP letter till now

Nakoo

Gwong, I put in an inquiry w/ NSC and they told me that my file was sent to Detroit and that I have an interview scheduled. Still no letter though!

Receipt Notice - NSC/Detroit DO Case

My friend who I'm helping received his Receipt Notice today. Here's his timeline:

Mailed N-400 on Feb. 14, 2006
Rec'd at NSC on Feb. 15, 2006 (from tracking report)
Check cleared on Feb. 21th, 2006
Case appeared on USCIS Status system on Feb. 28, 2006
Received Receipt Notice on March 3, 2006 (PD: Feb. 15, ND Feb. 24)

The following is my timeline from a year ago -- his case is tracking right in line with mine:

Mailed N-400 on Feb. 5, 2005
Rec'd at NSC on Feb. 8, 2005 (from tracking report)
Check cleared on Feb. 11th, 2005
Received Receipt Notice on Feb. 22, 2005 (PD: Feb. 8, 2005)
Received Fingerprint Notification: Feb. 28, 2005
Fingerprint appointment: March 17, 2005
Received Interview notification: March 29, 2005 (ND March 24, 2005)
Interview appointment: June 22, 2005
Oath: July 18, 2005
Applied for passport: July 18, 2005 (expedited service, applied through local P.O.)
Received passport: July 29, 2005 (Chicago Passport Agency)

Received Interview Letter

Application Sent: 12/4/2005
Notice Date: 12/9/2005 (received 12/24/2005)
FP Notice 1/5/2006
FP Done: 1/10/2006
Interview letter notice: 2/28/2006
Interview: 5/15/2006

detroit is not too bad

Apps mailed to NSC: 1/3/06
PD: 1/5/06
ND: 1/13/06
Notice Received: 1/21/06
FP ND: 1/23/06
FP notice Received:1/30/06
FP Date: 2/7/06 in Grand Rapids, MI
interview notice date: 2/27/2006
interview date:5/9/2005

Interview in Detroit or Grand Rapids?

gwong: Is your interview in Grandrapids or Detroit? Where did you get your FP done? Detroit?