Detroit MI - N-400 Timeline

My Time Line - Detroit

Application Mailed:Sep 21 2005
Priority Date:Sep 23 2005

Hi Amy_Kellog, I think we will be on same timeframe from Detroit region. Please update timeline if you get any progress on your N-400. Thanks. :)

Hey All:

My spouse's PD is 8/23/05 and mine is 9/6/05. My spouse rec'd FP letter 3 weeks back but, I did not get one yet. I am very worried.

Anyone with similar dates out there have/have not rec'd their FP letters yet?

Any info is appreciated,

thanks,

Amy

Waiting for Finger Print Notice

Application Mailed:Sep 21 2005
Priority Date: Sep 23 2005

I am still waiting for FP notice from NSC. :confused:

FP letter received

Application Mailed: Sep 21 2005
Priority Date: Sep 23 2005
FP Letter Received: Nov 17 2005
FP Date: Dec 13 2005

I would like to keep this Detroit Timeline thread active. Looks like Amy_Kellog is the only active user using this thread. Amy_Kellog, please post your status updates. Thanks. :)

FP Done - Waiting on Interview Letter

hey Friends:

First off - Thanks JHA for your update. It really helps.

We did our FPs on 11/8/05. It was quick and the staff was very professional. They looked at our letters, gave us a number. Within few minutes we were called in. It was very quick - like 5 mins. We were in and out in no more than 20 mins.

Now based on JHA's timeline, I am hoping to get our interview letters by mid-December.

Have a great Turkey Day everybody.

- Amy

PS: KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE SO THAT DETROITERS CAN BENEFIT FROM THE KNOWLEDGE. ON THE OTHER HAND - MAY BE DETROIT OFFICE IS SO SMOOTH THAT THERE IS NOT MUCH TO COMPLAIN HENCE NOT MANY USERS :)

jha said:
I took Oath today at Detroit district court. Same judge, roughly same number of people (50+) from various countries. Just for info.
The process in brief:
You get checked by INS rep, who you hand over your Oath letter (answered and signed) and your green card.
INS rep hands you some papers, a letter from the President of US welcoming you and an handy book for USA Citizenship.
You take a seat in the courtroom along with other folks like you and their guests.
Judge makes his/her entrance, you all rise.
Judge outlines the procedures and upon which you stand up and raise your hand to repeat the Oath with the judge.
Judge's helper calls out the names and the judge hands you the certificate when your name is called.
At the end you may wish to get pictures taken in the courthouse with Judge and/or go home happy with your Naturalization certificate.
INS rep warns you NOT to laminate the certificate, unless you want to pay $220 for a new one and wait for over an Year (INS time frame who knows for ever)

Would be happy to answer any question/clarification needed.

Good luck to every one in the queue.

I can't thank enough to the members of the board, especially those who actively/willingly help and answer questions. Keep up with your well needed advices.
Im happy to hear your good news. It must have been one great day for you.

Im currently waiting for some action on my case. Havent heard from the INS since i did my fingerprints in june of this year. Hoping that something happens soons.

take care mate.
kirit

jha said:
I think you should get an InfoPass appointment (if you have not done already), call FBI finger check (if not done already) and bother some officials(Congressman, Senator etc, I have seen these mentioned quite often with positive results on this board.) to expedite.

Thanks, for sure a long immigration journey with some fruitful ending.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I called my senator and had her do a check for me, well her assiastant. Ill post results once i get them from their office.

I called the 1800 number and they sent me a letter saying my issue would be resolved in 60 days.

I made an appointment with infopass: just got back from there, and they said that my fingerprint clearence is still pending. sigh.

Well i think ill have to give the fbi a call to see why they dont like me. double sigh.

anything else i should do try?

kirit

Fingerprinting

Hello all,

I live in the Detroit area and appied for N-400 recently.

I got fingerprinted today at ASC in downtown Detroit (Chene Square Mall).

It was interesting that I got fingerprinted the old fashioned way, rather than on the Computer. Would this cause any delay or any extra processing?

My timeline is:

N-400 Priority date: Nov 10, 2005.
Fingerprinting Notice date: Dec 06, 2005
Fingerprinting date: Jan 07, 2006.

Thank you,
Nebulous.

Nebulous,

It could be that the automated machine was "down", its a computer after all and probably runs on windows too. They probably will scan your old-fashioned paper/ink FPs into the computer anyway.

To save yourself the nerve-wracking wait, have your A# handy and call the FBI number for FP inquiries sometime next week [during normal working hours]:
304-625-5590

It seems that in most cases it takes the FBI no more than one day to do their work and send the results back to the USCIS, who then take a whole month or so to send you the interview letter.

GOOD LUCK

PS: DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE DETROIT OATH CEREMONY DATES FOR 2006?

Thank You

Butan,

Thank you for your response.

Also, I have been trying to compile the Documents for the interview.

1. I had two traffic citations that were dismissed in Michigan, (Livonia and Novi). I do have soem kind of documentation that they have been dismissed. Do I need to get official letters from teh courts of the dismissal?

2. I had another ticket dating back to 1995, in Salt Lake City, Utah. That was also dismissed after paying fine and going thru school. My Utah Driving Record does not mention this. Do I still need to get the papers from the Court in Salt Lake City, Utah?

3. Would the tax transcripts from IRS be sufficient, or do I need to order the Tax Return copies using Form 4605?

Thank you for all your help,
Nebulous

N400 Detroit

I am also waiting on my interview letter....

Here is my timeline:

N400 Notice Date Oct 17th 2005
FP on Jan 3rd 2006

The interesting thing is that on the 25th my online status for the N400 changed from the usual message which says your case is being processed and might take up to 365 days to case cannot be found...does that mean my interview is coming up soon?

Another question....is Detroit scheduling interviews after the background check has completed?...meaning the oath might come in shortly after passing the interview?

techguy2 said:

Here is my timeline:

FP on Jan 3rd 2006

The interesting thing is that on the 25th my online status for the N400 changed from the usual message which says your case is being processed and might take up to 365 days to case cannot be found...does that mean my interview is coming up soon?

Another question....is Detroit scheduling interviews after the background check has completed?...meaning the oath might come in shortly after passing the interview?
From my own experience and by observing many others' experiences on this forum, I can say confidently that your interview letter is on its way.

techguy2 said:

Here is my timeline:

FP on Jan 3rd 2006

As mentioned by others, this on-line status change is a pretty accurate indicator that your interview notice is on its way to you. Watch for it tomorrow! This also signifies the transfer of processing of your case from NSC to the Detroit DO. The NSC actually does the scheduling of the interviews -- you see that the interview letter comes from them. The name check results may still be pending at this point, though they definitely have the FP results.

The oath ceremony is usually scheduled for 3 or 4 weeks after the interview (in my experience and that of many others). Two ceromonies are typically scheduled each week, with 60 to 70 at each.

Last edited by a moderator:
just to keep this thread alive....

Apps mailed to NSC: 1/3/06
PD: 1/5/06
ND: 1/13/06
Notice Received: 1/21/06
FP ND: 1/23/06
FP notice Received:1/30/06
FP Date: 2/7/06 in Grand Rapids, MI

just want to keep this thread alive...

Apps mailed to NSC: 1/3/06
PD: 1/5/06