I also received the FP Notice on 3rd.
DO- Detroit

Mailed - 1/6
PD - 1/10
NOA dated 1/18 - Received 1/20
FP Noticed date 2/24 received 3/3
FP Date 3/21...
Seems going well...

It seems they do batchprocessing, as every one waiting for FP notice has receved the same on 3/3

I'm finally done!

Good luck to you all.

Priority Date: Aug 25 2005
Finger Printing Nov 04 2005
Interview Letter Recd: Dec 10 2005
Interview Date: Feb 23 2006
Oath: March 09 2006

Received Fingerprint Letter - NSC/Detroit DO Case

My friend's updated timeline:

Mailed N-400: 02/14/06
Rec'd at NSC: 02/15/06 (from tracking report)
Check cleared: 02/21/06
Case appeared on USCIS Status system: 02/28/06
Received Receipt Notice: 03/03/06 (PD: 02/15/06, ND 02/24/06)
Received Fingerprint Notification: 03/06/06 (ND: 03/01/06)
Fingerprint appointment: 03/21/06 (Grand Rapids ASC)

The following is my timeline from a year ago -- his case is tracking right in line with mine:

Mailed N-400: 02/05/05
Rec'd at NSC: 02/08/05(from tracking report)
Check cleared: 02/11/05
Received Receipt Notice: 02/22/05 (PD: 02/08/05)
Received Fingerprint Notification: 02/28/05
Fingerprint appointment: 03/17/05 (Grand Rapids ASC)
Received Interview Notification: 03/29/05 (ND: 03/24/05)
Interview appointment: 06/22/05
Oath: 07/18/05
Applied for passport: 07/18/05 (expedited service, applied through local P.O.)
Received passport: 07/29/05 (Chicago Passport Agency)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Butan!!! When did you receive your oath letter? I though the oath is at least 1.5 months after the interview. Do you know how many oath ceremony are there per month at Detroit? Thanks

My interview date is 5/9/06 and my 3-week trip to China is on 6/8....I am afraid the oath will be schedule during my absence. Even if I take the oath before 6/8, I will not be able to obtain passport in time for the travel. Anyone has any suggestion what to do if you are in my situation (besides cancelling the trip)? Thanks

Based on the timing of others (including my own), you're very likely going to have to either ask them to postpone your oath ceremony or postpone the trip.

If there's no urgent reason for you to leave during this time, then I would postpone the trip -- sure there's going to be a cost, but if it were me I wouldn't take the chance of excessive delays. I don't trust the USCIS to re-schedule things like this without new problems coming up.

The only other option I can suggest is to tell them your situation at the interview and ask whether they could fit you in to an oath ceremony ASAP after it (assuming the interview went OK). Detroit typically holds two oath ceremonies each week so maybe they can fit you in sooner if you request it.

gwong said:
Congratulations Butan!!! When did you receive your oath letter? I though the oath is at least 1.5 months after the interview. Do you know how many oath ceremony are there per month at Detroit? Thanks

My interview date is 5/9/06 and my 3-week trip to China is on 6/8....I am afraid the oath will be schedule during my absence. Even if I take the oath before 6/8, I will not be able to obtain passport in time for the travel. Anyone has any suggestion what to do if you are in my situation (besides cancelling the trip)? Thanks

The interview letters that you recieve, were they sent from NSC or Detroit? Mine is scheduled for next week but I have not received a letter!

techguy2 said:
The interview letters that you recieve, were they sent from NSC or Detroit? Mine is scheduled for next week but I have not received a letter!

The interview letter is sent from the NSC -- looks just like the receipt and fingerprint notices.

Even the oath letter is from them, though I think at that point the actual scheduling is done by Detroit and NSC is just doing the adminstrative part of printing / mailing the letters.

got mine from Detroit

I got my NOA, Finger Print Notice from Nebraska Service Center.
But Interview and the Oath Letter were sent directly from Detroit District Office.

FP done at Detroit-N400

Hi,
FP done today at Detroit ASC. Now waiting for Interview Letter.
Does any one think I should check up from FBI regarding my FP, and if yes, when??

N-400 Mailed - 1/6
PD - 1/10
FP Done 3/21

PS: My dates (Detroit) are:
Eligibility date (5 years after gc): 12-25-05
Application Receipt Date: 10-1-05 (Applied 90 days before I became eligible)
Fingerprint date: 12/21/05
Interview date: 3/15/06

(EDITED ON 3/27/06 - BEGIN)
Received Oath Notification (Form N-445-Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony) on 3/27/06
Oath date: April 6, 2006
(EDITED ON 3/27/06 - END)

I took my passport, social security card, GC, interview invitation letter and the appointment letter of the new job that I had joined 2 weeks prior to the interview. I did not take any other documents that are mentioned in some other threads.

She struck out the section where I had mentioned my traffic citations. Apparently traffic citations are not to be mentioned in the area.

Pleae post oath ceremony date

I also passed my interview on Friday. Thanks2rajiv and techguy2, please post your oath ceremony day as soon as you receive the notification. It may all be on the same day. My interview experience is, exactly same as mentioned by other users. Same routine, same questions from 100 published list. Thanks to everyone.

My Detroit Dates

I updated my previous post.

But I am reposting it again.

My dates (Detroit) are:
Eligibility date (5 years after gc): 12-25-05
Application Receipt Date: 10-1-05 (Applied 90 days before I became eligible)
Fingerprint date: 12/21/05
Received Interview NOA: 1/7/06
Interview date: 3/15/06
Received Oath Notification (Form N-445-Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony) on 3/27/06 - Sent from NE
Oath date: April 6, 2006 at 8.30AM - US DISTRICT COURT - :)

Congrats citi_seeker.
We had our N400 interview at the same day, when did you receive the oath letter? and where was it sent from Detroit or Nebraska? Does it have a notice date/sent date?

Oath Ceremony

techguy2, I received Oath ceremony letter on March 31, came from Nebraska, it had Notice of action date of March 28th. Hope this helps

Online Status Disappeared- Interview Letter

Hi,
My online Status Disappeared today. Seems they are processing interview letter.
Nakoo
DO Detroit

N-400 Mailed - 1/6
PD - 1/10
FP Done 3/21