Detroit INS Transfer cases

GCMaster:

Same story here. No news is yet. Did you interview with Officer Casterline? The name of the officer is on the interview letter that we got. I am hoping something will happen by the end of this month. Next week will be 2 years since we submitted our 485.

Keep me posted if you hear anything.

dtw2001 how many day?

dtw2001,

How many day it took from rd in fact after infor that case trnsfed to dtw and u actually receieve notice date from the dtw office. my case transfed on 03/07/02. when can expect interview.
thanks?

Is any buddy there for answereing my questons?

Is any buddy there for answereing my questons?

Based on what everyone has been posting it takes about 2-3 months to get the interview schedule letter.

GCMaster did u hear anythign yet? Also did u interview with officer Casterline?

dtw,

Yes, it was the same officer..no haven't heard anything yet...let's keep waiting ...also are you applying for any EAD renewals..I heard that it is taking about 6 months to get EAD's now-a-days..

GCMaster

DTW2001/gcmaster

u both had the same officer....and have been waiting for a long time now..i had the same officer ..with similar results as u 2..have u guys tried contacting any senators........or congressmen or even officer Casterline himself?

GCMaster/DTW

Do you guys have the contact # of officer Casterline or new Homeland Sec. #s ? The tel # that Darlene Cass used to answer doen't work anymore.

As you might remember, my wife's interview was couple of days defore yours and she got her approval (just in time before the freeze). Looks like some people got their plastic card, 5 weeks after interview from DTW ex-INS. My wife didn't. For that matter, you didn't even get a response. Too erratic !!!

GC: Did you get your plastic card from Nebraska?

I can undertand your frustration and it might be a good idea that you visit downtown. I heard that its very efficient nowadays.

Hillbilly

hillbilly,

No I don't have the new telephone no..you should able to find it on www.immigration.gov

Re: My plastic: No, not yet..still waiting for it..

It appears from all the postings on this thread..the people who were interviewed by a particular officer haven't received their approvals..seems like everybody else's is going thru..the only explanation I can come up with is that.. the officer is probably posted to handle some other duties..so he put all these I-485 aprovals on the back burner..but in any case..its a very long wait..we are also approaching 2 years from I485 filing date...similar to dtw..I am planning on going there personally to find out when we can expect the approval...

GCMaster:)

Hi Oldtimers!!

Sorry to hear you still haven't gotten ur approvals, GCMaster and DTW.

Hillbilly, my wifes case was approved on 1/23/03 at DTW-INS and she already has her plastic card.

My case was approved on 6/6/2002 at NSC and I am still waiting for a plastic card.

:(

Called DTW office

Hi, Old/New timer I called DTW office today to find out about case my case tranfered on March 06. The lady over the phone saying file is not received at DTW office is this normal?

Thanks. How long it took for file in your case to reach DTW office.

Tahnks

GCMaster, INSNSCSucks

GCMaster, INSNSCSucks:

Have you heard anything yet? We are still waiting. I tired to seek senator's help. They were helpful in that they said our officer Casterline had been posted to bridge duty and would return to desk job on March 1. It has been over a month since then. Hope somehting happens soon. Is there something we can do to expedite matters?

Our ND is March 22 , 2001. It has been over 2 years now.

DTW2001

Our interview was on March 04 with Casterline...so I guess he was back from bridge duty...but we have been waiting for a response since then...when did u get in touch with the senator and which one???Pls do let us know ..........It looks as if there is no point in getting touch with senators either...

GCMaster

You were planning on going down to dtw office personally...did u go..and if u did..what happened...?would be a great help to hear from you.

Haigc

Has the local office started giving out information on the phone...because the last time I called they told me they have stopped giving info on phone and that I have to either write to them or meet them personally.....

thanks

Yes they did

Yes they did gave me info over the phone but said nothing but that my file in not reached DTW office. please call after 1 week.

it is 1 months since my file is transefered.

thnaks guys.

DET ins interview

My wife and I have been called for interview with officer: Sullivan. Please share any experience that you may have recently here at this center. They have asked us a bunch of std documents. Any tips on what not to miss out/interview Qs.
Any propable reasons for this transfer? I am with same employer but we got married 8 months before filing 485.
RD: Nov 8 2001
ND: Nov 29th 2001

thanks

Finally...

My wifes approval letter came in yesterday...DTW, INSNSCSucks hope you will be receiving yours with in a day or two...All the best!!

GCMaster
:)

GCMaster

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!It's great news that atleast for u the wait is over.

I hope the same happens for the rest of us as well.

DTW, INSNSCSUCKS

DTW: Our interview was in Dec 1st week..4th or 5th..

INSNSCSucks: I did go to Detroit INS..however they refused to give info on my wifes case as she didnot accompany me..however they asked me to fill out a form to enquire about the status of my wifes case..which I did...the lady at the counter told me to expect a written response with in a month after I put in the enquiry for status update...and we got the approval well with in that one months time frame..
So I don't really know if that personal trip to Detorit made any difference..hope this info helps..

All the best for you guys..I know how frustrating it can be with out updated information...we were about to apply for a third EAD for my wife...but keep faith in GOD..things will be resolved...soon.

GCMaster...Congratualtions....

My interview was also on Dec. 4 and I am still waiting for the letter of approval. My lawyer also told me that I may get FP again since it may have expired? MY FP was on March 2002..

When was your wife's FP done?.. I applied for my third EAD this week and may go to INS to fill the enquiry form..

Thank You,