Detroit INS Transfer cases

Guys:

You will not receive anything from local INS office other than the interview letter a couple of week before the interview when it gets scheduled.

guys,

I received Interview noctice for march 11th from detroit local office.

Transfer date is 2/11/03.

Got an interview letter today from the detroit local ins office. The interview date is march 13, 2003. Looks like there is some movement in interview dates. My case was transferred early feb 2003 from the louisville local ins.

Also, in the letter they have asked me to bring a lot of stuff for the interview including about 5 years of tax records? Also, they have asked for copies of Medical I 693 forms.

Has someone else got such a request too?

Thank you

I got my interview notice from detroit ins too. It is at 10:30am in march. But a friend told me that I have to be there around 6am waiting in line in order to get in by 10:30am. Is that true? Any experience in detroit ins will be greatly appreciated.

I was requested to bring 3 years tax return. I am going to the local IRS office to see if I can get it from there.

I also got my Interview letter from Local INS office. The interview is on 3/11/03 at 10:00am. My case was transferred on 2/10/03.
Any experiences on what they ask in the interview ?

Venus,

You should bring employment letter for your spouse and it does not matter where she is working.

You would have problems only if your case is through your wife and you are the dependent on the GC application.

Photos are the same style as in EAD and all INS documents, side profile.

About the documents the more you are prepared the better. Mor ethan likely they won't ask you for anythig when you are actually there. But better be safe than sorry. Soemone had posted a nice list of documents on this discussion thread.

Good luck and keep the board posted.

GCMaster have you heard anything on your case yet?

Hi GPW,

u do not have to go in so early. If you have an interview letter, you can simply walk in. You do not have to stand in line. From time to time, a security guard comes out and announces that if anyone has an interview letter, please come in. It says so on the information boards too.

try to reach an hour before the interview time.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
HI GCMaster and DTW,

In your cases, I think it might help to call DET-INS. Talk to Darlene Cass and tell her ur interview was over more than 3 months ago, and u still have not heard from them. People with later interview dates have gotten a reply already. Give her only this info (A#, Interview date and the Officer's name) to begin with. I think she will look into it.

I have talked to her many times ( 8 - 10 times over 8 months), and eventhough she sounds really curt, she has helped me almost every time. I think all my queries have been valid and your concern is very valid too.

Hope this helps.

:(

got my card

i got my interview in detroit on 29th jan and got my card in mail today.. my wife is still pending for approval. what a wait..

Physical card or approval?

Hi abparikh,
Did you actually get your physical Green card or approval?

plastic card etc.

I received my physical card last week. My I-485 was approved in June'02 (alongwith GCMaster and others by the Nebraska office).

My wife got her approval in Detroit INS in early Dec'02 and we are waiting for her plastic card. Looks like "abparikh" got his/her physical card within a month. Doesn't sound right but if its true, then all power to him.

Hillbilly

My interview is on the 13 March, with an officer named Lewis.

If someone has had there interview with this officer could you post your experiences please.

Thank you

My interview is on the 13 March, with an officer named Lewis.

If someone has had there interview with this officer could you post your experiences please.

Thank you

Hi Cuervo,

I think you are half an hour earlier than me on the same day and same officer. Wish us both good luck on 13th. :)

Any experience? Anyone?

THANKS.

interview fine, approval pending

My wife and I had interview today. No docs related to interview asked. Approval pending because my (primary applicant) fbi clearence is not available. So we'll have to wait for approval in mail.

We were finger printed for the card though. Also, requested to submit original I-140 by mail.

Looks like waiting game will continue for some time. Any idea how long does it take them to do fbi clearence??....finger printing was done a year back.

Oct 2001 RD Case transferred to INS Detroit

Transferred on Feb21
RD Oct 2001
ND Nov2001
Marriage date was within 6 months of applying for 485.

Can any please share if the interview appointment letter will be sent to the lawyer or to me. I appreciate your help.

INSNSCsucks,

What questions did they ask you?

Do you know the name of the officer.

Please advise as I have a interview early next week.

my officer' name is also Lewis

and my interview is on monday so i will let u know guys how it went. hope it will help u all in some way