Detroit INS Transfer cases

Good news and bad news

Good news first.
I got my approval letter from Detroit INS yesterday. Today I went there and got it stampped on my passport. Looks like you all should be getting it very soon.

Now for the bad news:
My wife and I applied for 485 at the same time and went to Detroit INS interview on the same day(dec 6), but she has not received her approval notice. I am not sure why. I spoke to my lawyer, she said she will inquire with the INS officer next week.

Good luck guys.
Joseph

Josil

Great news! Enjoy new found freedom!

Good luck on your wife's case!

Thanks for the update!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Good to know things are moving. Congratulations!

Do you remember who your officer was for the interview?

Also did the approval notice give specific date and time to appear for passposrt stamping or is it pretty flexible?

Best wishes again.

I am not sure about the officer name.

If I understand the letter right, I really don't need to get my passport stamped. Since we all gave our finger printing and signature during our interview, we will get our card any way.

Hope this helps.

When does it usually get transfered

Hello ,
Is there any similarity between u'r applications ?,
i.e got married before apllying for 485 or after filing 485 , changed job and so on ?
I was just wondering b'cos I got married after filing 485 and filed my spouse application alomst year after mine.Expecting a transfer to local.

Got Local INS transfer

Hi Guys,

I got a local INS transfer today for my I-485 (RD 07/30/01). I was kind of hoping I and my wife would get the approval as I had already responded to a RFE from those blood suckers. But, turned out I was overoptimistic.

So here I am joining the gang of Local INS transfers.

Can someone please let me know:

1.If I can travel on AP while I am working on H1?
2.Do I need to apply at Detroit Local INS for AP or at NSC?

Good News

My wife also got her approval today. Good luck to everybody.

Details
LIN 01 275 XXXX
RD: Aug 28 2001
Transfered to Detroit INS on Oct 18
Interview Dec 6
My approval Jan 15
My wife's approval Jan 24.

I know some of you had interview around Dec 6th. Did you guys get it?

Josil

Good luck!
I am not as lucky as you. I had my interview on Dec 5th, havent heard from Det INS yet.
Who interviewd you? Was it lady officer Sullivan?
Please let us know!

bopp3,
I think you are right. It is an lady officer. Name sounds right.
I think as they FBI clearence, they approve them. Did you go there with your lawyer? Your lawyer may be able to enquire with the officer directly.
Best of luck.
Joseph

INSNSCsucks

1) If you have H1 Multiple, you don't need AP. But, if you have AP, then H1 Multiple is not valid anymore and your status will be based on EAD and AP.

2) Once a case is transfered to a local office, everything will be dealt by them. In your case, Detroit.

hillbilly thanks for the reply.

Any idea how long is it currently taking for scheduling the interview date. They transferred my case on Jan 23.

have interview tommorow morning

hello everybody wait for my details i have my interview scheduled tomorrow morning on 29th will try to post details asap.. case transferred on oct 31st..
lets see what happens hope things go well..

approved

good news :
got case approved.. minimal question asked officer was so courteous.. also stamped it right there

unfortunately for my wife they said fbi cleareance is pending so will have to wait. expect approval in mail..

just got tranfered to detriot INS from chicago INS

because of the address change my RD is july 2001 (yep 2001) just called them and they said they just recieved my file and would shedule the interview as soon as they can WHEn???? BIg question

Receipt date for 485 was feb 21st '2001 yes 2001

notice date that case got transferred was oct 31' 02
got copy on nov 7th '02

got interview letter from detroit ins on 28th Dec'02 scheduled for jan29th '03

officer name : Beistek ( One of the very good officers I have dealt with not bcoz she stamped me .. very very courteous )

Questions asked..
Truth oath, give me letter of employment, EAD , I-94 , DOB of my daughter, marriage certificate of mine. thats it..
and copy of my last visa on passport

I would say no need to take lawyer.. though I took one did not help .. bcoz officer was extremly courteous..

just have to wait on my wife.. she said give me ADIT style pic and i will grant you temporary card so you dont have to come to stamp your passport again when you get approval notice.

she was impressed by my preparations .. told me that you are well prepared.. and complimented me for it..
attached is excel file what i prepared for your help..

guys let me know if you have any other questions..

Approved Finally!

Hey All

Just want to let you all know, My case and My wife's case got approved on 29th Jan. We recieved notice today.

Thanks to each and every one of you guys for posting valuable information. If not for this discussion board, I wouldnt have had clue about what was going on.

Stay in there, your day will come soon!

I will be more than happy to answer any of your questions!

Good luck

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations BOPP3

Congratulations !

Hope we hear the same news soon. UnhappwithNSC and GCMaster had interviews around the same time as you. Have you guys had approvals yet?

Good Luck.