Detroit INS Transfer cases

Finally got the approval on last Saturday ...It was a great releif after having gone through RFE's at 485 and medical after interview ..It felt like never ending loop...

I and my wife's approval was in same envolope ..we got it stamped yesterday ..along with Bopp3 .

Bopp3 and I work at same place and have seen through this together..it was great pleasure to go and stamp together..Bopp3.

Wish all of you luck..your day will come too...

Rishi Das

Congratulations Rishidas

Congratulations!

We had our interview on Dec 16 and as with eveything that has happened with our case, we are still waiting.

Hope we get to hear the news soon.

Rishidas and Bopp3, did the approval notice specify the date to go for the stamping or is it totally flexible and up to us to decide when we want to get the passport stamped?

dtw2001

You will here from local INS very soon!
The approval letter says that you can get it stamped at local INS from Monday through Thusday and exception of 3rd Wednesday each month.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

To bopp3 and rishidas. Finally an end to a long journey..enjoy!!

dtw2001: Nope...no news yet for us...

Seems like the people who have both primary and dependents cases transferred to a local INS get priority vs. only dependent case transfers. This is true in both rishidas as well as bopp3's case.

BTW, did you guys check the online case status after your approvals. Can you please update us...if the online status is updated.

unhappy, please post any new updates...hope our turn is next...

Thanks,
GCMaster

GCMaster:

Thanks for the update. Your theory is probably not right because bot my wife's amd mine were transferred to Detroit. Wonder if calling INS Detroit would help.

Very frustrating.:(

GCMaster

Nope, Online status has not changed. It still says the same thing about my transfer to local INS blah,blah,blah.
I guess the online status does not get updated for local cases.

Also one small piece of info,
My approval letter says Approved on 01/14/2003,
and my wife's Approved date 01/18/2003.
However the approval letter was printed on 01/29/2003 and we recieved the letter on 01/30/2003.

My wife's case was approved.

Hi Folks,

My wife's case was approved last week. Got the letter sometime this week. Don't know exactly when since I was on vacation and last time anybody checked my mail was last week.

I hope rest of you get the letter soon.

:(

Hi DTW,

Thanks.

My case was approved a long time ago by Nebraska ( June 2002). My wifes case was xferred (because of less than 6 months between marriage and filing). Her interview was on Dec 4th 2002 and her case was approved by detroit INS on Jan 23rd 2003. We got the letter on Feb 13th 2003.

:(

Congrats!!

Unhappy,

Congratulations!! Certainly enjoy the freedom after such a looong wait.

bopp3,

Thanks for the update. Nothing new on our case. Still waiting..

GCMaster

new transfer

Thanks to all of you for posting your info to keep this thread alive.

My case got transferred to detroit office on 2/7/03 (shown online at INS site). It is not because of marriage. It is because I switched employer. Does anyone have similar experience at Detroit INS office? Do you know how long is the wait now for interview after the freeze.

Thanks to u all!

one more transfer case

Hi all,
Mine and my wife's case got transferred to Detroit Ins on 2/10/2003.

RD - 8/21/2001
ND - 9/22/2001
RFE - 12/03/2002 (employment letter, birth cert)

Received letter from NSC stating the case is transferred to local office, but none from local office. Any idea how long it takes to hear from them.

thanks

Kirankkgc.... It will take a couple of months before you hear from detroit center about your interview schedule.

GCMaster... may be you and I had the same officer. That could be the reason why we are still waiting while everyone else has had their approvals. I have been told that sometimes the officers get assigned on border patrol duties and that could cause delay until the officer returns to desk.

Probably..

dtw2001,

Probably you are right..it doesn't make sense otherwise...lets hope that we get our approvals soon.

Keep us posted with any updates.

GCMaster

Did anyone get interview schedule recently

Hi Guys,

My case and my spouse's were transferred on Jan 17 to detroit local INS office.

Still no letter from detroit INS about the interview schedule ..

Are any body on the same boat?

Venus

got a interview letter from detroit office

details

PD oct'99
RD july'01
Transfered to chicago local ins (to expidite the process)
TD august'02
Transfered to Detroit local INS (since i moved to Michigan)
TD end of Jan'03
Interview letter recieved today

Interview date march 10th'03

my husband and daughter's GC was already approvedin Aug'02

let see what happens to mine.

any Q? let me know.

Hi indiatous,

I am in the same boat

PD June 1999
RD Aug 2001

Transfer to Louisville INS office - October 2002
Transfer to Detroit INS office - End of January 2003.

I have not received any interview date or letter from the local office yet.

Did you try contacting the local INS office to see if your case had arrived in Detroit? Please, let me know.

Thank you

hello Cuervo

yes i did called detroit office and asked if they have recieved my file from chicago office, (as it was almost 2 month from time when i requested the chicago office to transfer my file to detriot) the officer after asking my A # kept me on hold and later confirmed that they did recieved my file few days ago but i never recieved a letter from detroit or chicago office about my transfer. this was in the end of Jan.

if any Q?s do let me know ?

indiatous

Thanks indiatous,

My case was being transferred to Detroit Ins at the end of january 2003 from louisville, so I am not sure if they have received it yet.

I will try to call them today to see, if they have received my file.

Thanks for your information. Do let me know how your interview goes. Good Luck and Best wishes for your interview.

Cuerv