Detroit INS Transfer cases

Me and my wife received our plastic card 2 days back.
It took approximately 5 weeks from approval date to get our plastic cards.
Also, rishidas and his wife received plasticards too. I knew this as we both work in same building and meet quiet often

:)

Hi Everyone,

In my new job my salary is 5000 dollars less than my previous job. Will this create a problem during the interview? Everything else is same (job title, job description, etc.)

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

PS gpw look forward to seeing you the 13th at the ins office, my interview is at 9am.

Can anyone tell me if I need to bring 2 photos with me for the interview? On the letter, it says bring them if not previously submitted.

Cuervo, I had thought yours is at 10am, anyway, mine is at 10:30.

How Much time for Interview schdule DTW

Guys my/my wife case was transfered on 03/07/03.

Any idea how long will it take for scheduleing interview.
Approxm date with your past experince?

Also if it long my wife want to go out of country for a month.

Can she go to local INS for advance perol extension at Detroit. as the case is transfered to local office now.

Thanks in advance....

I do not see any reason as marriage was perfomred NOT IN six month of 485 filing.

NEVER changed employer.

I had RFE( 01/07/03) REF received in 3 weeks by INS.

About employment and Date of Entry in USA is diffrent as my passport shows Stamp of Entry from Canada. Which I do not remeber as many times we use to visit for friend for dinners and play cricket in Windsor And offcourse Usual desi tour to Niagra Falls. All my trip were before 485 filed. Never visited after 485 filed.

I did mentioned normal date of entry from India.

As per rule we can go to Canada any number of times before 485 filing as long as we do not stay there more then 30 days. Without advance parol and offcourse with valid Canadian Visa. Whcih I did. Any past experince.

But did submited doc. Can't say anyting until recive the letter. Y interview

Thanks in advance

Mera USA Mahan

Last edited by a moderator:
how is officer lewis

indiatous,

Hope to hear from you soon. How was the interview with officer lewis?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with all of us.

Approved

Sorry about postg so late as i was not feelg well.

well I reached there at 7:15am and at the enterance of the building the gateman asked for Dr. License and we had no problem findg parking. Then after the security check i kept my interview letter in the basket (which was kinda yellow). At 8:15am the officer louise called my name . There i took oath and the he asked my husband's approval letter (he was approved 6 months ago). Then he asked me like 10 or 15 Qs and they where yes or no and ihen i did finger stamp and signed all DONE. He did not asked me for ANY document that the interview letter asked for. The officer was nice and polite, i don't see any reason for any one to be worried about.

Hope this helps

if any one has any Q's do let me know

Best of luck to everyone. God bless u

Any Comments Help appreciated

Guys my/my wife case was transfered on 03/07/03.

Any idea how long will it take for scheduleing interview.
Approxm date with your past experince?

Also if it long my wife want to go out of country for a month.

Can she go to local INS for advance perol extension at Detroit. as the case is transfered to local office now.

Thanks in advance....

I do not see any reason as marriage was perfomred NOT IN six month of 485 filing.

NEVER changed employer.

I had RFE( 01/07/03) REF received in 3 weeks by INS.

About employment and Date of Entry in USA is diffrent as my passport shows Stamp of Entry from Canada. Which I do not remeber as many times we use to visit for friend for dinners and play cricket in Windsor And offcourse Usual desi tour to Niagra Falls. All my trip were before 485 filed. Never visited after 485 filed.

I did mentioned normal date of entry from India.

As per rule we can go to Canada any number of times before 485 filing as long as we do not stay there more then 30 days. Without advance parol and offcourse with valid Canadian Visa. Whcih I did. Any past experince.

But did submited doc. Can't say anyting until recive the letter. Y interview

Thanks in advance

Mera USA Mahan

Yes i got my passport stamped

INSNSCsucks

read my mail that i posted dated yesterday

india to us

best of luck to u all

I had an interview this morning at detroit and the case was approved and passport was stamped.

No documents asked during the interview. The only questions were asked was from the i-485 form like have you ever been arrested, deported, etc.

We were out in less than 10 minutes. The officer was very proffesional and nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved! And Stamped!

Ok, it is my turn to share my interview experience with you all. I am so happy right now to enjoy the new found freedom.

My case is a bit complicated, but it will give all the people who are in the similar situation HOPE! I got laid off few days before 140 approval. I filed 485 with my sponsor because they still gave me the employment letter. God bless them! And I got RFE on employment letter last Oct and replied it back with current employment letter and sponsor company's employment letter. My case was transferred to local office on 2/7 and interview date is today 3/13. I was so nerveous because I don't know if AC21 applies to my case since I got laid off before 180 days. But the officer Lewis is very nice and polite, after oath and routine questions, he just asked for current employment letter and put it away without even looking at it. Then he just asked for my passport!! I got stamped right there. I could not believe it!

I am still in shock right now and so is my attorney. My attorney prepared a 5-page letter to INS last night to argue for my case. I post her contact information here, so if anyone who is in the similar situation has questions, you can contact her. She is very good at what she does!

Law Office of Claudia Y. Tsou, PLLC
Attorney and Counselor in Immigration Law
24333 Southfield Road, Suite 210
Southfield, MI 48075
Telephone: (248) 443-2800
Fax: (248) 282-5212

God bless all of you!

It is my turn to say my case was approved

Hi INSNSCSucks and others,

Today i received letter of approval from detroit INS.
My case and my spouse case were approved.

Yes gpw Claudia Tsou ,one of the best attorney in detroit area.
She has done my Labor and I 140 paper work and were approved.
Used to work for Michael E Piston's office before...

Good Luck guys.
i HOPE INSNSCSucks, Abparikh spouse will get approval soon...

Venus

Approved today 3/13/2003 (almost 4 years)

Got approved today for both me and my wife. Passports stamped with the temporary green card stamp.

My case details:

PD June 1999
I485 Filed in August, 2001
RD August 30, 2001
ND September 27, 2001
Approved March 13, 2003 (after 2 local transfers)

Switched jobs in August 2002 to a different company.

Case got transferred to Louisville Local INS in October 2002.

Case got transferred to Detroit INS from Louisville INS in February 2003, and interview date of March 13, 2003 in detroit.

The officer was very nice and courteous. He stamped the passport right there for me and my wife. We just couldnt believe it. First we both took oath. Then he just asked for an employment letter, and asked us a few questions that are on the I485 application form. That's it.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing there thoughts and suggestions. Good Luck to everyone else. God Bless.
Cuervo

Congratulations Venus and Cuervo and gpw...u r very lucky guys...enjoy!

Venus did u have a problem of "FBI records not found"?I can't locate u'r previous messages...and who was u'r officer?

Transer Letter Recived from NSC

HI all congratulation....

I received letter from NSC about transfer to detroit. But no dates nothing say talk to Local office. It does not mention any reason or any documents required at the time of interview. Will my attorney will get the document list needed for interview. Shold I call the local office now to find out about the case. case transfed on 03/07...... should call or no call and wait for best?
past experonce please..........
tahnks in advance

Any updates??

dtw2001,
Any updates on your case..looks like we are the only unlucky souls who are yet to get approvals after having the interview four months ago..have you tried contacting the Detroit INS office..I've with no luck.

GCMaster

GCMaster:

Same stroy here. No news is yet. Did you interview with Officer Casterline? The name of the officer is on the interview letter that we got. I am hoping something will happen by the end of this month. Next week will be 2 years since we submitted our 485.

Keep me posted if you hear anything.