Detroit INS Transfer cases

Need Some clarification

hi

I have applied for 485 in VSC (RD = feb 2002)
Now I have a job offer offer from ST.paul / minniapolis
I am still on H1B.

I am trying to understand the procedure what happens if I my case gets transferred to NSC

1. Does it get transfered to local INS directly and they schedule Inter view ?

2. Does the case sit in the NSC , till NSC reached the processing dates of Feb 2002 and then transfer to local INS office ?

3. Do they give me a new recipt date based on the date NSC received my file from VSC ?

4. What would be the local INS office in my case and what are they wait times for interviews ?

Thanks and pls consider this urgent and any information is really appretiated.

Hi Haigc,

When is your interview scheduled for and where.
Did INS ask you to submit lease to prove shared life.
What did they ask you to bring for the interview. Please share.

I think after seeing so many transfer cases, inorder to show that you both have shared life, beside home lease, you can submit bank accounts on both names, ownership documenst (e.g. for car), shared credit cards, atm cards, health insurnace cards, etc.
And ofcourse you both have same address in all the INS documents(AP, EADS, Receipt notices).

DO WE NEED PHOTO'S AGAIN TO BE TAKEN AT INTERVIEW?

Shared living. Yes asked for docuemtn like lease, tax, and whatsover i have.

Frankly I never thought this question will arise in my life to prove my wife as my wife. But what can I say.

My interview is at Detroit in a weeks time.

My case in very clear but needs to visit at least. I do not have lease document.

DO WE NEED PHOTO'S AGAIN TO BE TAKEN AT INTERVIEW?

5 months since interview

It has been 5 months since my wife and I had our interviews. We interviewed with Officer Casterline. Tried to contact senator's office as well. No news though. Wonder when we will hear. I have seen here about people going to the Detroit office and inquiring.

If anyone knows can they post where to go to and who to ask for and if there is anything else that can be done.

Meanwhile we applied for our thrird EAD Card and Advance parole. It has been over 2 years since we applied for I-485.

dtw 2001,

I also had an interview with the same officer six months ago.
I filed a written enquiry form in April asking about the status thinking that it may work ! I also requested my lawyer if he can see Casterline to enquire about the status. Not sure what else can be done to expedite...

For Hariyog and DTW01

dtw01 and Hariyog,
When you were interviewed, what were you told to wait for? were you given any indication to wait for FBI name check clearance?
What was the reason stated for pending approval?

Thanks

Approved

I had Interview and passport was stamped Immdiately. Officer was very nice.

Thanks to all for All kind of support.

485please,

There was a temporary freeze on the 485 approvals during the time my interview was conducted (Dec.04-2002). It was concerning some BCIS system upgrade I think. We were told to expect the letter anytime after this freeze was lifted.

SAME SITUATION

Hariyog:

We are in the same situation as you. Were given the same explanation on Dec 16th when we interviewed. I am planning on going to the Detroit Office this week. I have sent a couple of letters already but no response. Tries Sanator Stabenow's office as well. But nothing concrete yet. Hope the end comes soon.

dtw2001, hariyog

I was in the exact same boat as you guys..but my wife got her approval recently about a month& half back...the only thing that I tried is that I went to the DEt. INS office and asked them for status on my wifes case..of course they wouldn't give it me as my wife didnot accompany me to INS office that day..however they gave me a form and asked me to fill it out and said expect a written reply with in a months time..sure enough my wife got her approval with in that months time period..including her plastic card..I really don't know if that written enquiry made any difference...but seems like it did.

I hope you will get your approvals soon..good luck.

GCMASTER

GCMaster

You know my story. My wife did not receive her plastic card yet. She got her approval early December. Any suggestions?

Thanks

visit to Detroit Office

I visited the Detroit offic eot inquire about our case. Got the standard answer of still waiting for FBI clearance. I said it has been over 5 months and they said there are others in the same situation and it is hard to tell how long it will take. Good thing was the officer who interviewed us came out perosnally to answer my questions.

So the wait continues.

My Wife's case has been transferred to Detroit on June 4

My case has been approved on June 2, but my wife's case has
been transferred to Detroit on June 4

mostly like the reason is we got married before we filling I-485
Any documents we need to prepare for the interview,

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Urgent, Please Help

Hello,
Me and my wife are having I485 interview at BCIS local office on June'10.
For some emergency reason we have to travel to India on June'13. We bought the tickets also for June'13.
My question is: If suppose we are not approved on the same day itself during the interview then can we get Advance parole from the local office on the same day itself. Or what are the other possible ways to get emergency travel document so that there won't be any problem while reentering USA.
Currently I am on H1B and don't have Advance Parole.

Please advice.

gcsa..

When was your case transferred to Detroit? I am in the same boat and was wondering how long did it take before you received the interview letter? Also, if you don't mind what are the documents that they requested for the interview?

Thanks
Rajju

GCMASTER

Can you pls. send me an email at

mba_babu@yahoo.com

Need to talk to you about my wife's case. I went to Detroit BCIS with my wife. Her case is stiil with Officer Casterline and the IIO at the desk was no help. She didn't give us any form that you talked about (even though I asked her about it couple of times). We had a letter for the Officer and she said that she will try to give it to Casterline.

This is nuts. My wife was approved on 2nd December 2002 and she doesn't have her card yet.

GCMASTER, I would appreciate if you can email . Thanks,

Hillbilly

Got Finger Print notice from DETRoit INS

My wife received a notice for Finger print from Detroit Center
she got last finger print on May 4th 2002, I'm wondering if
her interview date will be on August, because 15 months
for finger print expire will be August

Any information, guys

DTW2001,

Any update on ur case??....mine is still stuck no updates from the BCIS. We made a trip to local office but were told same nonsense which we know that our approval is pending...no idea how long the fbi clearance will take.

And the saga continues

INSNSCsucks

Still waiting. I am beginning to loose hope. It will come whenver it has to. I have had some updates which are as follows:

Applied for second renewal on EAD and Advance Parole.
Been 2 months since then but nothing yet.

Lawyer got a call from Officer Casterline in June stating that there was an error on the computer with our A numbers and that had caused the delay. Also said that fingerprints would have ot be done again. Haven't received the appoitnment yet.

Went to Detroit office this week as my wife needed the advance parole to go to India for urgent reasons. Casterline was very helpful in getting that doen in about 10 min.

However no clear answer yet on the GC.

Have you tried seeking any of the Senator's help? Also has your lawyer tried to find out anything?

Good luck and keep me informed.

I am also one of those who are still waiting.

I spoke to Officer Casterline when I went there for my third EAD.
He told me the same story of FBI FP check awaiting. My lawyer is of no additional help.

I have also applied for AP as I dont see an immediate end as we would have to go through second FP... I hope soon.

Thanks DTW and INSNSCsucks for your updates.