Detroit INS Transfer cases

lets discuss

INSNSCSucks, Hariyog:

Guys:

The three of us are in the same situation. I think it might be worhtwhile for us to discuss our cases offline. Youc an reach me at 810 326 0894.

So call me.

Waiting in Chicago

Hi Guys,

I just opened the Detroit thread and found out that some of you have been waiting since December after having gone through Interview.

I am in the same boat but at Chicago Office of BCIS. I had my Interview on January 9, 2003. Since then I have had my 2nd FP in April, New AP in July and now waiting for third EAD renewal due in September (Application mailed in June 2003).

I was told the same story as I would be receiving my approval in 2-3 weeks. But even after 7 months, no luck yet. Meanwhile I had contacted the Senator from Illinois. BCIS responded to his office that my secondary security check is still pending with FBI. I don't know if it takes that long for FBI to respond.

I am consoling myself seeing your plight that I am not alone in this game of endless waiting. Good luck to all of us. God bless the BCIS.

Re: And the saga continues

DTW, Hariyog

2 months back I wrote to both the senators but of no help. I guess if more people write to them they may be encouraged to do something. my company lawyer is as useless as BCIS. for them its an opportinuity to keep me as their h1 slave. i don't know if i can go to an independent lawyer who can help me out. u guys know if that will help?
Also again i went to check personally my status at the detroit bcis my experience was horrible. It took them 5 hours for my turn, the person at the counter was rude and was not willing to give any info on my case other than telling me there is a minimum wait of 6 months after the interview.....30 months after 485 is usual as per this person on the counter. There were only 2 IIOs at the counter each handling 3 people per hour that included in-between leisurely chats with others in the office...if you want to see real scumbags working ins is the best place to visit..no consistency...no accoutablity...no info...they don't care..so i guess i have given up for now and hope someday someone will stumble upon my case and approve it.

Originally posted by dtw2001
INSNSCsucks

Still waiting. I am beginning to loose hope. It will come whenver it has to. I have had some updates which are as follows:

Applied for second renewal on EAD and Advance Parole.
Been 2 months since then but nothing yet.

Lawyer got a call from Officer Casterline in June stating that there was an error on the computer with our A numbers and that had caused the delay. Also said that fingerprints would have ot be done again. Haven't received the appoitnment yet.

Went to Detroit office this week as my wife needed the advance parole to go to India for urgent reasons. Casterline was very helpful in getting that doen in about 10 min.

However no clear answer yet on the GC.

Have you tried seeking any of the Senator's help? Also has your lawyer tried to find out anything?

Good luck and keep me informed.

same story continues

DTW01, and INSsucks,
I am in the same boat and reached a point where I could not take it any more. My Security clearance has been awaited since april, and every time I call, I get the same story. I stopped posting and had been a silent visitor. DTW, I like your idea of getting in touch, and will call you and discuss.

How long will it take from on the shelf to be scheduled interview

yesterday I drove my wife to detroit office, after we waited
three hours, we have been told that my wife's file is on the
shelf and waiting to be scheduled for interview, and the officer
said it's good news. when We asked how soon we will get
interview notice, she didn't give us time frame

any one has hints how long it will take normally in detroit
office

thanks

Sympathy from Chicago Victim

Detroit, I feel your pain!!! Its amazing how unresponsive the local ofices are... You wait in line for hours to hear that they "have your case" and "you will get your interview appointment soon". No way to call them. Chicago only allows written inquiries to which they can respond in 90 days... 90 days to tell you that "your case is in the appropriate area. thanks for your patience as the process takes its due course". All you can so is suffer silently through the process and finally, when its all done, you'll move on and try and forget all this as quickly possible.... Until you have to apply for your citizenship.... The way things are going, that will be a 5 year process by the time we are ready for it......

I dont know how this organization is going to be held accountable.. not to issue green cards overnight, but to at least provide timely and accurate status information...

Got Interview Letter from Detroit INS

My wife has received interview letter from Detroit INS
The interview day is Oct

Any suggestion for the interview will be appreciated

Still waiting

INSNSCSucks and HariYog:

Any updates? You guys try anything new or find anythign out. I was just going through some old threads and looks like everyone got their apporvals more or less in 2-3 months and we are the only ones waiting. 9 months now since the interview. A year after the transfer and 2 and half years after applying the 485.

Hi nasdaqplus....

Can you please post the date your case was trasferred to Detroit and when did you get the interview date?

Thanks for your help.

The game is over!!!

Finally we got our approval on Monday. I had gone to local office to enquire about our case and the parole visa we had applied many months back. As usual the front desk IIO was rude but to my luck she managed to go and talk to the officer to check into our case. It seems our security clearance was already done but the officer was too busy to dig my case out. Finally he pulled our case and approved it and stamped our passports.

Guys I think if you manage to get hold of the officer it may help.
It took 6 years of journey starting from labor to get to this. It was frustating (thanks to @#$%ed up INS and my @#$%ed company). but finally I am happy the waiting game is over!!!!

Thnx guys. DTW and Hariyog I wish you too will see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Hi "INSNSCsucks"

How long had you been waiting for the security check after the interview? I am in indianapolis, I had an interview in Jun, still waiting for the security check. Thank you,

ND: 3/28/2001
Interview date: 6/10/2003

Congratulations

INSNSCSucks...

Congratulations... that is great news. I need to talk to you about what you did and how it all happened. Please call me at 586 206 8308 if you can.

Shareinfo/dtw2001

I waited for about 7 months. I am not sure when my security clearance was done. When I called the local office 2 months back the information person found nothing was pending and she was surprised that my case was pending that long. I waited hoping my approval would come but it never happened so i decided to visit the office and I made 2 trips... to my luck i could meet the officer and he approved my case.

Guys in my opinion once u'r case is stuck inside the ins pile its very difficult to have someone look into it...firstly the IIOs at the front desk don't seem to care...secondly they donot allow u to meet with the officer nor does the officers respond to u'r inquiry...in my last trip i happened to talk to an iio and explained her that - its long overdue and i know my security was cleared 2 months back when I had called an IIO - for some reason she decided to check my case with the officer and then things went fine.

INSNSCsucks, congratulations !!! this is great. At last some good news on your front.

DTW2001, I recived my 2FP notice a few days back. My AP application is still pending. May be some things are moving.

hope for the best

INSNscsucks... How did u find out that the FBI clearance was done. Where did you call to talk to the IIO?

Hariyog: When is your second FP scheduled for? Also when was your first one.

DTW-I had called 2 months back at the local office to check my appln status at that time the person who picked the phone told there is nothing pending on my appln...i don't know when exactly the clearance was received.....but she told me that the appln was just waiting for the officer to approve.

Edison- I am not from special registration country.

Update

Hariyog:

I went to the Detroit office to check on my case and find out about my Adv Parole and EAD as well. The officer was very kind enough to come out and talk and take me to his desk. Turns out the case is FBI approved waiting for his approval. However since the fingerprints have expired, he sent me over to get them done immediately. He set it all up. If all goes well the cases should be approved in a week or two.

DTW

Thanks for the update. I had 2nd FP on 10/18/03. I applied for AP three months back. I will wait a couple of weeks before I go there to get AP. Let hope that this all gets over with some good news soon.