Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Thinking about taking Infopass

My wife haven't received oath letter so far. I was just wondering whether it is good idea to take INFOPASS appointment.

Thanks sudipto and Kris-Colorado! I'll be sure to post a write-up of the oath ceremony to let everyone know how it went.

Kris-Colorado, I wish your wife the best of luck in receiving her oath letter soon.

Priority date 1/22/2008
Notice Date 1/25/2008
Fingerprint Notice 2/7/2008
Fingerprint date 2/19/2008
Interview date 6/26/2008
Oath date 8/20/08

No need to get INFOPASS. She received letter today for oath ceremony on 08/20 at Dicks Sporting Goods Park. I guess the venue is the soccer field for Colorado Rapids.

Good luck everyone!!

- kris-colorado

Processing time - THREE MONTHS!

5/18/2008 - mailed N-400 to Nebraska Service Center
5/20/2008 - receipt date
5/31/2008 - received fingerprint notice
6/12/2008 - fingerprinting
6/30/2008 - received interview letter
8/7/2008 - interview (passed)
8/12/2008 - received oath-taking letter
8/20/2008 - oath-taking ceremony (Dick's Sporting Goods Park)

HELP PLEASE - N400 Interview letter not received yet

I filed with the Nebraska Service Center w/ Priority date of April 14th. Had my fingerprints done on May 6th in DENVER but never received any other letters or notices after that. Reading through some other timelines on this forum seems that my Interview letter may have been lost in mail - We have noticed few misplaced letters in last few weeks in our community. When I look up the status online, it has not changed since I filed the case - I haven't seen it change even once. Can someone please direct me to what my options are at this point - When I call the USCIS phone number, it just keeps looping me in their phone tree & never gets through an agent. Is there a number for the Denver CIS office that I can call to follow up or take an appointment. I feel I may have missed my interview date already although I just I hope that I didn't. My case was pretty straightforward with no special considerations.

To ashish_ndcp: Our status online also has not changed, so that is not accurate at all. When you call USCIS, have you tried at some point to just press Zero "0" so that will connect you to a live agent? I'm not really sure but I think that has worked for me in the past. I don't think there's a number for the Denver office that is published.

Ashish_ndcp,

I would probably first call the USCIS number and find out the status of your case. After that it would be good idea to take INFOPASS appointment at USCIS Denver office and they should be able to provide accurate information.

I filed with the Nebraska Service Center w/ Priority date of April 14th. Had my fingerprints done on May 6th in DENVER but never received any other letters or notices after that. Reading through some other timelines on this forum seems that my Interview letter may have been lost in mail - We have noticed few misplaced letters in last few weeks in our community. When I look up the status online, it has not changed since I filed the case - I haven't seen it change even once. Can someone please direct me to what my options are at this point - When I call the USCIS phone number, it just keeps looping me in their phone tree & never gets through an agent. Is there a number for the Denver CIS office that I can call to follow up or take an appointment. I feel I may have missed my interview date already although I just I hope that I didn't. My case was pretty straightforward with no special considerations.

can i request an earliest Oath date at Interview

I got my IL. is it possible to request an earliest Oath date, at the interview? Need urgency to get the citizenship

Please advise.

I got my IL. is it possible to request an earliest Oath date, at the interview? Need urgency to get the citizenship

Please advise.

You certainly can request, but don't count on getting it. I had requested the same and while the IO seemed willing to help, given that there was very little gap between the interview date and next oath date, she said it wouldn't be possible. I don't know if there was more time before the oath date if she would have been able to schedule it.

Either way, doesn't hurt to ask.

thanks sudipto,

My Interview will be on 9/11, thursday noon

Any idea, I can get into Sept itself?

Oath-taking on Sept 24th?

Hello hihi -- there was a post on this thread earlier (some time in June) that there's an oath-taking ceremony at Teikyo Loretto on September 24, maybe you can make it to that one, after your Sept 11th interview. Good luck!

hey i had the same problem . Never got IL letter in mail. Luckly had infopass at Denver office on August 4 2008 and found out my interview was on August 11 2008. So u should make infopass n u will know .
MY timeline
N 400 mail April 21 2008
Finget print on May 13 2008
INterview August 112008

how to get kid's naturalization

will have interview on 9/11 for both my wife and myself.
how to apply fo my duahgter's natualization,. she is below 18 and holding INDIAN passport, US Green Card.

Last edited by a moderator:
will have interview on 9/11 for both my wife and myself.
how to apply fo my duahgter's natualization,. she is below 18 and holding INDIAN passport, US Green Card.

I believe when you become citizen (on the day of the oath ceremony) your minor children automatically become citizens as well. You probably still will have to apply for their natz certificate.

They mentioned something about this on the day of our oath ceremony, but I can't quite remember what it was.

Thanks Sudipto

I am posting the following. Mey be usefull to others

Naturalization

If, as an adult, you were naturalized as a U.S. citizen, you will obviously be aware of your citizenship status. But, if your parents were naturalized when you were a child, you may have "derived citizenship" (the legal term) without knowing it. In addition, the most recent law allows children to derive citizenship from their parents even if the parents got their citizenship by some means other than naturalization (such as by birth in the United States). Deriving citizenship through one's parents is discussed next.
Automatic U.S. Citizenship Through Naturalized Parents

When a parent naturalizes, her children may become U.S. citizens automatically, provided they have green cards and are under age 18 and living with the parent at the time. Becoming a U.S. citizen in this way has a special benefit: a child who gets U.S. citizenship through the naturalization of either or both parents does not have to participate in a naturalization ceremony.The laws on automatic naturalization of children have varied over the years. Whether or not you achieved U.S. citizenship is determined by the laws that existed when your parents' naturalization took place.

Hey guys,

I just got back from this morning's oath ceremony at Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City and am officially a U.S. citizen!!:D

My reporting time was at 9:00 AM and got there at 8:45 AM. I joined one of the two very long lines for entry into the stadium and ended up getting in around 9:30 AM. They checked my oath letter and permanent resident card at the entrance and took them as I was ready to take my seat. Like others have mentioned on these boards, they bring you the naturalization certificate to your seat at the end of the ceremony.

While I was waiting for the ceremony to start, I filled out the social security form and voter registration form that was included in a packet that I found on my seat. The packet also included a passport application form (which I didn't fill out since I had already done so online and wanted to wait until I made a photocopy of my Naturalization Certificate before submitting it), the Citizen's Almanac, text for the oath and pledge of allegiance, a small Declaration of Independence and Constitution handbook and a letter from the President.

The ceremony started just after 10:00 AM and the Immigration Director kicked off the ceremony by telling us that this was the second largest oath ceremony in Colorado history with 1,254 applicants from 112 countries! The ceremony lasted about 45 minutes and the keynote speaker was Paul Natale, the mayor of Commerce City, who spoke very well. After that, as an added bonus, one of the applicants in our ceremony who was a professional violinists played a beautiful classical piece for all of us to enjoy. The Immigration Director concluded the ceremony by asking people to stand up as their countries were called and then reading the oath and having all of us repeat it after him. After the ceremony was over, we waited in our seat until immigration officers came to each row and handed each of us our Naturalization Certificate. All in all, except for the long line to get in, the process actually went quite smoothly.

After the end of the ceremony, I headed toward the other side of the stadium where there were representatives to take your social security form as well as your voter registration form and passport applications if you wanted. I was able to hand my voter registration and social security forms fairly quickly and was told that I should receive both my new S.S. card and voter registration card within a few weeks. I was out the stadium just after 11:00 AM. Tomorrow, I have an appointment at my local post office where I will submit my passport application after making a photocopy of my Naturalization Certificate.

That's about it and please don't hesitate to ask questions about parts of the oath ceremony that I may have omitted. Thanks again for everyone's help on these boards over the past few months and good luck to all!

Fingerprint date 2/19/2008
Interview date 6/26/2008
Oath date 8/20/08
Passport application date 8/21/08

Oath ceremony was Great!!

Hello,

Congrats to everyone who became US citizen today. My wife's Oath experience today is similar to one echoed by ed_6113. We will be applying for US Passport today at post office.

I think it is pure co-incidence that when i took oath in May end, it was the largest oath ceremony in Colorado's history. Today i attended the second largest oath ceremony in colorado.

I felt like i witnessed the piece of colorado immigration history :)

Good luck :)

- Kris-colo

My husband became a US citizen today as well (Dick's Sporting Goods Park). It was a great ceremony. The group who sang the Star Spangled Banner, a capella, were wonderful. Commerce City mayor's speech was inspired. The rest were just okay (same message: VOTE). I was a little ticked at the whole video thing. The cue-ing was just off (i.e. the Faces of America video was not ready; there was a black bar in the middle of the screen for about a third of the video; George W. Bush's recorded message was played too early (when the USCIS director was still "introducing" the President); at one point, the graphics were cut off and were not centered --- YES, I notice these things, so sue me :)

Did anyone else notice the child who kept screaming the entire time???!! (during the oath; when the USCIS Director was talking; when the God Bless the USA song was playing; and many other times) -- the child was sitting next to my mother-in-law and I was seated next to her. So, HOLY COW, it was DISTRACTING!!!

Otherwise, it was a wonderful experience, quite emotional. Inspiring, hopeful, joyous. I'm sure everybody felt the same way.

We proceeded to the voter registration area, did that, then Social Security. Got out of there, photocopied the natz certificate, then went to the post office and applied for the passport there (shorter line).

=======
PROCESSING TIME
5/18/2008 - mailed N-400 to Nebraska Service Center
5/20/2008 - receipt date
5/31/2008 - received fingerprint notice
6/12/2008 - fingerprinting
6/30/2008 - received interview letter
8/7/2008 - interview (passed)
8/12/2008 - received oath-taking letter
8/20/2008 - oath-taking ceremony (Dick's Sporting Goods Park)
8/20/2008 - applied for passport at the post office