December Mumbai Interview Thread

P4 picked up at consulate

Is the P4 that is picked up at the consulate any different from what they send themselves to our address in India? Just curious. Since my parents in Mumbai never recieved any thing until today I asked them to pick it up and they found out my interview date of Dec 20. Anybody else has it on the 20th?

So is there any difference?

Plaese advice.

Desi_CP

Dec 20 interview

desi_cp,
My interview is on the 20th as well. I was told that my P4 has been sent to the attorney\'s office. When are you scheduling your medical exam?
as_gc

Quick question

Who is supposed to sign birth affadavit in India? Is a SEM (Special Executive Magistrate) sign ok? Or has it got to be someone else? Thanks.

Packet 3 receieved at consulate October 18th - anybody in the same boat

Hi
My packet 3 is received at Mumbai consulate on October 18th and has been entered into their system on October 19th. No interview date yet. Any body in the same boat? I called the consulate last night and the guy said call back after a week. Do they give Jan interview dates in advance like next week-end?
thanks

Interview on 3rd, Dec

Haven\'t received the Pkt 4 yet, but was told so by operator on Friday. I specifically asked, in the cover letter, for Pkt 4 to be sent to India address, but the operator said that it has been mailed to US address. I have asked someone to pick up Pkt 4 in Bombay.

Flying out of SFO tomorrow. Will reach Bombay on 26th and am planning to do medicals the same day. I think it was anand74mo or desichet who has interview on the same day. Hope to see you there. You can reach me at ark2471@yahoo.com

Good luck to everyone...

No Title

Do we really need to carry, LC, I-140 paperwork ?
As consulate already has all these papers sent to them by NVC, my lawyer also said I need not cary extra paperwork.

Hi Suresh, Did you call the operator for Interview date ?

My P3 reached there on the 19th and the operator gave me the date od Dec. 26.

Interview on 19th December

Our interview is scheduled for 19th Dec. at the Mumbai US Consulate...But still have not recd. pkt. 4 and appt. ltr...Have you recd. it? We called twice to confirm the date and they told us the appt. ltr has been mailed on Nov. 3rd???

Hey MumbaiCP

Hey MumbaiCP
I did call the operator and he told me that "My interview is not yet scheduled". But he asked me to keep calling. Don\'t know what that means. Do I still have a chance for December?
thanks

No Title

It\'s not required as they already have all the information. I am carrying my original I-140 approval as I already had it with me. Again, as I had a copy of labor and I-140 application, I am carrying a copy. But, I\'ve read on these forums before that it is not asked for in the interview.

Hi Suresh, did you file I-824 or your 140 was approved for CP ?

I am asking you because I did not get anything is writing but I am making all preparations assuming the operator gave me correct informations. I hope she is right.