December Mumbai Interview Thread

anybody booked hotel in mumbai?

has anybody booked any hotel in mumbai? can they post the names and the rates?

Yes I did

I have made a reservation at Hotel Shalimar at August Kranti Marg, Mumbai 400 036. Phone number 011-91-22-363 1311. When is your interview by the way?

Packet 4 received

My relative in India just called me up to inform me that they have received my packet 4 with interview date of December 12th. Has anyone got December 12th interview date ?

My packet 3 reached consulate on October 5th. I mentioned Indian address for packet 4 in cover letter only.

Some Questions

Hello All,

I am scheduled for a December 27th interview @ Mumbai.

1) We are planning to return to the US on 30th December... There is only one working day between my interview date and the return date... Hope this won\'t create any problems...

2) Wife\'s employment letter - My wife is on an H1B visa... She would be getting a letter from her employer... Is there any specific format for her employer letter (she is not the petitioner)?

3) Employment Letter / I-134 Validity - Do the notarized employment letter and I-134 have a validity date? I am planning to get these
done end-November or 1st week December...

Thanks in advance & Good Luck.

answers

1)
I am doing the same thing. It is impossible to get tickets. It seems that you can get minor errors corrected even at POE. In any case - one day should be enough. It is impossible to anticipate every possible contingency, obviously.

2) I got it in the same format as mine...job, salary, "to continue permanently after GC etc.". That\'s the logical thing according to me.

3) Emp letters are valid for 6 months according to Ron Gotcher on Inninfo.com. Not sure about I-134 but I think it should also be valid for a few months. I am doing mine Dec first week.

Our interviews are on the same day. Shoot me an email if you want to touch base.

Are your tickets confirmed ?

Hi AAAK_2001 ,
   Were you able to get confirmed tickets ? If yes can you please post details like which airline, travel agent and price ?
My interview is on 26th Dec and having a hard time to get the tickits.

Problems with tickets....

I am having a tough time getting reservations (especially after the 10th...). Travel agents are playing around and not assuring anything...

We are planning to travel JFK-BOM on the 8th or 9th of December and return on the 30th...

The tickets are unconfirmed right now.... the travel agent has assured that they should be confirmed by this evening....

Here are the details:

Airline: Air India
Price: approx $1150
Travel Agent: Sudha Travels (718)448-4433

Good Luck..

I am also having a tough time getting tickets

My travel agent thinks he may get something in a day or two. Will let you\'ll know if I get something.

Are people having problems getting cheap tickets OR any tickets, period?

A travel agent I talked to said that if you are willing to spend $1600 - $1800, he can get tickets even 5 days before travel. Otherwise tickets are hard to come by for $1100 - $1300.

Please share as much info as possible.

my experience

i called two travel agents and the lowest i got for leaving after dec 15 and coming back by 31 was ~1600. that is usually the price you\'d pay even if you booked last minute but it might be tough during the holidays. more than going, the return trip after dec 31 is tough.

i posted this number before. talk to avinash at 212 532 4620. tell him why you are going and he will tell you the best thing he can do.

btw, i got confirmed tix on air france by airborne express today.

POE??

While coming back from CP interview, I have a halt in Seattle. Does that mean that my POE is seattle? Or will it be San fransisco which is my final destination.

Willing to spend 1600-1800, but no tickets for departure 15-21, arrival 28-6

Not even from Avinash. I guess its available for over $2000

No Title

Just found that my P4 was received some time last week at Mumbai address, it seems they are sending it by courier. Interview date 12/18.