December Mumbai Interview Thread

congrats.

one question. Does the message change after the packet 3 has been sent out?
also r u prepared, do u have all documents intact. Dont waste time since u already have your interview date

Congrats

December Interview dates

Friends:
For the December interview, please call US Consulate in Mumbai at 363-7407/08 and find out your interview date a head of dates getting published on the web site. Please call them between 2pm- 4pm according IST
Guys no kidding, I did it in the same way, which worked out for me. My Interview is on 13 of Dec.
Any questions?

Any hotel recommendations?

I found that the ones I have heard about cost >200/night. It is a bit much to pay for 10 days I\'ll be there. I found this place called Chateau Windsor in Churchgate that charges 50/night. Has anyone heard of it? It was in an Indian tourbook.

call between 2 and 4 pm only

i called up last night. automated message said to speak to an officer call between 2 and 4 pm IST.

When to fly back

I have my consular interview on Dec 21 (friday), and have
found tickets for flying back on 26th.

Given that 26th is a holiday, is that cutting it too short?
How many days would it be safe to wait before flying back?

No Title

BombayApplicant,
I am scheduled for Dec-18, returning on Dec.23. From earlier posts I guess couple of days should be good enough for minor issues/corrections.

Good Luck

Packet IV Questions.

I plan to call the Mumbai Consulate tomorrow morning, and see if I can find out the appointment date.

A question on the Packet IV... Can a relative pick it up from the Consulate on my behalf? If yes, would he need an authority letter?

Thanks in advance...

Just your case number will do

Your name, NVC case number should be good to get a duplicate Interview letter. Make sure your dependent names are also on the letter

Interview on Decemmber 31st??

Hi Guys,

Mumbai finally decided to process my case instead of sending it to delhi.I called them yesterday and found I am scheduled on 31st december. It is quite strange that they do not schedule any immigrant interview in last day of the month. Please throw in some light.

Thank you all

Interview scheduled on December 3

I learnt todat that my interview is on Dec 3. I had requested a Dec first week interview in my P3 cover letter. Leaving for Mumbai on Nov 23. Good luck to all.

Dec. 27th is the day....

Got through to Mumbai Consulate (3637408) around 5:00 this morning... The officer said my interview date is is scheduled for December 27th...

Now comes the tough part of finalizing travel plans ;)

All the best to everyone...