December Mumbai Interview Thread

How many days before the interview should you arrive in mumbai?

Gurus,
Thanks for the useful information so far. It appears that the interview date is approx 80 days (±20) from mailing of P3.

Can you guys please guide me as to how many days before the interview we should get to mumbai? How many days ahead of time do you have to set up medical appointment?
Thanks,
S386

immunization and Medical

Immunization proof from US will be accepted in India. but you have to have the medical done in consulate deisgnated medical centers in India. (You cannot have the medical done in US)

Email response from Mumbai Consulate

I have received an email (reply) from Mumbai consulate that says "You are most likely to be scheduled for the immigrant visa interview for the month of December 2001 provided your case remains
current." - MUMBAI, IV.

Does this mean that my Packet 3 is entered by consulate into their system?

I sent Packet 3 on Oct/10/01. Can someone tell me when should I receive Packet 4 ?

Can someone tell me what all the documents should I carry for my US-born kid? Does my kid need to show up at the consulate office at the time of the interview?

Thanks.

December?

My packet 3 reached Mumbai consulate on 10/05/01 and was entered into the system on 10/10/01. I received an email from the Mumbai consulate saying that "you are most likely to be scheduled for a december interview, provided your case remains current." My priority date is 09/08/00 (EB2)....

No Title

When mumbai consulate will actually define date of interview...how many days before they do that..how we can get this infomation so that we can plan on booking tickets...because packet-4 may some time to arrive.

Check it out!!

Pls check the following site for Immigrant Visa Appointments:
http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhappt.html
Mumbai consulate usually post these visa appointments sometime between 13th and 15th of each month for the appointments of the next month. Most employment based visas are scheduled at the second half of the month but there are some exceptions. So you should be having about a month time to plan your travel.

Interview date and Priority date question.

Once we get the interview date do we have to worry about priority dates remaining current ? What happens if we get interview date on Nov 15, make travel arrangements book tickets etc. and on Dec. 15, the PD\'s in our case go back ? Will we still go for the interview ?

Is it that the PD\'s have to be current only while scheduling an interview ? I hope this is true.

please post your inputs here.

Thank you.

Medical Examination

Do you need to call ahead and schedule an appointment for the Medical Examination? Thanks.

The Operator @mumbai doesnot have the interview dates yet.

One of my relative called the Mumbai consulate today to ask the exact interview date for me. The operator did not have any additional information than confirming the interview will be scheduled in December. She also said that the interview dates are not yet available to them and they are still working on it. The operator asked to call after November 10.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Yes, after getting the interview date

skarekat,
As soon as you come to know your interview date you can call to schedule an appointment for your Medical Examination.
Thanks

Got the same info.

But from previous threads people have gotten their dates by phone around the 7th or 8th of the month. It is better to wait until the 10th of the month.

No Title

I am leaving on Nov 23 and returning Dec end. I have requested interview in first week of December. It is very difficult to get tickets at a reasonable price after Dec 28.

ANAND74...reply

Did your interview date confirmed for dec..whats the date ...?
How many days before we can know the date...I am also in the same boat...