December 2009 family based filers, post here

Filing for my parents GC

hI
I will be filing for my parents GC.

Do I need to get Non availability of Marriage certificates for my parents? I understand that I need non availability of borth as their birth was not registered,but do I also need non availabiliy of Marriage?

The municipality is ready to issue Marriage certificate, but the registration date on it would be todays date..Will it be okay? Has any one submitted Marriage certificate with registrtion date as late as 40 years after marriage.

For my mothers Non Availability of Birth certificate, should it contain her Maiden name or her married name?

Also, in the affidavits of Birth for my mother should it contain her maiden name or her married name.

Please help me out here..thanks

Shankar

Soft LUD today again and got the second card production email yesterday.what is the soft LUD for?
i Guess closing the EAD case.

DEC09FILER
when do u think i should be expecting my IL.

hI
I will be filing for my parents GC.

Do I need to get Non availability of Marriage certificates for my parents? I understand that I need non availability of borth as their birth was not registered,but do I also need non availabiliy of Marriage?

The municipality is ready to issue Marriage certificate, but the registration date on it would be todays date..Will it be okay? Has any one submitted Marriage certificate with registrtion date as late as 40 years after marriage.

For my mothers Non Availability of Birth certificate, should it contain her Maiden name or her married name?

Also, in the affidavits of Birth for my mother should it contain her maiden name or her married name.

Please help me out here..thanks

Shankar

Birth affidavit for mother- should be name at birth- maiden name

Ever heard of marriage affidavits for aos??? Put that in your search engine. You will find samples and lots of info. Also get whatever doc you can even if they register it with todays date. Just attach a letter explaining why it has the wrong date on it....hope that helps...

Just to add a recent case I did of a marriage by proxy

I know people who have had this kind of marriage often have a very hard time finding information on the possibilities for their case. This is the timeline of a marriage by proxy with children:

Sent I - 485 Dec 14, 2009
Notice of action dated Dec 17, 2009
Fingerprints scheduled date Jan 17, 2010
Did Fingerprints walk in on Jan 07, 2010
Request for additional evidence Jan 11, 2010
Case resumed Feb 03, 2010
Employment authorization card ordered Feb 11, 2010
Interview date Mar 18, 2010
Green card production ordered Mar 18, 2010

Received GC. It was a wonderful journey. I am very thankful to this website for providing valuable information and also to active community members.
================================================== =============
AOS through US spouse
DO - Buffalo,NY
ASC: Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 1 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 2 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 8 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 29 - FP completed as per schedule. not a walk in
02/24/2010: Day 65 - AP and EAD Approved
03/10/2010: Day 78 - IL: Approved
03/20/2010: Day 88 - GC Card Received

Received GC. It was a wonderful journey. I am very thankful to this website for providing valuable information and also to active community members.
================================================== =============
AOS through US spouse
DO - Buffalo,NY
ASC: Syracuse, NY
12/23/09: Day 1 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
12/24/09: Day 2 - Packet delivered (long weekend--curious)
12/30/09: Day 8 - Cheques cashed / NOA!...(new year gift from USCIS)
01/20/2010: Day 29 - FP completed as per schedule. not a walk in
02/24/2010: Day 65 - AP and EAD Approved
03/10/2010: Day 78 - IL: Approved
03/20/2010: Day 88 - GC Card Received

Congrats friends we applied the same day but i got RFE expecting my IL soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well interview is tommorrow after lunch at seattle DO.... Hoping everything goes well as I've got everything including the kitchen sink packed in my bag...lol...I really dont like the rfe process...I couldnt believe i have ten years of our marriage in that one bag.

My husband is such a sweetie...Hes worried too (he forgot his wallet and phone today-which never happens) while he has trying to be supportive of me. Hes worried because he knows hes really bad at dates....lol..He never remembers his own family birthdays..I am the one that reminds him of his parents, nephews and neices birthdays.... For the first few years he would forget my birthday, our anniversary and valentines day....I remember every knitpicking date...Not a good combo. So we devised a compromise. Its my job to remind him one week before a date is to happen. If he still forgets i have the right to be upset at him...if i dont remind him i have to swallow it...lol...it works. We never had any issues after that. I program it into his cell phone as a reminder.

Now here we are going to interview and he has to know not only his family but my family stuff. Hes very close with my family but dates forget it.

i am hoping we get a nice officer that will work with us. I'm also hoping our son (4 yr old) is behaved. He can be difficult or the sweetest kid in seconds. Dr jekl/hyde personality. He can terrorize everyone or come out of it as the best behaved kid in the room.... Problem is i never know which one he will be at any given time. I can just envision giving him a time-out in the middle of the interview or him screaming through out it.

We will be heading out at lunchtime. Its about an hours drive. So you probably wont hear back from us until late evening (Pacific time) as we'll hit rush hr on the way back.

Wish us luck...we will need it...

PS ...My husband says not to stress as we have a real genuine case but i'm a virgo and its in our nature to stress about everything. We go on vacation and i stress about whether i will forget to pack the toothbrushes, whether i get window seats, if the hotel will have a clean bathroom, how to keep our valuables /passports safe etc....

They needed more marriage evidence and birth certificate from india didnt had my name on it .... I got it now and package is ready to be sent within two days ... what is the next procedure ... will they call for infopass ... how long it takes to receive response from uscis ...... After sending the package I found out my new b.c doesnt have my mothers last name or maiden name will that be acceptable .... I am worried ... please give me some reply

Hi all, I've been a little busy but rec GC in the mail weekend. Ge we its over. Wishing everyone else in line waiting for there interview best wishes!

Well interview is tommorrow after lunch at seattle DO.... Hoping everything goes well as I've got everything including the kitchen sink packed in my bag...lol...I really dont like the rfe process...I couldnt believe i have ten years of our marriage in that one bag.

My husband is such a sweetie...Hes worried too (he forgot his wallet and phone today-which never happens) while he has trying to be supportive of me. Hes worried because he knows hes really bad at dates....lol..He never remembers his own family birthdays..I am the one that reminds him of his parents, nephews and neices birthdays.... For the first few years he would forget my birthday, our anniversary and valentines day....I remember every knitpicking date...Not a good combo. So we devised a compromise. Its my job to remind him one week before a date is to happen. If he still forgets i have the right to be upset at him...if i dont remind him i have to swallow it...lol...it works. We never had any issues after that. I program it into his cell phone as a reminder.

Now here we are going to interview and he has to know not only his family but my family stuff. Hes very close with my family but dates forget it.

i am hoping we get a nice officer that will work with us. I'm also hoping our son (4 yr old) is behaved. He can be difficult or the sweetest kid in seconds. Dr jekl/hyde personality. He can terrorize everyone or come out of it as the best behaved kid in the room.... Problem is i never know which one he will be at any given time. I can just envision giving him a time-out in the middle of the interview or him screaming through out it.

We will be heading out at lunchtime. Its about an hours drive. So you probably wont hear back from us until late evening (Pacific time) as we'll hit rush hr on the way back.

PS ...My husband says not to stress as we have a real genuine case but i'm a virgo and its in our nature to stress about everything. We go on vacation and i stress about whether i will forget to pack the toothbrushes, whether i get window seats, if the hotel will have a clean bathroom, how to keep our valuables /passports safe etc....

Good luck with your interview today. Don't worry you guys will be fine. I do hope you remember your and your spouses birthdays and the day you got married. If you have a copy of your G-325A biographical information sheets you filled out with the I-130 then review that on the way to the appointment.

When we went to the interview the IO was going over the I-485 and on the last page it asked for a daytime telephone number. Since my wife was busy I was the one that filled out all of the forms, she reviewed them before signing. I put down her work number on the form and she starts to give the IO our home telephone number. I had to interpret my wife because she was getting the number confused (I am good with numbers). After I gave the telephone number to the IO, I said that we just changed the number a couple of months back, and my wife said that it is a land line and she doesn't call it and give it out a lot because she has a cell phone. The IO laugh and understood.

Stopping by this morning to wish you all the luck. I aint worried about you thou coz you're gonna knock 'em dead. :):)

APPROVED!!!!!!

Thanks guys. They drilled us about the past ten years. They kept asking how i managed to get in and out of the country so many times without being stopped...lol...i said i always told the truth...I didnt have any problems. I've been in and out of the states as a kid since my dad's family is in California. They questioned my husband about his prior divorce and how long hes been at his job. She was a business like asian woman maybe 40's. Very warm by the ending. It took 30 minutes. Alot of trick questions but we just kept telling the truth. We kept telling our story. She finally gave up and said she was recommending approval....awaiting the email now....their were no dates asked and my son was an angel....Thanks for all your good wishes....it really did help. Now we are waiting for the email......

k.

They needed more marriage evidence and birth certificate from india didnt had my name on it .... I got it now and package is ready to be sent within two days ... what is the next procedure ... will they call for infopass ... how long it takes to receive response from uscis ...... After sending the package I found out my new b.c doesnt have my mothers last name or maiden name will that be acceptable .... I am worried ... please give me some reply

seeku:

all we can do is wait to see if they have accepted it. If they take ur file off hold then they have if not you would probably order another birth certificate as a back up...just in case they send another rfe. I would wait a week to see if they accept the one you sent. If you are really worried call them and ask.

Kops: Got my fingers crossed for you buddy. Hoping its the nicest officer and easiest interview. I will be sending positive energy in your direction the entire time. Hoping for good news from you tommorrow.

I got the email yesterday morning of card production it was dated the 22nd but i got it on the 23rd...maybe theres a time lapse.

dec09filer :

Thanks a lot for your prep talk and blessings . Congratulations on your process . I usually think there should be both parents name on it .I wasnt sure about last name . I submitted copy of passport with the application .... it has last names on it .. would that be sufficient ... yeah will wait and see .... how long it takes to get some response from them after recieving rfe response .....

thank you once again

I got the email yesterday morning of card production it was dated the 22nd but i got it on the 23rd...maybe theres a time lapse.

I think the system sends the email out in batches. I got ours at 11pm the day of the interview. I don't suspect someone was working at 11pm.

Went for the interview and it is APPROVED.. At first I was a lil nervous, but i relaxed after we were sworn in. He didn't ask a lot of questions but how we met, and if we knew each other's family members. It was a real pleasant experience, he made jokes a lot and we kept laughing.

Thanks to you all for all the input and advise, I know for sure I would have never gone this far without this forums. lawyer fees are ridiculous, and I think we have to appreciate the value this brings to this community as a whole. Most people in here are unable to work and support themselves because of their status, let alone pay for lawyer fees and filing fees. So again Thank you so much for being patient with me and one another.

You'all ROCK!!!!!