December 2009 family based filers, post here

congrats i am the remain from December filer, i will post my post as soon as i go for my interview.
i have 9 days more lol.am so happy it will soon be over

Actually I'm still here too! My interview is this coming Tuesday. I can't wait to be done with all of this.

My husband's daughter (my step-daughter) filed for us both since Dec. 16th and we are still waiting anxiously. We did get our Work permits/SS Nos. but we have not heard anything about an interview for the GC. Some folk say sometimes it just arrives in the mail by the 6mth period, wish we are that lucky. Will update as soon as we get some hopefully positive news.

Updating today May 3, 2010 - Received RFE for my husband to get a DNA test done because his name is not on daughters Birth Certificate, hoping that when this is submitted everything else will go smoothly.

Time Line

12/16/09 - Posted I 130, I 485 & I 765
12/17/09 - Rec'd by Chicago Lock Box via UPS overnight delivery
12/21/09 - Checks cashed
12/22/09 - Rec'd NOA's for I 485 & I 765
01/02/10 - Rec'd notice for biometrics scheduled for 1/19/10
01/16/10 - Finger Print done (walk-in)
02/18/10 - EAD received in mail
04/28/10 - RFE (DNA Testing for husband & daughter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news yet on ABR universe....sending positive thoughts and wishes their way.

Realcool1: Are you ready for the interview? U r going to be okay...i know it.

ABR universe I just got back to the thread and just realized that your interview is tommorrow not today... I guess you must be nervous but dont worry its not as bad as people can make it sound. I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes for you until tommorrow. Will be waiting to hear your news....k

Any news yet on ABR universe....sending positive thoughts and wishes their way.

Realcool1: Are you ready for the interview? U r going to be okay...i know it.

yea i think so, but how will i no if my interview will be stock. am taking it easy because i believe every thing will be fine.

Positive thoughts and wishes going towards ABR today. Hope they have an easy and simple interview with good news for us all....

Realcool: Just be cool. You are going to be fine. I know because i've been helping you prepare for a month now. You have enough proof and have seen us all go through the interviews. Except for them asking for more info in a few cases nothing bad at all. So smile. Go in there and let them know how happily married you both are. Be communicative towards each other. Touch her back, hold the door and pull out her seat (your wifes). Finish each others sentences. Have answers ready for the things you think she might ask... how did u meet, where did u get married, who was at the wedding, r u planning a family, did u write to each other/email during the courtship? etc.... Remember to look the officer in the eye when answering questions and never lick your lips (a sure sign of lying). If you are nervous, dont laugh nervously, instead you say u r a bit nervous because u have heard horror stories of ins interviews. Have your wife start the story of how you met and you add your memories to that story here and there. like: "Yes i remember that day because you were wearing that blue dress for the first time and i got you yellow roses and you wanted the red ones from me so u were confused how i felt about you. That was the first time i said i loved you"

Kops:
How is life after this process? I got one job waiting tables but i've got a job offer as an assisstant general manager pending background checks. Its nice to get a paycheck after so long. We are loking at buying another car and a home soon. My son starts daycare soon. I feel so happy. I didnt realize how much it affected me not having a greencard until i actually received it. I felt a load off my shoulders (my husband said he felt that too as he felt he had finally done his duty right towards me). I know i dont have my career back but at least i have a job offer in this market. I wonder how everyone else is doing. I came back as promised for the last batch. Hopefully they will get their greencards by next week. Then we all come back in 2.5 yrs or so for citizenship. Take care my friend. k.

Kops:
How is life after this process? I got one job waiting tables but i've got a job offer as an assisstant general manager pending background checks. Its nice to get a paycheck after so long. We are loking at buying another car and a home soon. My son starts daycare soon. I feel so happy. I didnt realize how much it affected me not having a greencard until i actually received it. I felt a load off my shoulders (my husband said he felt that too as he felt he had finally done his duty right towards me). I know i dont have my career back but at least i have a job offer in this market. I wonder how everyone else is doing. I came back as promised for the last batch. Hopefully they will get their greencards by next week. Then we all come back in 2.5 yrs or so for citizenship. Take care my friend. k.

Dec09filer,

Im doing very well thanx for asking, I am enjoying the benefits of this card as well, i have already made plans to travel home. I can't wait to go see my famiy. I have looked into jobs as well, but haven't been succesful yet. I', confident i will find something. i even looked into gov jobs. This thing does make your options a lil better. You mentioned 2.5 yrs, i thought we should get ready after 21 months. My IO told me i need to start application 3 months b4 the card expires.

Oh you know my husband told me the same thing as well, he said "I know i have atleast done one thing right by you" :):)
He says i complain a lot...LOL

LOL...life has changed alot for me... My husband surprised me with a mercedes benz...it was my dream car...now its mine....

As for work i start the assistant manager position tommorrow. I'm so excited.

Its a big day for real cool and me tommorrow...goodluck real cool.....sending good wishes and prayers....

Kops: Keep changing your resume until you get one that works. It took me weeks of applying 25 plus places everyday to get this opportunity. Kops dont give up as your carrer can be just around the corner...keep trying...

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that our interview went very smoothly, approved w/ in 10 minutes! Our interview asked us very simple questions, no grilling of any sort. I'm so glad that it's all over! Thank you all so much for the support and helpful information. We saved sooo much money on lawyer fees thanks to this forum! I hope that I can no pass along my wisdom to those that must go through this process in the future.

Hello,

Wow! That was so quick.

Help...
I am a USC and would like to bring my wife from Africa. So Could you please help where to start? Do I need to send the I-130 first,or I-130 and I-864 together.

Hi everybody, I got a new job 2 months ago when i recieved my EAD. Having an EAD or Greencard makes all the difference.Many opportunities to look for and also we do not have to worry about being out of status for those who are on work permit visa.
Dec09, Real cool, Dhlunar- good to know that all went for you all.

Time Line

12/16/09 - Posted I 130, I 485 & I 765
12/17/09 - Rec'd by Chicago Lock Box via UPS overnight delivery
12/21/09 - Checks cashed
12/22/09 - Rec'd NOA's for I 485 & I 765
01/02/10 - Rec'd notice for biometrics scheduled for 1/19/10
01/16/10 - Finger Print done (walk-in)
02/18/10 - EAD received in mail
04/28/10 - RFE (DNA Testing for husband & daughter)
05/13/10 - DNA results submitted to Immigration (99.997%) so now we await word from them.