December 2009 family based filers, post here

Went for the interview and it is APPROVED.. At first I was a lil nervous, but i relaxed after we were sworn in. He didn't ask a lot of questions but how we met, and if we knew each other's family members. It was a real pleasant experience, he made jokes a lot and we kept laughing.

Thanks to you all for all the input and advise, I know for sure I would have never gone this far without this forums. lawyer fees are ridiculous, and I think we have to appreciate the value this brings to this community as a whole. Most people in here are unable to work and support themselves because of their status, let alone pay for lawyer fees and filing fees. So again Thank you so much for being patient with me and one another.

You'all ROCK!!!!!

Congratulations!

Kops!!!!!! APPPPPRRRROVED;)

Hurray!!!!! WE did it!!!!!
I'm so happy for you friend...its been a blast helping each other through this proccess. Thanks so much for helping me back up when i was ready to give up. As for the rest of you I agree you are all fantastic.....

We have a few more that i'm sure will get approved really soon. I'll stay on the thread as i know how much it helped me when i got frustrated. I'll stay until everyone of us is through this process. Promise.

As for the forum Kops has worded it perfectly. I couldnt afford a lawyer. For all the help i was getting i tried to help where i could. I learned alot about the process.

I got the second email today so cards on its way.....:D

Dec09filer,

You are right about supporting each other through the end. Not sure how many dec filer are still in the process thou, i know realcool1 is yet to have an interview, not sure of how many more ppl in Dec.

But congradulations to all who got approved or GC already. :):):):)

Dec09filer,

You are right about supporting each other through the end. Not sure how many dec filer are still in the process thou, i know realcool1 is yet to have an interview, not sure of how many more ppl in Dec.

But congradulations to all who got approved or GC already. :):):):)

yes, i have my IL since last week.i will update my signature now

kops thanks for checking on me

Last edited by a moderator:
They needed more marriage evidence and birth certificate from india didnt had my name on it .... I got it now and package is ready to be sent within two days ... what is the next procedure ... will they call for infopass ... how long it takes to receive response from uscis ...... After sending the package I found out my new b.c doesnt have my mothers last name or maiden name will that be acceptable .... I am worried ... please give me some reply

They needed more marriage evidence and birth certificate from india didnt had my name on it .... I got it now and package is ready to be sent within two days ... what is the next procedure ... will they call for infopass ... how long it takes to receive response from uscis ...... After sending the package I found out my new b.c doesnt have my mothers last name or maiden name will that be acceptable .... I am worried ... please give me some reply

I dont know whether they will accept it or not... we have to wait to see if they take the file off of hold. My birth certificate misspelled my middle name. They did accept the rfe and take my file off of hold. I got approved without it being mentioned again.

I got the greencard last night. Six days after the interview. It was a great moment. I'm finally at the end of my ten yr journey. Thanks to all for your help and encouragement. it was 107 days total with an rfe. I will stay on this forum until everyone gets their greencard from our thread as i promised but i just wanted to say thanks.:)

I got the greencard last night. Six days after the interview. It was a great moment. I'm finally at the end of my ten yr journey. Thanks to all for your help and encouragement. it was 107 days total with an rfe. I will stay on this forum until everyone gets their greencard from our thread as i promised but i just wanted to say thanks.:)

Congratulation

Hello all,
My case is little complicated.
I came here in 1997 in F1 visa from Nepal.
I went out of status since 2002. I got married with US citizen in 2004 after 1 year of dating. We have 4 yrs old daughter as well. I was not sure if we wanted to stay here or not but we decided to go ahead and process for GC. Keep in mind that I have been working illegally for about 5 yrs now.
I filed it on December 22 of 2009.
I had my fingerprints done on Feb of 2010.
They sent me letter for birth certificate which I didn't have at the time of filing but I was able to make one from Nepal and submitted it.
I got my EAD card on March 18 and I just received a letter for interview for May 18th.
I am just nervous because my case is not strong.
Any input will be appreciated about how my case can swing.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,
My case is little complicated.
I came here in 1997 in F1 visa from Nepal.
I went out of status since 2002. I got married with US citizen in 2004 after 1 year of dating. We have 4 yrs old daughter as well. I was not sure if we wanted to stay here or not but we decided to go ahead and process for GC. Keep in mind that I have been working illegally for about 5 yrs now.
I filed it on December 22 of 2009.
I had my fingerprints done on Feb of 2010.
They sent me letter for birth certificate which I didn't have at the time of filing but I was able to make one from Nepal and submitted it.
I got my EAD card on March 18 and I just received a letter for interview for May 18th.
I am just nervous because my case is not strong.
Any input will be appreciated about how my case can swing.
Thank you

if this is your story and you are not holding any thing back, your case is very strong,just take evidence of marriage, you child alone is the greatest evidence you could every get,go along with picture,joint utility bill,,joint credit card etc,as always tell the truth,if they ask tell them you have been working illegally,only answer questions you are ask.

Conclusion= you enter USA legally and you got marriage with long history,you have a child and you re filling in 2010,i believe you to good to go,remember always tell the truth.

Finally my parents' geen cards are approved. We are of last batch of Dec filers, see my signature for timeline.

Their interview times were at 2:15 pm and 2:45pm respectively. We arrived at IO downtown office at 2:00pm, their names were called at 2:30pm at the same time. Interview lasted 30 minutes or less. IO verified my parents’ names and my home address, ask me for neutralization certificate. IO then ask my parents 4 YES/NO questions, such as: Do you commit any crime? Are you a communist party member? Etc. Then IO took my parents’ APs and I94s, verified my parents’ names and my home address again. he also chat with me and my parnets about what they do (my parents are retired teachers). He told us the he recommends the approval, we will expect the green cards in two weeks. We wer out of the office by 3:00pm

Thanks all for your valuable information. All the best for you.

Finally my parents' geen cards are approved. We are of last batch of Dec filers, see my signature for timeline.

Their interview times were at 2:15 pm and 2:45pm respectively. We arrived at IO downtown office at 2:00pm, their names were called at 2:30pm at the same time. Interview lasted 30 minutes or less. IO verified my parents’ names and my home address, ask me for neutralization certificate. IO then ask my parents 4 YES/NO questions, such as: Do you commit any crime? Are you a communist party member? Etc. Then IO took my parents’ APs and I94s, verified my parents’ names and my home address again. he also chat with me and my parnets about what they do (my parents are retired teachers). He told us the he recommends the approval, we will expect the green cards in two weeks. We wer out of the office by 3:00pm

Thanks all for your valuable information. All the best for you.

Congratulations!

My wife was approved about a month ago and got her GC about two weeks later. She is still at the same job she was at before she got her GC and hasn't left the country yet, so it really hasn't hit her that she is a GC holder.

My mom's GC was approved today at interview.

Interview was at 8:15AM. Got called in by a stern looking lady officer. After the oath, asked for my address and asked my mom the standard 4-5 questions. Have you ever been arrested/convicted in US? Have you been involved in illegal gambling? Are you a member of the communist party? Did you ever lie to a US govt official.

She asked for my mom's original birth cert. ( I had originally submitted a non-availability obtained from Indian consulate and 2 affidavits). I replied that I have submitted all the originals with the application. She gave it a brief look and then asked my mom for signature and printed out the approval letter. No GC stamp unless you are travelling within the next 60 days. She said the GC should arrive before that. We thanked her and left with the approval letter.

My mom's GC was approved today at interview.

Interview was at 8:15AM. Got called in by a stern looking lady officer. After the oath, asked for my address and asked my mom the standard 4-5 questions. Have you ever been arrested/convicted in US? Have you been involved in illegal gambling? Are you a member of the communist party? Did you ever lie to a US govt official.

She asked for my mom's original birth cert. ( I had originally submitted a non-availability obtained from Indian consulate and 2 affidavits). I replied that I have submitted all the originals with the application. She gave it a brief look and then asked my mom for signature and printed out the approval letter. No GC stamp unless you are travelling within the next 60 days. She said the GC should arrive before that. We thanked her and left with the approval letter.

congrats i am the remain from December filer, i will post my post as soon as i go for my interview.
i have 9 days more lol.am so happy it will soon be over

Thanks a lot realcool1. Good luck for your interview.

485 status got updated "Document production or Oath Ceremony

On April 12, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

No change in 130 status online. Did not receive the email regarding card production.

Hi! Do I need to fill up form I-864 if my husband (USC) is full time student and didn't work for a long time?

Hi! Do I need to fill up form I-864 if my husband (USC) is full time student and didn't work for a long time?

First, I would recommend starting a new thread, since this one is for people who filed in December 2009.

However, to answer your question, yes. If your husband is the petitioner for your application, he is required to file a I-864 no matter how much money he made. If it is under the required amount then he will have to get a joint-sponsor to also file an I-864 with your application.