December 2009 family based filers, post here

Spouse Case got approved today. Interview went well and IO hardly had any questions. He just asked for our child's birth certificate and any supporting docs for his reference. We gave him copy of the house papers. Basically it was a slam dunk case as we have been married 4+ years and case was filed based on marriage to USC. My wife had an employment based case that the IO officer asked my wife to withdraw by signing a form.
Also when we reached home I got the e-mail notification saying that the card production has been ordered.
Good luck to all waiting. Your turn will come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spouse Case got approved today. Interview went well and IO hardly had any questions. He just asked for our child's birth certificate and any supporting docs for his reference. We gave him copy of the house papers. Basically ours was a slam dunk case as we have been married 4+ years and case was filed based on marriage to USC. Also my wife had an employment based case that the IO officer asked my wife to withdraw by signing a form.
Also when we reached home I got the e-mail notification saying that the card production has been ordered.
Good luck to all waiting. Your turn will come.

Congratulations!

last week. I went to the Social Security Department to get a new SSN card that without "only valid with authorization", and got it after three days later. :)

Green Card Recived.

This is a Great Forum. Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. Good Luck to all who are lined up for their interviews.

They needed more marriage evidence and birth certificate from india didnt had my name on it .... I got it now and package is ready to be sent within two days ... what is the next procedure ... will they call for infopass ... how long it takes to receive response from uscis

From my understanding...you did interview and you got an rfe from the interview. This is called a seconardy evidence rfe. It really is supposed to be a quick response time rfe but it depends on each case. The rfe turn around time is pretty quick. If thats the only issue then they should be able to send out your approval a day or two after receiving your response to the rfe. If they have real issues with you identity then it could take them a much longer time period. The average of the longer cases is about 6-8 months. If they suspect fraud then they do secondary interview one year later so the case goes over one yr mark.

I would suspect ur rfe should be responded within 2-3 weeks of sending it to them......

Ask rajiv or a lawyer for better advice....i'm just like you but i do like to read alot.....

My wife got her GC today in the mail.

I am the one that requested case status emails. I got a case status update email that the approval notice for the I-485 had been sent. She got the welcome letter a week ago. Is the case status approval notice email an error in their system or are they going to send another letter?

Do i have to change my last name for the interview??? what if i decided just to keep my name since i dont want any change

My wife kept her last name when we got married. We didn't get questioned about that by the IO at our interview. Everything she received from USCIS, including her GC, had her last name, and all documents I received from USCIS addressed to me had my last name.

Hey folks,
as you guys are a month a head was hoping someone could give me some info on what you need to get your SSN when you have you EAD? Looked up their website and couldnt find anything handy.

Many thanks,

Hey folks,
as you guys are a month a head was hoping someone could give me some info on what you need to get your SSN when you have you EAD? Looked up their website and couldnt find anything handy.

Many thanks,

Well all I did was go to the Social Security Office with EAD and passport and that was it and I received it in about a week and a half.

Hey folks,

Many thanks,

The Social Security card that you will receive after you get your EAD will say valid for employment only with DHS authorization. DHS authorization is your EAD. You will have to go back to the Social Security office to request a new card without that notation after you have received your green card.

For anyone that had received their green card, have you also received a case status email that an approval notice was sent a week and a half after getting the 1st CPO email? I was thinking that because of my wife's prior status (G-4) she had fill out two additional forms; one a copy will be sent to the IRS and the other a copy will go to the Department of State. I suspect her file was sent back to NBC to complete the processing of these two forms and someone updated the file yesterday which set off the case status email. Just checked the last update for the application and it was today.
Story regarding post approval is we had our interview on March 3rd. The card production order email came that night, and the 2nd one about a week later. Both the I-485 welcome letter and I-130 approval notice where received a week ago. My wife (the immigrant) received her card in the mail yesterday, but we also got a case status email yesterday that an approval notice was sent out on March 15th.

I asked this question before but I did not get a response: will it be a problem if we don't wear wedding rings? I explained before that my husband and I got married in a courthouse wedding w/ no family present. We are planning on having a large wedding w/ family coming from his home country next summer. A few of our close friends and family members know that we already got married and that we are going through the green card process but we don't really talk about it otherwise. We still introduce each other as fiancees.

I wear my engagement ring. Thoughts?

For anyone that had received their green card, have you also received a case status email that an approval notice was sent a week and a half after getting the 1st CPO email? I was thinking that because of my wife's prior status (G-4) she had fill out two additional forms; one a copy will be sent to the IRS and the other a copy will go to the Department of State. I suspect her file was sent back to NBC to complete the processing of these two forms and someone updated the file yesterday which set off the case status email. Just checked the last update for the application and it was today.
Story regarding post approval is we had our interview on March 3rd. The card production order email came that night, and the 2nd one about a week later. Both the I-485 welcome letter and I-130 approval notice where received a week ago. My wife (the immigrant) received her card in the mail yesterday, but we also got a case status email yesterday that an approval notice was sent out on March 15th.

Yes. It happened for us well. My wife received GC on Mar 15th and email approval y'day (16th).

Card production ordered.

Help to thank Jesus guys.i received the 2nd card production email.so waiting for the card and IL.at-lest i i know its has been sent:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:;)