December 2009 family based filers, post here

BEAUTIFUL STAMP ON MY PASSPORT

As I previous mentioned on the thread, my interview was on March 1st and there was one document missing. IO (man) told me that my case would be pending until I could bring the document. On Monday March 8th I went to the USCIS office, without an INFOPASS and got luck to talk to the IO who had previously interviewed my husband and I. He took the document and later on that day he called my cell phone and let me know the documents were enough and the case approved. As you notice, he told me over the phone, I didn't get a welcome letter or a stamp on my passport or anything...
I waited for an email update from the USCIS that day and nothing... so I schedule an INFOPASS for today.

I arrived at the USCIS around 9am. The officer (woman, today) was very helpful. She even mentioned that she saw my file before and loved the pictures. She explained me that the reason I didn't get an update on my email, was because the IO who approved my case didn't add the category of my file, so it was sitting in someone's else desk. She went back to him, got the information and processed the info on the system ordering my GC right away. I also explained her that my husband and I have already plans to go out of the country NEXT WEEK, so she got my passport and stamped the I-551 and told me the card should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Well, guess I got go pack, it has been 6 years I haven't been to my home... Good luck to all!

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview – pending
Mar 8th APPROVED
Mar 11th Stamp on my passport

congrats!!
I got a card production ordered e-mail yesterday. I actually thought it would take longer, but it took a week and a day from my interview..

Hi everyone! We had our interview and everything went just as we plan. The IO didnt ask for anything other than our birth cert. and the kids birth cert. I also got an email from USCIS re: my card has been ordered! Thanks to everyone that was helpful on here, also i wish everyone the best! I must say that God is truely awesome.

congrats!!

Naas,

Did you get your first or second card production order email yesterday? If that was the first then hopefully you will have your Welcome letter by early next week.

How long after receiving the second card production email should it take before the GC is here? I received the second email on Tuesday morning, but it said "March 8th" which was Mondays date, so does that mean it was mailed on Monday or Tuesday?

I already checked my mail today and got nothing but junk mail.

Naas,

Did you get your first or second card production order email yesterday? If that was the first then hopefully you will have your Welcome letter by early next week.

no,its the first one..
the IO couldn't approve me at the interview.. I guess he got the file ready within a week which I think was pretty fast :)
what is the welcome letter we are talking about? Is it like approval of i-485?

Dhlunar,I got the second card production email on 5th March. Still no sign of greencard. I already got the welcome letter. Anyway, it should not take more than 2 weeks.

Naas,

is the welcome letter we are talking about? Is it like approval of i-485?

The Welcome notice is the official approval notice of the I-485. It states "Welcome to the United States of America." The letter talks about when you should get the card and what to do if you don't. The petitioner is sent an approval for the I-130 and should receive it about the same time. The I-130 approval notice is a boring letter, compared to the I-485 letter. Both letters are printed on the standard I-797 Notice of Action. I photocopied both letters and put the originals in our safe deposit box.

Both letters where mailed from NBC. The notice date was the date the card went into production, and the postmark date was the next day.

Dhlunar,I got the second card production email on 5th March. Still no sign of greencard. I already got the welcome letter. Anyway, it should not take more than 2 weeks.

Ok, thanks. IO said they have to say 30 days, but said in reality it should be two weeks. Two weeks is going to be next Wednesday.

The Welcome notice is the official approval notice of the I-485. It states "Welcome to the United States of America." The letter talks about when you should get the card and what to do if you don't. The petitioner is sent an approval for the I-130 and should receive it about the same time. The I-130 approval notice is a boring letter, compared to the I-485 letter. Both letters are printed on the standard I-797 Notice of Action. I photocopied both letters and put the originals in our safe deposit box.

Both letters where mailed from NBC. The notice date was the date the card went into production, and the postmark date was the next day.
thanks for the info. Ialready got the i-130 approval. so waiting for the welcome letter now:)

He only asked a few questions and looked at the pictures, another IO came in and interrupted him and after that he walked out and came back in and said everything was fine and he'd stamp DH's passport. They found a Popeye's for me as well because I was hungry! and you can't deny a pregnant woman food lol

We're down on Hilton Head, it's great here

I've never heard of Hilton Head before, but I'm really only know of the larger cities around here. I think we were interviewed by the same officer, he only asked us a few questions too. My husband stopped at Popeye's in Manning, we don't have one near us lol.

I received my 10 year Permenant Residence Card today! I really can't believe it's over so fast, just a few months ago I felt like I was never going to get it! Went to SSA today and they said something wasn't matches up with DHS records, my GC has my husbands last name and all my other id's have maiden name. They said that DHS may not have updated their system yet. SSA sent it to them eventhough it didn't match, hopefully I;ll ge ti t soon.

I have an interview coming up in two weeks and there has been a job switch with my spouse. At the new job hes a part time employee and i am worried the last two pay stubs will hurt the GC decisions since it might be too low. Any idea what we should do, pls advise me.

Thanks

I received my 10 year Permenant Residence Card today!

We had our interviews the same day and got the card production order email at the same time. My wife hasn't received her card yet hopefully today, but we are going out of town for the weekend. I think I heard the cards are made and mailed from a production facility in KY which you are closer to in terms of mail then us.

I was wrong, the card is shipped from Lincoln, NE according to the postage mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an interview coming up in two weeks and there has been a job switch with my spouse. At the new job hes a part time employee and i am worried the last two pay stubs will hurt the GC decisions since it might be too low. Any idea what we should do, pls advise me.

Thanks

There is a few options:

Best option: Get a joint sponsor NOW. Fill out affadavit. Have the paycheques of last two months and job letter for them. Also their tax returns/transcripts for 2009,2008,2007 . Take them with you to the interview. Make sure they earn enough for their family unit and you. This is the back up plan so they dont deny you or send an rfe for a joint sponsor.

You could also bluff it by using the old pay stubbs from the okay already approved job. Just say you have not yet recieved the last pay cheque...which is true and pray they let it slip. If there is an rfe you could say found out you lost job right after interview and submit Joint sponsor info instead (everything listed above)....ofcourse you wont have job letter so this is NOT a good option.

Also check the poverty level on ur family unit size...you might still qualify. You could even get a job offer at a family/friend business that you never intend to work at....:cool: That may just bump you up to qualify... cleaning someone's house/ nanny/day care/ elder care /walk their dog/ etc...

Goodluck....see a lawyer if you want more accurate info....i'm just like you....not a lawyer:)

I recieved green card today;);) . Despite being virtual and unknown to each other, i felt better reading your experiences and sharing mine with you all. Good luck to everyone who are on this thread!!

11/27/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
11/30/09: Day 3 - Packet delivered via USPS
12/07/09: Day 10 - RFE -Application rejected for Incorrect method of payment of fee (* method of payment was personal check)
12/08/09: Day 11-Resubmitted the package with money order for $1010, $355
12/16/09: Day 16 - 4 NOAs received (dated dec 14th ), cases appeared online
12/17/09: Day 17 - Received FP letter for 01/6/2010
12/28/09: Day 31 - early walk in FP done! I-485 and I-765 touched
12/31/09: Day 33 - I-130, I-131 and I-765 touched -
01/23/10: Day 55- Recieved interview letter ( Interview scheduled for 02/23/10)
02/03/10: Day 66-EAD /AP Card production approval e-notice
02/08/10: Day 71-EAD card production email
02/12/10: Day 75-Recieved EAD
02/23/10: Day 86- Interview day
03/04/10: Day 95- 1-485/i-130 Touched- Approval email
03/08/10-Day 99-Wecome letter approval notices for both i-130,i-485
03/13/10- Day 104- Recieved Greencard

I recieved green card today;);) . Despite being virtual and unknown to each other, i felt better reading your experiences and sharing mine with you all. Good luck to everyone who are on this thread!!
11/27/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
11/30/09: Day 3 - Packet delivered via USPS
12/07/09: Day 10 - RFE -Application rejected for Incorrect method of payment of fee (* method of payment was personal check)
12/08/09: Day 11-Resubmitted the package with money order for $1010, $355
12/16/09: Day 16 - 4 NOAs received (dated dec 14th ), cases appeared online
12/17/09: Day 17 - Received FP letter for 01/6/2010
12/28/09: Day 31 - early walk in FP done! I-485 and I-765 touched
12/31/09: Day 33 - I-130, I-131 and I-765 touched -
01/23/10: Day 55- Recieved interview letter ( Interview scheduled for 02/23/10)
02/03/10: Day 66-EAD /AP Card production approval e-notice
02/08/10: Day 71-EAD card production email
02/12/10: Day 75-Recieved EAD
02/23/10: Day 86- Interview day
03/04/10: Day 95- 1-485/i-130 Touched- Approval email
03/08/10-Day 99-Wecome letter approval notices for both i-130,i-485
03/13/10- Day 104- Recieved Greencard

congrats!!!

Thanks

When we went to the interview about two weeks ago the IO looked at my G-325A and saw my current employer and said "And you work at the (name of my employer)," and checked it off with a red pen. I don't recall if she asked me the question or just saw it. At the end of the interview I asked about the I-864 since I didn't make a lot last year but put down my assets. The IO said she saw it in the file and flipped to mine, she said that they don't deal with them there and they are handled by NBC. She said NBC approved mine in full and we didn't need a joint sponsor. She then showed me the stamp on my 1st page of the I-864 at the bottom of the page with the approval.

So, there is a chance they might not even ask about the I-864 because that is handle at NBC and not at the local office, but as others have mentioned I would be prepared in case they do ask for a new I-864 because of the job change. You might also be able to use assets such as cash in accounts or entire investments accounts.