December 2009 family based filers, post here

I had 485 interview on mar-1... My bc had no name got rfe .... After submitting an rfe ... how long does uscis take to respond .... what is the regular process .. will they ask us to come for stamping ...is it related to infopass appointment ....

quick question.. My lawyer told me to put everything down and on my G-325 form and i have mentioned that i have worked during my out of status period (it was a cash job). I submitted my spouses last 3 years w2... Will i be asked for any tax documents or any other questions during my interview??

quick question.. My lawyer told me to put everything down and on my G-325 form and i have mentioned that i have worked during my out of status period (it was a cash job). I submitted my spouses last 3 years w2... Will i be asked for any tax documents or any other questions during my interview??

As long as you r married to US citizen its okay that you stayed or worked out of status prior to applying...dont do it now until you get EAD....yes you will get questions and no one can predict which ones...The reason they want financial info and tax is to check the stability of the 864 (Petioner Affidavit of Support)...You r income and financials really only matter if you are being a joint sponsor on future earning potential (if ur petitioner doesnt make enough to meet guidelines)....honestly if they ask you questions about your cash job its to mess with ur head....

I'm not a lawyer u could ask Rajiv or your own lawyer if you want more accurate info......

I had 485 interview on mar-1... My bc had no name got rfe .... After submitting an rfe ... how long does uscis take to respond .... what is the regular process .. will they ask us to come for stamping ...is it related to infopass appointment ....

From my understanding...you did interview and you got an rfe from the interview. This is called a seconardy evidence rfe. It really is supposed to be a quick response time rfe but it depends on each case. The rfe turn around time is pretty quick. If thats the only issue then they should be able to send out your approval a day or two after receiving your response to the rfe. If they have real issues with you identity then it could take them a much longer time period. The average of the longer cases is about 6-8 months. If they suspect fraud then they do secondary interview one year later so the case goes over one yr mark.

I would suspect ur rfe should be responded within 2-3 weeks of sending it to them......

Ask rajiv or a lawyer for better advice....i'm just like you but i do like to read alot.....

At our interview when the officer said that she was recommending approval, I asked about my I-864 since I didn't make a lot during 2009 (I was a student and working part-time) but had enough assets. The officer then said they don't handle it there and it was already reviewed. She flipped to my I-864 in the packet and said NBC approved it in full, so they didn't need to review the second sponsor I sent in. Again, I am not a lawyer, but I take it if you don't get anything from NBC then there is chance they are ok with your papers. It is also important to tell the truth no matter what since not telling the truth could be consider lying to an federal official and if they found out after they approved your GC then it is cause for them to re-review your case.

When I filled back in December, I sent them a copy of my tax and w-2/1099 transcripts from the IRS for 2008. I haven't done my 2009 taxes yet, but had had all of my tax forms (W-2/1099) with me when I went for the interview, and I had the 2006, 2007, and 2008 tax transcripts with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
DEC09 filer
wanted to know if it was the same day they received your RFE,your case resumed and got the EAD production ordered,
because its not clear form your signature,i think the paper of our RFE was different color the 2nd time.

Hey guys, I wonder if we should bring our original Naturalization Certificate to the interview? Or can we bring copy?
The reason is the post office still has my original Naturalization Cert (expect it to be back within 4-6 weeks) and we received an IL for my wife...
Please advice. Thanks!!

DATE STATUS
18-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
19-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application - Day 2
25-Jan-10 Check Cleared - Day 7
28-Jan-10 Notice of Action I-130/I-485/I-765 Received - Day 10
04-Feb-10 FP Notification (appt date 02/18/2010 - not needed) - Day 17
05-Feb-10 FP Date (walk in) - Day 18
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter for 04/07/2010 - Day 45
07-Apr-10 Interview Date - Day 79
xx-xxx-xx Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
xx-xxx-xx Green Card Received

For those who already got their cards, do we receive a second CPO email when the card is mailed? I haven't received a second I was just wondering.

For those who already got their cards, do we receive a second CPO email when the card is mailed? I haven't received a second I was just wondering.

Yes. I've received the second email/text message.
It's just matter of time you receive your GC. Congrats.

As long as you r married to US citizen its okay that you stayed or worked out of status prior to applying...dont do it now until you get EAD....yes you will get questions and no one can predict which ones...The reason they want financial info and tax is to check the stability of the 864 (Petioner Affidavit of Support)...You r income and financials really only matter if you are being a joint sponsor on future earning potential (if ur petitioner doesnt make enough to meet guidelines)....honestly if they ask you questions about your cash job its to mess with ur head....

I'm not a lawyer u could ask Rajiv or your own lawyer if you want more accurate info......

Thanks a lot for the response. I guess if they wanted to know more by now i would got RFE about it. Its just that i wasnt married at the time and was out of f-1 status

DEC09 filer
wanted to know if it was the same day they received your RFE,your case resumed and got the EAD production ordered,
because its not clear form your signature,i think the paper of our RFE was different color the 2nd time.

Ead approval was sent 1/29 ...second email 2/3 arrived i think 2/6....Me and kops have almost identical signatures... Pink rfe this time? Yellow is initial evidence/pink is secondary...

Hey guys, I wonder if we should bring our original Naturalization Certificate to the interview? Or can we bring copy?
The reason is the post office still has my original Naturalization Cert (expect it to be back within 4-6 weeks) and we received an IL for my wife...
Please advice. Thanks!!

DATE STATUS
18-Jan-10 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
19-Jan-10 USCIS Received Application - Day 2
25-Jan-10 Check Cleared - Day 7
28-Jan-10 Notice of Action I-130/I-485/I-765 Received - Day 10
04-Feb-10 FP Notification (appt date 02/18/2010 - not needed) - Day 17
05-Feb-10 FP Date (walk in) - Day 18
04-Mar-10 Interview Letter for 04/07/2010 - Day 45
07-Apr-10 Interview Date - Day 79
xx-xxx-xx Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
xx-xxx-xx Green Card Received

Koala Bear- ... They want to see original Naturalization and original birthcertificate of sponsor.

You should recieve your passport soon. Is there any way they can expedite your passport so you can get the document back? You probably will have one of three things happen.....You luck out and the officer never asks to see it. Two the officer asks and gives you an rfe to bring it in with an info pass. Three the officer reschedules your interview. I doubt the third. Either way do show up at the interview with your copy. But there is still 30 days left to you interview so you could recieve it back. I would go on the naturalization thread and ask them how long it took to actually get their passports. I remember being surprised at getting my son's passport really fast despite them saying 4-6 weeks (i think it was like 2 weeds and a few days)......

Hello All,
Just coming back from our interview. Our interview was scheduled at 11:30 AM. We got there at 11:15AM. We were called in at 11:45 AM. The officer was a lady, she was accompanied by another lady (who I am assuming was a trainee because she didnt ask anything during the interview). Our case was a fairly straightforward case, we have been married for 4.5 years and have a son who was born last year.

That is what the officer said, when she started the interview. She verified all the information, Name/SSN/Home Address/Parents Name both for me and my wife. Then she confirmed with my wife the I485 Yes/No questions. Finally she asked for the marriage proof, I showed her our marriage certificate and the pictures (our wedding and others). After going through half of them, she gave up and said I am going to approve your case. She took away my wife's H1 and I94. She also took away the EAD card. She gave a letter which says that my wife is a Permanent Resident from today's date. She said that we should get the card in 2-4 weeks.

In all, fairly quick and easy process. Thank you all for your support and advise. See yall in about 3 years.

Here is the updated timeline:
Concurrently filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 for my wife.
12/04/2009: Mailed to Chicago
12/10/2009 : Arrived at lockbox
12/15/2009: Priority date
12/15/2009: Check Cashed
12/19/2009: NOA Received
01/06/2010: FP Notice Received
01/08/2010: FP Date/FP Completed
01/29/10: EAD Production Ordered (Email)
02/03/10: EAD Production Ordered (2nd Email)
02/04/10: IL (Scheduled for 3/8)
03/08/10: Interview and GC Approved

Hello All,
Just coming back from our interview. Our interview was scheduled at 11:30 AM. We got there at 11:15AM. We were called in at 11:45 AM. The officer was a lady, she was accompanied by another lady (who I am assuming was a trainee because she didnt ask anything during the interview). Our case was a fairly straightforward case, we have been married for 4.5 years and have a son who was born last year.

That is what the officer said, when she started the interview. She verified all the information, Name/SSN/Home Address/Parents Name both for me and my wife. Then she confirmed with my wife the I485 Yes/No questions. Finally she asked for the marriage proof, I showed her our marriage certificate and the pictures (our wedding and others). After going through half of them, she gave up and said I am going to approve your case. She took away my wife's H1 and I94. She also took away the EAD card. She gave a letter which says that my wife is a Permanent Resident from today's date. She said that we should get the card in 2-4 weeks.

In all, fairly quick and easy process. Thank you all for your support and advise. See yall in about 3 years.

Here is the updated timeline:
Concurrently filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 for my wife.
12/04/2009: Mailed to Chicago
12/10/2009 : Arrived at lockbox
12/15/2009: Priority date
12/15/2009: Check Cashed
12/19/2009: NOA Received
01/06/2010: FP Notice Received
01/08/2010: FP Date/FP Completed
01/29/10: EAD Production Ordered (Email)
02/03/10: EAD Production Ordered (2nd Email)
02/04/10: IL (Scheduled for 3/8)
03/08/10: Interview and GC Approved

Congrats!

Ead approval was sent 1/29 ...second email 2/3 arrived i think 2/6....Me and kops have almost identical signatures... Pink rfe this time? Yellow is initial evidence/pink is secondary...

Yes its a pink this time,this means that i will still have to wait 20days,because it was 20days after they received the 1st RFE that was when my case was touched.:confused:

We received only one so far. Today, we received the Welcome Letter.

Congrats dallas812.

Thanks a lot dec09filer, I was pretty nervous.. I called the USCIS this morning, they advice me the same thing you said. They told me chances are low if they want to reschedule my interview because of this. So, they told me to go ahead to the interview with the copy and explain it to the interviewer if they ask. Hopefully we'll get the passport soon, one of my friend also said that his passport came back within 3 weeks despite the 4-6 weeks processing they told you.

Koala Bear- ... They want to see original Naturalization and original birthcertificate of sponsor.

You should recieve your passport soon. Is there any way they can expedite your passport so you can get the document back? You probably will have one of three things happen.....You luck out and the officer never asks to see it. Two the officer asks and gives you an rfe to bring it in with an info pass. Three the officer reschedules your interview. I doubt the third. Either way do show up at the interview with your copy. But there is still 30 days left to you interview so you could recieve it back. I would go on the naturalization thread and ask them how long it took to actually get their passports. I remember being surprised at getting my son's passport really fast despite them saying 4-6 weeks (i think it was like 2 weeds and a few days)......

Hello everybody,

For the ones who read my post last week, here is my update:
I stopped by the uscis office this morning. I had all my hopes up that the security guard would let me get in and drop off the document I have missing at the day of my interview - last Monday March 1st. I explained him that I didn't have an appt or an info pass but the IO have suggested my to try my lucky day. The security didn't let me in, but called the IO downstairs. He recognized me but not my case, so he took my papers/documents, my phone number and said he would call me if there is something else he would need for my case.
I couldn't believe when my phone rang this afternoon and it was a number I have never seen before. It was the IO calling me back to PERSONALLY let me know that my case was approved, adding that he was ordering my card today and I will have in 2-3 weeks. That was so nice of him... Can't explain in words how happy and relieved my husband and I are.

Good luck to all the ones interviews are coming up soon. I will keep posting my updates and trying to help the ones who have questions about the process, which for me was very smoothly and easy.

Nov 30th NOAs received (Notice of Action is your receipt/letter that you received after you filed your forms)
Dec 21st Biometrics notice received
Jan 7th Biometrics appointment done
Jan 19th 1st email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 19th
Jan 25th 2nd email EAD card production ordered on Jan, 22h
Jan 27th Received EAD card on the mail
Jan 28th Applied for SSN
Jan 30th Received Interview Letter for March 1st, 2010
Feb 5th Received SSN
Mar 1st Interview – pending
Mar 8th APPROVED

Updates!!!

11/27/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765)
11/30/09: Day 3 - Packet delivered via USPS
12/07/09: Day 10 - RFE -Application rejected for Incorrect method of payment of fee (* method of payment was personal check)
12/08/09: Day 11-Resubmitted the package with money order for $1010, $355
12/16/09: Day 16 - 4 NOAs received (dated dec 14th ), cases appeared online
12/17/09: Day 17 - Received FP letter for 01/6/2010
12/28/09: Day 31 - early walk in FP done! I-485 and I-765 touched
12/31/09: Day 33 - I-130, I-131 and I-765 touched -
01/23/10: Day 55- Recieved interview letter ( Interview scheduled for 02/23/10)
02/03/10: Day 66-EAD /AP Card production approval e-notice
02/08/10: Day 71-EAD card production email
02/12/10: Day 75-Recieved EAD
02/23/10: Day 86- Interview day
03/04/10: Day 95- 1-485/i-130 Touched- Approval email
03/08/10-Day 99-Wecome letter approval notices for both i-130,i-485:D