Dec Interview - Mumbai-

Monty,
Regarding PCC it's both. They will put a stamp on ur passport + give a letter too.
And I think it's always better to carry excess docs - particulary for CP interview. I will carry experience letters etc.....
best of luck !!
Ranen

Gents,
To my e-mail, Mumbai consulate replied that my interview would be in Jan-2003. :(
Anyway, Best of luck to all of you !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Conflicting Information from Mumbai

we hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in December 2002 or Jan 2003. If you do not receive the appointment letter by post, then you may have someone on your behalf come to the consulate's information counter, between 0830 - 1100 a.m. and pick up a duplicate packet IV.

Attached above is the reply I received from Mumbai. This was sent in regards to a query for an Interview date. Let us see what happens on Nov 15th.

Regards,
Bapa

Probably, they have started getting the christmas and new-year's leave application from interviewer !!
cheers!!
Ranen

MONTH NONIMMIGRANT VISAS ISSUED IMMIGRANT VISAS ISSUED

1-Oct 4,842 1,204
1-Nov 5,438 1,163
1-Dec 6,417 1.015
2-Jan 7,398 829
2-Feb 6,917 566
2-Mar 8,377 806
2-Apr 11,885 1,197
2-May 11,525 1,170
2-Jun 10,145 992
2-Jul 9,810 1,036
2-Aug 5,799 1,043
2-Sep 4,482 979
Total 93,035 10,986

MONTH NONIMMIGRANT VISAS ISSUED IMMIGRANT VISAS ISSUED

1-Nov 5,438 1,163
1-Dec 6,417 1.015
2-Jan 7,398 829
2-Feb 6,917 566
2-Mar 8,377 806
2-Apr 11,885 1,197
2-May 11,525 1,170
2-Jun 10,145 992
2-Jul 9,810 1,036
2-Aug 5,799 1,043
2-Sep 4,482 979
2-Oct 5,913 1,073
Total 94,106 10,855

Ranen:
If you study the spreadsheet above you will observe that Dec is a very busy month of the year. Visa Interviews are done by Americans. However all the backoffice processing is done by Indians.
So dont think it is vacations. I think it is the INS and FBI. Since they do another FBI check ( this is taken care of at NVC now) and INS clearance. INS provides the VISA NUMBERS ( NVC takes care of this too). However consulate is supposed to reverify the VISA number with INS. ( that might be taking time)

Hopefully I should still get December. I thnk Dec 20th or the 23rd should be my Visa Interview. I am sticking to my analysis. Let us see what happens now.

Cheers,
Bapa

Bapa,
Splendid!! U r just on the dot!! And Yes, I still beleive that u would be scheduled for Dec-02 - it's as sure as my death!!!
One more point if u notice cptracker.com for Interview Dt=Jan, u will find that this delay is normal.
Anyway, let's see how it moves...
cheers!!
Ranen

Hoping for Dec 2002

Ranen Da:

I looked up CPtracker for Mumbai Interviews in Jan. However you should factor in the new process which kicked off after Feb 2002. Prior to that NVC would send you P3 and you would send P3 to consulate.

Getting back to the original discussion. If you review all the applicants for Mumbai after Feb 2002, the general patter is interviews are being scheduled after 59 to 75 days of NVC sending the case ( the timeline is from the date NVC sends the case to the consulate). By that criteria it is taking now 60 to 62 days for interviews to be schedule.

Only caveat to the analysis being, one should not be unfortunate to miss the bus. Which is very much true for folks who's application has been dispatched to the consulate at fag end of the month.

For example your case. However what happens in such cases is that you will end up being interviewed either on Jan 7th or Jan 14th.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hoping for Dec 2002. Wish me luck.

Cheers
Bapa

How long does it take for NVC to review. Today when I called NVC they told me that my file it taken up for reviewing. When can I expect the file to be tranferred to Mumbai?

NVC says, it would take 6-8 weeks to review the case. Mine took 5 weeks from the date it reached NVC from St.Louis. My case was reviewed on 10/30 (and recd by NVC on 09/17).

Originally posted by rana1986
How long does it take for NVC to review. Today when I called NVC they told me that my file it taken up for reviewing. When can I expect the file to be tranferred to Mumbai?

It will take 6-8 weeks from the date NVC receives your packet 3. You can Call NVC at 603-334-0700 and find out when they received the packet and when is the review likely to be done.

Originally posted by rana1986
Hi pattu
My file is already taken up for reviewing. Will it take 6 weeks from now?

Bapa,
All the best to u !!! And ...
Thanks for ur feedback. The only factor is that accord to CPtracker, enough post is not made for jan-02 Mumbai interview cases.The earliest one is scheduled on 17th Jan. Probably they go real slow on Jan.
If I'm scheduled for Jan Interview, when can i expect my pkt-4 ?
Will it be before 10th Dec ?
cheers!!
Ranen

I got a mail from the consulate. My interview date is on Dec 11. About 62 days from NVC Sent Case to Consulate to the Interview Date.

Interview Date

I got a mail form the consulate that my interview is on Dec 3.. It is so early in December that I may have to look at the possibility of rescheduling it ..

Bapa, I guess your date would also be pretty close..

All the best!!

This is the email I got from Mumbai consulate. My interview is on Dec 23rd. As predicted. :)

Anyone for Dec 23 please raise their hands.

********************Email from Mumbai*************

You and your spouse have been scheduled for an interview on December 23, 2002 at 09:30 a.m. Packets 4 (appointment letters with enclosures) were mailed to you as well as your attorney on November 6, 2002.

Haymth dont postpone, just go man. Pay extra price for the tickets if you have to. If I were in your place I would have gone even if my interview was on the Nov 7th. But that is me.

Dec Interview

Congrats, Bapa!!

Acutally my packet 3 was also forwarded to Mumbai on Oct 23.. I don't know how they could assign such an earlier date.. Maybe it is a typo and infact my date is also Dec 23?? I will call them up and confirm tonight..

The reason I was thinking of postponing was because my wife goes to school and it may not be possible for her from a scheduling perspective.. I guess we will have to go anyway.. We will work something out..

All the best!!

Haymth:
I think that is the case. It is a typo. 2 and 3 are pretty close. They must have forgotten the 2. Dont call them today. It is a pain calling them, instead shoot another email and re-confirm the date. Their turnaround time is less than 24 hours.

Shoot me an email at manroy@hotmail.com if you have any questions. Are you in Chicago. Let me know.

Cheers,
Bapa

Haymth,
Bapa is correct. Don't call them. Nobody will pick up. If u call them call between 2PM -4PM of Mumbai time.
E-mail is much better option..
GOOD luck guys!!!
cheers!!
Ranen

CP interview

haymyth,

I am waiting to hear from Mumbai consulate about my interview date- emailed them again today. (NVC sent them my application on Oct 17)

Just wanted to check if your wife is on a F1 visa or H4?
Do you know of any additional documents to be carried if she is on F1 apart from the I-20 from the school?

Thanks,
Amit