Dec Interview - Mumbai-

Haymth:
Our chances are fairly decent for December Interviews. However we will have to wait and see what happens.

Ranen:
I think if your case does not make it to the consulate before the 1st of Nov, then you would getting an early Janurary Interview. I think the cut-off date for Mumbai is 31st of Oct for December Interviews.
Medicals are valid for a period of 6 months. However you require the appointment letter to undergo the medical exam. That will only happen once you are scheduled for interview. Good luck.

Cheers,
Bapa

Company Letter

Hi all,

Just wanted to check if any of you have a sample employment letter that we need to get from our company for the interview.

Apart from the salary and position description, are there any other things are are specifically necessary to be mentioned?

thanks,
Amit

Has anybody collected tax-transcripts yet ? What's the actual form No ? And how long it's valid ?
Thanks heaps in advance!!!
cheers!!
Ranen

I have collected Tax Transcript from IRS. IRS has two version. One requires form 4056 or 4086 but then they charge you $13 for each tax year. These are your actual return you have filed

They have another way of obtaining officical tax transcript for which there is no charge. You will have to look up the number at www. IRS.GOV look under individuals and search for 'Tax Transcript'

Tax Transcript are valid for ever since they do not change once filed.

You can aslo collect your tax transcript from the local IRS office. Make sure that the office is open for Walk ins and time of operations. Address is available on the IRS website.

However phone is better and tax transcript come to your residence in 10 working days

Cheers,
Bapa

Bapa
Thanks for the info on Tax transcripts!!
R u going to send mail to Mumbai consulate this weekend for a probable interview date ? Please update accordingly...
cheers!!
Ranen

IRS Toll free phone number: 1-800-829-1040

Originally posted by Bapa
I have collected Tax Transcript from IRS. IRS has two version. One requires form 4056 or 4086 but then they charge you $13 for each tax year. These are your actual return you have filed

They have another way of obtaining officical tax transcript for which there is no charge. You will have to look up the number at www. IRS.GOV look under individuals and search for 'Tax Transcript'

Tax Transcript are valid for ever since they do not change once filed.

You can aslo collect your tax transcript from the local IRS office. Make sure that the office is open for Walk ins and time of operations. Address is available on the IRS website.

However phone is better and tax transcript come to your residence in 10 working days

Cheers,
Bapa

Employment letter

Hello all,

Please reply if you know what kind of letter is needed from the employer for CP interview. If anyone has a sample letter, please forward it.

I got the IRS transcripts couple of months back- it was very simple. just use their automated system, and specify which year returns you want (last 3 yrs would be 1999-2001), and they mail it to you within couple of weeks. i used the free service.

cheers!
amit

Ranen:
I have already sent 3 emails to the Consulate for Interview dates in Dec. However they have to have the case inorder to schedule an interview. I hope I make December. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Mann

Email

I emailed Mumbai few days back to ask about the interview date as well- haven't heard anything back from them yet !!

-amit

Mann & amit,
Hope Mumbai consulate is busy with Nov Interview arrangement - I'm aure both of u get reply soon - but don't forget to update us.
Good luck to all !!

cheers!!
Ranen

Amit,
Yesterday I referred you to www.immihelp.com for a sample employment letter - was there any problem in viewing that ? If so, let me know ur e-mail addr, I'll send the same to u.
che1rs!!
Ranen

NVC confirms case being sent to Mumbai...

Hi Guys,

My lawyer forwarded a letter to me from NVC dated 17th October confirming my case has been forwarded to Mumbai. The letter has specifically asked to take last three years Tax Transcript and current financial supporting documents.

I have also sent email to Mumbai consulate. I haven’t received any reply yet…hope to hear back from them soon.

Monty.

Hi Monty,
I suppose, financial supporting doc is Employment letter -right ? Did u asked ur attorney specifically about this ?
cheers!!
Ranen

Hi Ranen,

I suppose, financial documents would be –

- Letter from employer with salary
- Letter from bank (Current Balance, Average Daily Balance, etc)
- I-134 (notarized)
- Tax Transcripts

I will ask my lawyer to clarify on Monday.

Are you guys planning to collect local PCC?

Monty.

Monty,
Last time when I taked to my attorney, he mentioned for our category( employment based ), employment letter declaring salary is only required. But definitely I'll be interested in ur attorney's reply and will arrange accordingly. In fact in DS-230-II, my attorney mentioned "N/A" for bank balance etc...
And I'm not collecting local PCC, it's not required for those staying here (in uS). I have collected my PCC from Indian consulate in Chicago.
best of luck !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Ranen and Other Folks:
For employment category only Employment Letter with salary is required. Further proof is your W2, tax transcript and for more security Bank Statements. I have included my house in my i-134 form and my life insurance, though it is not required.

Emp. Letter is mandatory as proof. If you have that, then that is more than enough.

i hope this clears the doubts.

Cheers,
Mann

Employment letter

Ranen,

Thanks for the link for sample employment letter.

It's interesting that the letter mentions that the company will have a permanent job for you after residency is approved. i doubt my company will give that in writing, given the current layoffs.

Hopefully, excluding that statement won't cause a problem at the CP interview.

Thanks again!
Amit

Amit,
Instead ask them to write - something like ur "employment is in good standing" etc.
cheers!!
Ranen

amit,
Also, u can talk to attorney - I think he/she will certainly help u out.
best of luck!!
cheers!!
Ranen

thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions!- its great to have this forum where we can share information!