4. Two passport size photos
5. Previous vaccination records, if you have

Folder M2: Spouse Medical Test
1. Copy of cover letter from consulate
2. Copy of OF-171: Appointment letter from Consulate
3. Passport
4. Two passport size photos
5. Previous vaccination records, if you have

======================================================================================

Folders for CP Interview
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.0 Folder CP: My - CP interview

1. Two Immigration photographs signed in the back (1.5in by 1.5 in.) - Do
2. One Immigration photograph UNSIGNED (1.5in by 1.5 in.)
3. Passport
4. Original cover letter from consulate
5. Demand Draft(s) for me in right amount - This is not required if you have paid $335 in the US
6. OF-171: Appointment letter from Consulate (original letter)
7. Employment letter (Original and NOTARIZED)
8. Employment letter - 2 (Original and NOTARIZED)
9. PCC - Original
10. Copy of PCC
11. Birth Certificate - Original
12. Copy of Birth Certificate
13. Translation of BC - Original
14. Copy of Translation of BC
15. Marriage Certificate - Original
16. Copy of Marriage Certificate
17. Copy of DS230 Part I
18. DS230 Part II Visa application (Part-II UNSIGNED)
19. IRS 9003 form
20. Medical reports (no need to carry X-rays)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.0 Folder CP: Spouse - CP interview

1. Two Immigration photographs signed in the back (1.5in by 1.5 in.)
2. One Immigration photograph UNSIGNED (1.5in by 1.5 in.)
3. Passport
4. PCC original
5. Copy of PCC
6. Birth Certificate - Original
7. Copy of Birth Certificate
8. Translation of BC - Original
9. Copy of Translation of BC
10. Copy of Marriage Certificate (Make sure original is in My' CP folder)
11. Affidavit of support for spouse I-134 (original and NOTARIZED)
12. Copy of DS230 Part I
13. DS230 Part II Visa application (Part-II UNSIGNED)
14. Copy of My employment letter
15. IRS 9003 form
16. Medical reports (no need to carry X-rays)
17. Birth Certificate or Passport of US born Children

3.0 Folder CP: My Additional Documents

1. SSN Card - Original
2. Copy of SSN
3. Latest H-1 approval notice
4. Originals + supporting docs of all H1, F1, I-20's, H4's etc.
5. Copies of Labor certificate, I-140 application, I-140 approval etc.
6. work experience letters - set of originals
7. Set of copies of work experience letters
8. Education related documents - Set
9. Set of copies of education documents.
10. Three months bank statements
11. last 3 years tax returns (1998, 1999, 2000)
12. Tax transcripts.
13. Pay stubs
14. Original Apartment lease
15. Copy of apartment lease

4.0 Folder CP: Spouse's Additional Documents

1. SSN Card - Original
2. Copy of SSN
3. Latest H-4 approval notice
4. All H4s
5. Education related documents - Set
6. Set of copies of education documents.
7. Few wedding photos
8. Wedding card.( Not Important- Dont Worry if you cant find one)

5.0 Folder CP: Information on Company

1. Company docs (Financial Statements, Stocks info, etc.)
2. Pay slips with current, sponsoring employer
3. Pay slips with previous employers in US. ( Not Important)
4. Notarized letters from company for name change, merger etc if applicable.
5. Print outs from company web site. ( Not Important)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:D Phew! Are we done yet

Hi guys, Probably I'll be scheduled for Jan Interview. Called NVC today, they r yet to send my case to Mumbai - although the lady mentioned it might be even today - u never know!!!
Anyway, best of luck to all of u.
cheers!!
Rabeb

Folks:
Did anyone of the prospective Dec Mumbai Cpers hear back from Consulate . I have sent them 4 emails but to no avail. My wife who is in India right now has been trying to reach them via the phone. Can you please post your details of your contact with the Consulate.

Bapa

Consulate

No response to my email either.

Someone told me that there are better chances of reaching them via fax.

Amit

Bapa and others,
NVC has sent my case to Mumbai yesterday only. Do u think there's any probability of having an interview on Dec. ?
cheers!!
Ranen

Ranen:
Start sending email to Mumbai about possible hardships etc and then keep your fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Ranen

Seems that u r tensed !! u signed as me !! - :)
cool down mannn!!
Anyway, I'll start calling them from next week !!
cheers!!
Ranen

My case has reached the consulate. It is in the system. My wife spoke with the Visa officer. Consulate numbers are
3637407/ 3637408/ 3633611. Try the third number and beg the operator. Give any rag patti ( Bombay people will understand :) )
Tell her to connect to the Visa/immigration officer.

Will get to know interview details on Nov 15th. Chances of Dec interview are very very high ( It is not over until the Fat Lady sings). Visa officer has said Dec interview chances are very high. ( However I know I will get Dec). Will post further details whenever I get it.

Cheers,
Bapa

PS: A thousand apologise to you Ranen dada.
:)

Bapa,
There we go .... Great News !!!
So exactly after a week, the case is in their system. Good!!
BEST OF LUCK!!
cheers!!
Ranen

I got a reply back from Mumbai. Text of email received from Mumbai and what i wrote to them.
We hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in December 2002.
----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 9:25 PM
To: mumbaiIV@state.gov
Subject: Immigration Visa Interview Scheduling Request for December Case
# BMB 1234-56-7890
Dear Sir/Madam:
My case number is BMB 1234-56-7890 My case was reviewed and approved by NVC
on Oct 15th 2002. NVC has forwarded my case to the consular post on Oct 22nd
2002 via DHL.. It is my earnest request that you please schedule my interviewfor the month of December.I am currently working in the US on an H1-B visa status. I have plans to
visit India in the month of December. My current visa stamp on my passport has expired. I have obtained a renewal I-797 from INS and my H1-B visa has been extended until August 2004. Immigration Visa interview scheduled inDecember
would be very convenient for me and my company.
On the contrary if my Immigration Visa interview is not scheduled in December, I would have to renew my H1-B visa stamp on my passport and make another trip to India with my spouse. Resulting in financial and logistical
hardship. In view of these facts I would request the Immigration office at the U S Consulate - Mumbai to please grant me December Interview slot.
I look forward to a favorable reply. In anticipation.
Thank You
Bapa
Ranen da: I am most probably flying on Dec 13th of Dec 21st depends on the date now. I will be taking the Air India flight out of Ohare Chicago.

Cheers,
Bapa

Congrats, Bapa!!

Keep us posted on the dates...

We also hope to hear from the consulate soon... What is a good time (EST) to call the consulate?

How much did it cost you for the open ticket? When/Where did you buy it?

Thanks.

Haymth:
A good time to call is 9:25 pm EST. Use the third number from my previous posting. I got my AI open tickets for free. My family and my dad works for GoI they made the neccessary arrangements with AI. I generally fly AI. I buy or get Economy tickets and I am then always upgraded to business or first class. However you could try Krisbi Travels and Air Tours in Chicago. They both are in Devon Ave. You can look up their number on Yahoo Yellow pages under Chicago.
They both are consolidators for Air India.
Thanks,
Bapa

Bapa,
in cptraker, i found u got ur interview date(12/23/02). Is it final (I mean, from this thread,it seems u r yet to get a final date ...
And thanks for all the info.. - U r a super-duper member !!!
All the best !!
cheers!!

Ranen

Ranen Da:
My appointment is tentative. If you look in the notes section I have stated that interview date in tentative.

Cheers,
Bapa

P III Entered by Mumbai

Hey!

Called Mumbai consulate today. They said P III was entered into system on October 25th and to check back later in about two weeks for interview dates.

PIII was mailed on October 17th. Hopefully will get interview date around 17th October (62-63 days from P III mailing/Sent date).

Monty.

Good luck !! Monty!!

Now let's talk about the documents. Bapa sent a complete list(at least I think so). Are we going to have 9003 ? Is it required ? I have heard recently it is excluded from Pkt-4. Any comment ..?
cheers!!
Ranen

email from consulate

We got an email from the consulate saying "We hope to schedule you in Dec". We had sent a request to change the P4 mailing address to our address in India and that was also acknowledged.

The email said to contact in another week for exact dates.

Good luck to everybody!!

Documents Required

Yesterday, I received my IRS tax transcripts for last 3 years. I called CGNY and they have our PCC ready. Will be going to NY to get PCC next week. Is PCC just a stamp on the passport or do they give you a letter or both?

Ranen, 9003 is such a simple form. It takes few min. to fill this out. I am going to take this. I am still debating about sailing permit. Time permitting might get this too... just in case.

Bapa’s list seams very extensive. Though “Copies of Labor certificate, I-140 application, I-140 approval etc.” should be easy to get from lawyer, is it required? Also, I had submitted original experience letters with my I-140. Are they required? If they are required, will lawyer certified true copy do or do I need to get them again?

I will also get my wife’s name endorsed on my passport next week. With that I should have most (all) of the time consuming documents finally done.

Monty.