Dec Interview - Mumbai-

Bapa

Registered Users (C)
Folks:
My Application has been reviwed by NVC. The review was completed today. That means the review has a system stamp of today. However I think it was done on Friday. My application would be sent to Mumbai consulate in 2-4 weeks ( NVC time line). I guess my application would be in Mumbai by Oct 25th. Hopefully will get Decemeber interview.

All other forum members expecting Dec Interviews please join this thread. As a service to other member please post your details on CPtracker.com and also add this information in this thread.

My dates

LC filed 11/13/2001
LC apporved 05/08/2002
I-140 filed 05/23/2002
I-140 approved 07/27/2002
Case with NVC from INS 08/05/2002
NVC creates Case 08/15/2002
NVC sends case 08/21/2002
Case received by Lawyer 08/27/2002
Fee and Packet 3 sent to St. Louis 09/06/2002
Checks cleared at St. Louis on 09/16/2002
Case reaches NVC 09/23/2002
Case reviewed at NVC 10/15/2002

Hope this helps other members.

Cheers,
Bapa

Congrats!!

Congrats, Bapa fon your pkt 3 review.

My pkt3 was entered by the NVC on the same day as yours, 09/23. I have been trying to call NVC since morning, but nobody answers the phone.. When did your call get through?

Haymth:
I got through in the morning. Wait till someone answers the phone. Dont hangup.
Goodluck.

Bapa

PIII Review complete

PIII Review completed on 10/7/2002. Details on cptracker. Hoping for Dec. Interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
P3 reviewed 10/16/02

Our P3 has been reviewed yesterday..2-4 weeks timeline to forward case to consulate... details on cptracker.

Mumbai Dec Cpers please use this thread to make post about your respective cases.

Thanks,
Bapa

Probable Dec interview

Hi all,

NVC reviewed my P3 (EB2) on Oct 9, and forwarded to Mumbai Oct 17. Hoping for Dec interview,

Any idea when Mumbai would give us a firm date? Need to book India tickets asap, since they'll be very difficult to get and pricey! Any other gameplan for getting reasonable tickets??

Let's get more people on this string who have likely Dec interviews in Mumbai- will be helpful for all of us to exchange info.

Amit

Amit,

NVC reviewed my case (EB2) on October 7th. Based on your information, I hope my case has also been forwarded to Mumbai by now.

I am going to confirm with NVC tomorrow and then either call Mumbai or eMail them towards end of this month for info on appointment date. I also fear that the ticket availability might get very tight (normally very difficult to confirm Europe to Mumbai sector during this time frame) and pricey.

Keep everyone posted if you get anymore info. There got to be more people going for CP to Mumbai. Guys please post. It only helps.

Monty

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also hoping for a Dec/Jan interview in Mumbai.. My case was reviewed on Oct 16, so it should be forwarded soon.. Yes, the tickets are real pricey for Dec, if available..If you do get some good prices, please post..

What are the chances of getting a DEC interview in a holiday season?

Thanks.

Call NVC. My case has been forwarded to Mumbai on October 17th. Will send eMail for interview date by end of this week or beginning of next week.

My case went to NVC from STL on 10/1/02 and the review is completed yesterday. The operator said though it will take 2-4 weeks to reach Mumbai - (is it for Dec holiday ?) - anybody has the same experience ?
cheers!!
Ranen

Folks:
My case was reviewd by NVC on Oct 15th. NVC is saying that it takes 2-4 weeks. According to my analysis it takes one week after review. Guess my case would be DHLed to the consulate tomorrow.

Expecting Dec interviews. A good yardstick for interview dates is that consulate setup an appointment after 60 + days. So for e.g someones case has reached the consulate on Oct 17th, their interview date will fall somewhere from the 17th of Dec to 20 th of Dec.

Cheers,
Bapa

Bapa, U r correct. At least cptracker shows like that.
Let's hope for the best - i.e. getting interview in Dec.
cheers!!
Ranen

As analyzed and predicted, My case was sent to the consulate via DHL today morning. Chances of getting a December interview have brightened up.

Cheers,
Bapa

Ranen:
I am not going to confirm my air tickets. I have open tickets to India valid until Jan 14th 2003. Depending upon the response I get from the consulate, I will take the neccessary steps.

Spoke with DHL according to them it takes 3 business days for the package to reach Mumbai. In which case it will be there on Monday which is the 28th of Oct.

It would be cutting it very close. Since the most consulates the cut-off date is the last day of the month. Which would be the 31st of Oct in my case.

What is happening with your case. Did you talk to NVC. Talk to them and request them to send it to Mumbai by Oct 25th. Otherwise you would be in the January lot. Good luck.

FOLKS:
People looking for tickets you can try
Krisbi Travels
Air Tours

Both of them are based in Chicago-Devon Ave. You can look for them in Yahoo yellow pages in the city of Chicago.

Another good source for tickets is alanitatravels.com

Cheers,
Bapa

Bapa:
I don't think the request is going to work out , anyway for name-sake, I will.
Thanks for the wish. Best of luck to you too!!
cheers!!
ranen

Bapa,
Called NVC but no luck got the same message - "review done on 10/21 and will be forwarded to Mumbai consulate in 2-4 weeks time" - let it takes its own course!!!
This yr out company is going for holiday closing from 23rd Dec. So I'm planning to go to India during Dec and will stay till inerview.
How long is the medical valid ?
cheers!!
Ranen

P3 forwarded to consulate

Hi,

Our P3 has been forwarded to the Mumbai Consulate yesterday..

What are the chances for a dec interview???

Thanks.