Dec Interview - Mumbai-

adding to philosophical trail

ranen/bapa,

getting a greencard would definitely improve perspective ... however, I think, once the first problem is solved, second problem gets promoted. Life is just series of problems or shall we say opportunities. And I think getting greencard would be one such opportunity.

-bsoni

WOW!!! No wonder Indians are great philosopher !!!
keep it up !! These are certainly a relaxation to our friends - going for Dec interview !!!
cheers!!
Ranen

medical

hi all,

i and my wife had our medical at lilavati on dec 6. it was without incident. we were there from 7:30am to 11:30am. recd the reports at 4pm. it cost Rs.1,610 I think without the shots.

have the interview on dec 18- will update you on it after its done..

amit

amitag,
good news !! GOOD LUCK for the interview.
Today, I came to know my interview date - it's 01/29/03.
cheers!!
Ranen

Successfull GC Experience

Hi folks

Glad to join the ranks of recent Permanent Residents from Mumbai. My interview was for Dec 02. The master list of docs that need to be taken and mentioned on this site are more than sufficient. Having said this the only docs asked of me was Employment letter, DS-230, PCC, Afffidavits of proof of birth. Since my birth was not recorded they asked for a Proof of Birth from my school Certificate, original. I recommend Lilavati for Medical's. Extremely efficient bloke in charge. POE was a breeze.The chappie was very friendly. Asked me whether he could take my index finger off my hand for FP ;-).

Everything was as all folks here have said. Thanks to everyone contributing to this site. I will be glad to answer any questions.

Thanks

Noodles

CONGRATS!! Thanks for sharing ... Noodles!!
Man, this is year-end - you could have come late - go for a long vaccation.
All the best for post GC life !!
cheers!!
Ranen

Pls post in detal GC interview.....

Dear CPers, U donn't know how usefull it is for us to get detail info about your GC interview. Please do post you interview in DETAIL for next in queue......Thanks

Folks:
Got done with my Medicals at Hinduja. Very fast and good experience. Was standard test. No upheavels. Cost was Rs 1700. Got done with the morning part by 8:30. Doctor check up was at 1:30. Was done in 5 minutes. Dr confirmed everything is ok. Was done and had my reports by 2:20.

Interview is on Dec 23rd. Champange in the referigerator.

Cheers,
Bapa

bapa...all the best.

awaiting for your party when u land in chicago....:p

ps: hope u remembe me.. My case was 2 months before your case in labor.... i got struck in 140... just enetered nvc area.....all the best.
sri-il

Perfect time for a full-out enjoyment..

Good Luck to you for your interview, Bapa.

Perfect time for enjoyment on the accomplishment you will achieve and holidays celebration. It will be a very Happy and Eventful ending. Good Wishes one more time.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Medical experience at Breach Candy

Hi all,

Got our medicals done at Breach Candy on Dec 16th. Process was smooth except for delay in waiting for the doctor. Registered at 7.30 (with advance appt). There were about 50 people, mostly family based cases. They took the blood sample and x-ray by 9.30 and told us to come back at 10.30 for the physical. The gents and ladies were separated and asked to wait for the doctors. The wait was 2 hours and we were done by 1 pm. The good part was that the ladies got their reports at 2 and the gents at 3 pm. The procedure costs Rs. 1600 including vaccinations.

Got our photos taken at My Own Studio in the breakfast break at 9.30 and picked them up at 5.45pm the same day for Rs 200 per person, 4 photos with negative.

Interview on the 23rd!!

hooray!

sorry for not updating you all on our interview earlier.

was travelling a lot and didn't have internet access easily available.

me and my wife had our interview in bombay on Dec 18- it was pretty uneventful. we went in at the give time- 9:30am, then just sat and waited until 12pm. we were called at 12pm and gave them all the docs they needed- DS 230 (II), birth and marriage certs, medical reports, company appointment letter etc.

then again sat and waited for 30 minutes. around 1pm, they asked us to go to the other counter for the interview. there was an indian and well as American lady there. they just asked if i was still working with the same company. it was pretty relaxed.

they asked us to come at 3:30pm to collect the passports and pacets. we were 15 minutes late, and the guy was really mad at us, and threated to not give us the packets until the next day etc. he made us wait inside for 40 minutes, before finally giving us the packets and passports- so don't be late for collecting yoru packet/passports!!!

got back to the US yesterday- POE was JFK. again it was uneventful. we just showed the passports and packets to immigration, and they asked us to go to a room next door. we waited for 1 hour (i don't know why it took so long, because there were very few people there). finally they called me and my wife, asked us to sign at 2 places, took our fingerprints and stamped a temporary (1-yr) GC on the passport. be careful, though- the immigration guys were extremely rude, and acting like smart asses...

that's it from my end- let me know if you'd like to know anything else.

Question pls and..Thanks for update....

Amitag,
Congrats once again and thanks for your valuable update. It will help future CPers. I have one question for you and for others to suggest. I changed my job in October'2000 from company A to company B and I travelled india in urgency in the month of Nov'2000 using the company A Visa and came back(since company A visa was valid till September'2001)after that I got visa revalidation for company B in the month of Jan'2001. Is this is a concern....I am hoping my Cp in March. Appriciate your advice. Thanks..

Amitag,
Congrats !! And ------ better late than never - :)
cheers!!
Ranen

Haymth,
So u r still on vaccation ? India is sweet in winter - I swear !!
cheers!!
Ranen