************QUESTIONS***********************
I received a letter from NVC dated Nov 5 saying that my case
is forward to Bombay. I checked up with Bombay and they said
that I can expect an interview in January. I am expecting an
interview in first or second week. Could you please tell me
when I would be receiving the packet 4? Will it be after Dec 15
when they put up the list on their web-site, or could I expect
to receive sometime in the first week of Dec (giving it a rough
30 day time-frame, as it appears to be the usual time)?

One more thing, I was planning to get the employment letter
and other company info from my employer. They said that they
will furnish me all the details once I get packet4 with the
confirmed date. Their rational is that the employment letter
should be as close to the interview date as possible. If I take
the letter now, roughly a month and half in advance, the
consulate may complain about it. Does it really matter that the
employment letter is dated close to the interview date or is it
alright to have more than a month of gap in between?
******************Answers**************
You will get your Pk 4 no later then DEc 28th or DEc 31st. You can leave on Dec 15th and collect PK 4 duplicate from Consulate window. That is what I had my driver do for me.
Emp. Letter is valid for period of 6 months. My Emp Letter was obtained on Nov 1st so was my I -134.

Hope that answers your questions.

Cheers,
Bapa

Amar Sonar Bangal :)

CP delay due to security check?

Hi Bapa,
I am sorry to snoop around this thread with a very irrelevant question, but I will appreciate if you answer this one.

I am filing for I140 and I am opting for CP in New Delhi. My lawyer told me today that all CP cases in India are getting delayed by 6-8 weeks due to extra security checks. Is that true?
Thanks

Psinha

To Bapa Bhai

Bapa bhai,
Congratulations on getting your CP date on Dec 23. Can you please let me know how much time it took you after your 140 was approved to your interview date.

Thanks

Psinha:)

ticket to india travel agant and more

hello,

I found my tickets on the site makemytrip.com
They gave me tickets even when all my travel agents couldt. I found the tickets and asked my travel agent to buy them so that i could get the discount. My ticket cost about 1200$ each on NW/KLM airlines from san francisco to detroit to amsterdam to bombay and return from bombay to amsterdam to sfo. I came to india on 9th nov and am returning on 2nd dec. Flights on 1st week of jan are completely booked so try a little after that. singapore airlines offers open tickets for which u dont have to pay any fees. i have a decent travel agent his name is mukesh kanakia and phone is 510 651 1528 . he works in fremont california. He works from home and is available 7 days a week.

doggy

I-134

I-134
One more question regarding I-134
in section 8 they ask to list the persons dependent upon me.

Should I write my spouse name in it ? Or is it for anyone other than the person iam sponsering?

PSinha Bau:
My I -140 was approved on July 27th Circa 2002 AD. You are Delhi. E.g If my consulate was delhi I would get Jan 23rd interview instead of Dec 23rd. Mumbai Rocks. :)

Hope that answers your question. For further analysis check out CPtracker.com. ( make sure put your information on cptracker too for other people to benefit)

newchennai anna:
Q8) Put your wife's name and if you have siblings then put their names too.

Cheers
Bapa

Security Checks Delay...

Bapa Bhai,
Thanks for responding. Here is another question for you. A collegue of mine is stuck in New Delhi for a month now. The consulate are doing additional security check up on him which can take anywhere between six to eight weeks. My lawyer also told me that couple of her clients are also stuck in Inida due to the security reasons. Any clue on what is going on here?

Thanks

Psinha

Last edited by a moderator:
Psinha Bau:
Let me look into my crystal ball. .............. Looking. Dont know. Cant see a thing.
Guess:Maybe their name was not cleared during the FBi Check.
Bapa

PIV received.

I and my lawyer both received packet IV today. A quick look at the document requirements doesn’t seem to have any out of ordinary requirements.

Re: PIV received.

Can you please lemme know what are the req documents(asked in pak-4)?
Thanks,
Viren

Originally posted by monty2
I and my lawyer both received packet IV today. A quick look at the document requirements doesn’t seem to have any out of ordinary requirements.

Hello Bapa and all,
I had a question.I have a friend who is on "bench" from Mid Oct , and hisappointment is scheduled in last week of december.His Company does'nt pay during the bench period.That leaves him with no pay stub from oct 15.His Proj was likely to last month itself, but there was some delay and yday he got a mail saying that it would take few weeks before his proj wld start...Now he is fix , coz he has booked his ticket for dec 12th...But his company has agreed to his the employment letter...How important i sthe paystub during the interview???
Can you please suggest as to what might be consequences for not having the paystub...and any remedial measures?? Thanks for all your help...any suggestions are welcome..

Viren

Kapoor Saheb:
It is a great gesture that you are helping out THIS friend. Who i think should be savy enough to use the Internet. And being in IT ( SINCE HE IS ON THE BENCH) should know how to use IE or Netscape . Anyways.

Paystub is important. But generally Mumbai does not ask for one. Chennai does ask for the paystubs. However if you take Oct or Nov you are good to go.

Kapoor Saheb is your friends name Viren
;-)

Cheers,
Bapa

Thanks for your reply.But no, my friend's name isnot Viren and I am not at liberty to disclose his name...but both of us work for same company. anyways thanks for your valued response
Viren

Originally posted by Bapa
Kapoor Saheb:
It is a great gesture that you are helping out THIS friend. Who i think should be savy enough to use the Internet. And being in IT ( SINCE HE IS ON THE BENCH) should know how to use IE or Netscape . Anyways.

Paystub is important. But generally Mumbai does not ask for one. Chennai does ask for the paystubs. However if you take Oct or Nov you are good to go.

Kapoor Saheb is your friends name Viren
;-)

Cheers,
Bapa

Documents request in P-IV.

1. Appointment Letter
2. Passport valid for six months beyond intended date of entry
3. Police Certificate(s)
4. Birth Certificate for each applicant
5. Birth certificate of all unmarried children who will not immigrate with you this time.
6. Court and prison records if applicable
7. Military records if applicable
8. Color Photographs (3 for each person)
9. Marriage Certificate
10. Evidence of financial support. I-864 for family based and I-134, notarized offer of employment or evidence of your own assets for other immigrants.
11. Divorce Decree or death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
12. Optional Forms 230 I and II, Application for immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Part II.
13. Beneficiaries of employment-based petitions should bring a recent letter from prospective employer confirming the essential of the offer.

Bapa,monty and others,
Good news. and BEST OF LUCK!!! Please don't forget to post ur experiences!!
CHEERS!!
Ranen

PCC

Good luck to everyone for the CP interview!

Mine is on Dec 18- if anyone has the same date, let me know.

I recd the P4 on Friday. It says we need to get PCC from the local police station as well as the passport office. Are you guys planning to get these- any idea how long it takes??

This is the first time I'm seeing this- I thought PCC from Indian consulate would suffice.

Anyways, cheers!
Amit

amitag,
Though Pkt-4 has mentioned about local PCC, I think it's not required for those who r already over here - it does mean that PCC from consulate is good enough. Actually is prepared to address all the candidates - those who r already in their home-country andthose like us who r employed and staying here. Don't worry, consulate PCC will be enough. GOOD LUCK!! And ... Don't forget to share ur experiences - we will be waiting for ur(u, bapa , monty and others..)response.
cheers!!
Ranen