Data Consolidation Project February Thread

I think upload size is a universal setting. Will pass the request on to operations.
I decline your invitations for offline emails. I now understand that you guys are working towards a solution.
I will add more sheets to my list as soon as I can .
I apologize for causing any misunderstanding or "kidnapping" sensation. :)

Folks,

This is wonderful forum with wonderful people sharing information and knowledge. I agree most people come here to 'get' or 'receive' information or knowledge and there are very limited number of people who provide it. (to all of us). But the fact is most of us don't have enough knowledge to share.

But, please keep this forum and data project going on.

I am happy to HELP if you need.

Just give me instructions what I need to do and I will do.

Originally posted by jaxen2
I think upload size is a universal setting. Will pass the request on to operations.
I decline your invitations for offline emails. I now understand that you guys are working towards a solution.
I will add more sheets to my list as soon as I can .
I apologize for causing any misunderstanding or "kidnapping" sensation. :)

Project ____

Jaxen made a valid point that calling the files consolidated was Incorrect.

It would be good idea to name the zipped files after the project name.

We were thinking of a good name for this project.
CSC's project is called Project Kashmir after forum member Kashmir.

My choices were - Project Mesquite or Project Alamo for Texas Service Center.
MaybeSoon has suggested Project Freedom.
Please give your suggestions.

I have renamed the files accordingly.

Here is Freedom_02_ver172.zip - It contains
cons_02.xls

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Freedom_03_ver172.zip -

cons_03.xls and
cons_sum.xls - I have added a new column to track the no of RFE sent & rec'd.

Please give your suggestions for the Project name and we will name the files accordingly.
Even the excel files could be named accordingly but that will require changes to references.

One more suggestion ( I have already forwarded your requests for additional memory and some additional volunteer moderators to operations- if you are eligible- volunteer now)
Can we separate the approved numbers to a separate spread sheet that does not get checked again? I can do SRC02-050 to 070 if we can take away the approval numbers into the summary sheet or someplace else. We still need those numbers or atleast the stats (number approved in year/month) whatever...
Hopefully the core group is discussing this aspect too.

Problems with the file

Looks like I am the only one who cant open the file. Dont know why. It always gives me the message" File invalid or corrupted" Problem has started since end Jan or feb beg.

Jaxen and all,

I am willing to help and have spare time.

Let me know what you want me to do. I am relatively new here but feel that I should contribute because I get a lot of information from here. Though this information may or may not help to get an early approval but emotionally it is been helpful

As far as I know, that has been taken care of. Approved cases are not rescanned except those that say something like "mailed directly" which could be fake approvals.

Originally posted by jaxen
One more suggestion ......
Can we separate the approved numbers to a separate spread sheet that does not get checked again? I can do SRC02-050 to 070 if we can take away the approval numbers into the summary sheet or someplace else. We still need those numbers or atleast the stats (number approved in year/month) whatever...
Hopefully the core group is discussing this aspect too.

Toolongawait,

You can start helping by scanning for new SRC numbers in Dec 01 range. Pick a date that does not exist in the cons_02, say 02-063 (if failed then 062, 061, ...). Let everyone know that you are working on it.

Run I-485Scan from 50000 to 50989. After 24 hours or resetting of your IP, pick up from 50990 and scan another 990 numbers. Keep doing it until you are kicked out. It could be 55xxx or even higher. Post your result. Describe what happened even if it's totally empty.

Originally posted by Toolongawait
Jaxen and all,

I am willing to help and have spare time.

Let me know what you want me to do. I am relatively new here but feel that I should contribute because I get a lot of information from here. Though this information may or may not help to get an early approval but emotionally it is been helpful

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE...received
today I received RFE from Officer # 303.

They need 2 more affidavits other than my paents and primary school records that should indicate my name and date of birth.

PD aug-01
ND sep-13-01
FP march-20-03
RFE sent feb-09-04
RFE received feb-16-04.

Re: Problems with the file

Originally posted by tirednconfused
Looks like I am the only one who cant open the file. Dont know why. It always gives me the message" File invalid or corrupted" Problem has started since end Jan or feb beg.

tirednconfused,

I have no clue what it could be , but here are few things you may try

1) Just download a file from thread 7 , ie somewhere in early Jan, unzip and see what happens.

2) Download a file which is posted without compressing , (you will find quite a few here and there who have individually posted their sheets), and see

3) Where do you get the message , when you double click??
If so, try to right click on the file and select the extract all and extract the file and then try to open the extracted file.

Nothing else comes to my mind for now. Hope some clue you will
get out of some of this.

--pr

Dec 01

Please keep a track of who is collecting what data for Dec 01 so we don't duplicate the effort.
I found GcCare has scanned for 02-057 (12/12/01).
I think he meant to post it here but he has posted it in the
RFE tracker thread ( by the way, good idea by Stones).

Older data

Jaxen, once again, is there any case from 2000 on the forum?
the oldest case I know now is Gkhan's from april 01.

In theory, since TSC's off processing date is now May 8th 01,
the no of cases awaiting Adjustment in sheets SRC01-001 to SRC 01- 156 shd be 0.
But we still see there was a RFE issued on 2/6/04 to a src from SRC01-069 case.

Earlier to tackle the space problem,We were considering
removing the sheets older than the TSC's official processing date or nearby ( say lock pre-Apr 01 data).

what are everyone's thoughts on this?

to goastros

goastros, let me know which dates you want me to scan. I scan for a bunch today.

thanks

Re: to goastros

Originally posted by GCcare
goastros, let me know which dates you want me to scan. I scan for a bunch today.

thanks
Gccare, since you have started on 02-057, you can continue on the same upto 56000.

Good news...3MB sanctioned by Rajiv

No goastros, I dont have any knowledge of 2000 case. I just assumed from the consolidated excel sheet I saw a few months ago.

The good news is that the size limit has been increased to 3MB! Please pass on the thank you note, to rajiv and monica (rajiv's girl friday! Kudos Mam)

So please reconsider your strategy. My suggestion is :Let us have another thread that grows with approved numbers (with data of what changed when ) That way, we can split the problem between approved and still pending cases. As soon as you make up an approved (RFE, transfer are all still pending) excel and a new thread, I will stick it up.

goastros, tombaan and other veterans please watch my thread on eligible to be moderator, in this forum.